1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you tell your husband everything?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shruti1487, Jun 30, 2015.

1. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

Just wondering...Do u ladies tell ur husbands everything or not? what type of things you hide from your husband? Thanks.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

IMO (and since its IMO, its IMO) - We cannot lead life by asking how others live their lives. Everyone has their own principles in life, and every couple leads life a different way. One doesnt have to say "everything" to spouse (for example, there can be a friend who confides something to us about her own life in a private way), but if it feels like hiding something from spouse (a matter that does indeed concern him or us as a couple), or if it makes us think if we need to 'hide', then something is not right.

3. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

Hello shruti,

We don't have to tell everything to DH, especially things which are not his concern.
    My family members, cousins and friends share their personal issues with me. I do not tell all those things to him as it is not a subject of his interest. But I do share with him all issues which may affect 'us' as a family.

Shruti, if your DH is short tempered, it is better not to give information that could trigger anger and unhappiness. eg: personal matters related to your parents / siblings.

3 people like this.
  4. bulesha

bulesha Silver IL'ite

Only matters which affects we as a family, need to be shared by both. We do have our own life & own secrets.

5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

No i dont tell husband everything.I dont think so we have to.

6. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

I almost tell everything to my hubby.. i guesd 99 percent of things...once or twice i hide things frm my mom side which were very personal ti me....

Because of this my hubbt trusts me completely....he knows tht wht is in mt heart tht is on my tounge too...
    altho my hubby doesnt tell me everything so i trust him less:)....

7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

thinkingsmileyIs it only me who says everything to DH :hide:...Can't help it faintingsmiley That's like that.. But DH is a cool guy so it doesn't matter .. no backfiring till now..
    Somehow i take a deep breath and sleep peacefully only after blabbering everything to DH..Poor guy he would sleep off at times.. His mind voice would be :drowning (yenna kaapathunga...)

2 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I tell more than he wants to know . He will go crazy if I go on and on about everything.

2 people like this.
  9. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

I tell him everything I can think of in the fews mins I get between the kids, his work n his sleep but I think he registers only bout half of. It.. Rest of it is lost out. When I attempt to complete the story with a sleeping husband:)

10. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

I used to tell him everything ..He used some of those against me when we went through rough patch ...Now i only tell him what he needs to know. He judges me on everything i say , so i filter a lot while i talk to him. And he never opens up to me about anything .HE talks to me bare minimal.We mainly talk about baby and food mostly.