1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise surprise surprise!!! By my dh

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vidhya2810, Jun 5, 2015.

1. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

Hi IL's first I would like to share with you all that we bought a 3yrs old house yesterday.
    I and my dad 1st went to see that house with my husband's knowledge. we liked it and after that week, sunday my FIL came from Vijayawada n saw the house for vasthu complaint as of ma dad doesn't know. for any further documents and so on seller will used to contact me n slowly I asked him to contact my hubby. so I too involved in buying process for last 3 months like meeting lawyer n so on...
    And last saturday we got loan sanctioned n yesterday without any notification just my husband went and got registered. Although I'm constantly asking him about that he never opened his mouth...
    Just yesterday at night 10'o' clock he is jus showing me the bill receipt and expecting that I have to feel happy n hug him. anyone can justify this. I'm crying a lot for this incident. he always used to maintain lot of secrets so that only I should not touch his mobile n shirt pockets n so on...
    I can't able to control my tears
    Is this really a surprise friends ???

2. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,

Congrats!!
    You shouldn't be crying, its definitely a good surprise. Be glad that your husband took so much efforts to make this a pleasant surprise.

3. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

If you are not paying the loan and the house is registered in your H's name and not in-laws name, I don't see any reason why shouldn't feel happy ...

Ignore my post if there is something more to the story .. I haven't read your previous posts.

4. Sparkle19

Sparkle19 Silver IL'ite

Its not a good suprise.. According to me for registration he should have told you.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Even if with husband's knowledge, still you went to see it first with your dad. Maybe you have valid reasons for that. And at least in first half of the process, you were the primary point of contact for seller.

That does sort of justify his doing the registration by himself. Not a nice 'justify'...

I am sorry such a happy moment was marred by this 'surprise.' If everything else, such as names in registration, etc is as you want it, try to ignore it for now, and after a while, look into the entire house search, finalization, loan, registration thing.

6. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

Hi @Metamorphic just no need to say sorry n all

7. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

Hi @Rihana I don't want to get registered in my name, as of in cricket 1 ball 1 run n if they won how they will feel at that moment, the same feeling I expected...

8. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

just want to enjoy and celebrate that moment

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op....since you are not really bothered about whose name it is registered to....just enjoy the new home..

You wanted the pleasure of seeing the the actual buying of the house....but your husband probably thinks you would like the surprise better.Every ones idea of joy is different.

Even if you were disappointed he did not add your name to the house ....you would be perfectly right to feel disappointed.After marriages....whatever big acquisitions are made should/could be on both names irrespective of who buys it. If you had taken the loan and put only your name ....even your husband would be right in feeling disappointed.
    Cheers...and enjoy the house .

3 people like this.
  10. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

oh dear...

this moment according to me is super sweet but with a tinge of bitterness (or is tangy the better description ??)

Let this one go... make a funny story out of the whole thing which you can narrate to your kids on how a surprise turned out to be a shock for you and laugh it out..

More importantly... make your husband very clear of what all matters you intend to be there in the front line than being "surprised" this way.. make your expectations very clear from day 1 of any major milestones such as this one...it may lose a bit of romantic charm as against when a spouse takes own effort "make these moments".. but that's part of the bargain..

My husband "surprised" me a couple times like this and I have forbidden him to even buy me a surprise gift.

2 people like this.