1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how many kids should we have ?one or two

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nik85, May 30, 2015.

1. nik85

nik85 New IL'ite

Hi all my friends ,

I want to know how many kids Should we have . In todays time people are thinking to have only for one child . I want to know is this thinking right .How many kids should we have? one or two .wht u think ...

2. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

it depends on your individual circumstances. We have only 1 child. 7 yrs old.
    i didnt want to have more and dh wasnt interested too.
    Since last year my son has started BEGGING for a sibling. I convinced DH and we are ttc now. we probably left it a bit too late. Im 34 and unable to concieve yet (trying since 3 months )

3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Interesting that - If a MIL or SIL (or even if our own parents) provides suggestion on one-versus-two, then it is not "input" but interference, but if some random anon people on the internet say it, then it is well thought out input :) Oh thats coz we didnt "ask" the MIL or SIL or parents, it was unsolicited and therefore we cry foul :)

Answer: 0, 1, 2, 3...these are to be solely decided by the couple. But yes, its generally a good thing for your child to have a brother or sister (even though some feel its overrated, underrated etc).

3 people like this.
  4. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

If it is provided as a suggestion it is fine,if it is nagging it is interference

3 people like this.
  5. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

and when inlaws give "suggestion" its always what THEY WANT and what suits them.

They care a **** about whats good for the DIL

2 people like this.
  6. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

two. better they have siblings. it sucks being single and always the older one gains more responsibility and little one has a role model especially if there is atleast 5 years gap.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Chill Ragini....people can't ask mil or sil for suggestions and then ignore the suggestions. Once logged in .....there is no log out option for mil and sil.....

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...first have one. See how it feels...you both will then know how many to have.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi, This topic is a main discussion once you have one kid.

Not sure how it works in other countries, but in India there is definitely a sort peer pressure which affects an individual's life in the below stages of life.

1) Educational Qualification.

2) Employment status.

3) Getting married.

4) Having children

so on and so forth.....

Now coming to the stage of having children.I personally believe, it is inflenced by the below.

1) Sifficient financial strength to bring up two kids.

2) Gynaecological health of the husband and wife.How far they are able to cope up the process without medical interventions.

There can be 1000 points FOR having two kids and 1000 points against having two kids.The arguements are endless.

But what matters most is how we bring up the child whether it is one or two.

10. chandrakiran

chandrakiran Silver IL'ite

As many have said, there is no right or wrong answer to this question.
    there are many advantages of having just one kid, and there are advantages of having two.
    There are also advantages of not having a kid...:)
    so its entirely one's preference. i was in this situation few years ago and decided to go for two. - to be able to enjoy bringing up two children, their playing together, laughing, fighting and all that...which would be missing if its a single child.
    That said, it is financially tough considering cost of education these days..