1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Astrology do you believe in it?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by shruti1487, May 29, 2015.

1. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

Seems like problems are never ending and since most of you know my story, my stupid family (mother and grandmother) blame the birth of my son as inauspicious for the problems caused by my mom and the emotional imbalance I'm in. They took the time of my son's birth and asked Priest who told my mother that my son has Gandmool Dosha (some aslesha nakshtra with pada 2) and my son is very inauspicious for his nearby relatives. So my mother through my grandmother sends me the message that I have to do some puja for him and this is the a use of all the troubles in our life and my son's diaper rash ulcers (he got it from hospital diapers when he was born and got worse as doctors gave strong medicines..he is all good now)..

I told them that not to say anything like that and I don't believe it. I feel that now my mother's actions are blamed on my son's birth. My husband doesn't believe in such things...and I do believe but I can't hear that my son's birth is inauspicious..

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Why are you still communicating with your parents, especially when they are passing on negative information?
    You should focus on your son and husband now. Soon he will grow, and you want to have happy memories of these days.

sindmani and VanithaSudhir like this.
  3. niriha

niriha Bronze IL'ite

All kids are god. they are the bundle of happiness and no kids are inauspicious...

if they blame your son, just tell them "Theedhum nandrum pira thara vaara" (good/bad that doesnt happen because of others, it all happens because of that individual) and move on..

Enjoy each moment with your kid/husband.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Sometimes I feel we humans are the worst creatures nature must have ever created. Instead of accepting the mistake and asking for forgiveness, Your mother is not even a bit hesitatant to pass the blame on to a her newly born grandson who is barely three month old. I wonder you still pay attention to what your mother says. Nothing will change in your life until you shift your focus from what your mother says and thinks to your own home. You want your husband to change but I feel more than him you need to change yourself. To have some sanity Either you go for counselling or forget what your mother, grand mother or sister think or say.

sindmani, Littleangel9 and mmanjari like this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

hi Shruti,

It depends on whether Mercury, the ruling planet of aslesha is well placed or not in the horoscope. If it is well placed, then even if there are hurdles, he will be able to overcome the hurdles and be successful. Since the natives of the GandMool nakshatra have hurdles in their life, their near ones are generally worried about them, other than that there is no specific implications on the near ones.

I am also born in GandMool Nakshatra, but the ruling planet, ketu is well placed and hence even after hurdles, there have been no issues with my life. My parents always used to worry about me. I have a Nephew who has GandMool Nakshatra and he has been facing constant hurdles as his ruling planet is not well placed.

So yes it is true that people with GandMool Nakshatra may have to face more hurdles than others (things don't work out right away, more hardwork is needed, not get enough recognition, etc).

Astrologers typically mention about pooja. My nephew had done it and we don't know whether he would have faced more hurdles if he hadn't.

Famous people with these Nakshatra - Jawaharlal Nehru, Mahatma Gandhi, Dev Anand. Statistically, 20% of the population are born in these nakshatras and their success/failures depend on the how the lords of these nakshatras are placed in their horoscope along with others.

So, it is possible that he may have more struggle than others but I wouldn't call him inauspicious. No child is inauspicious for anyone.

2 people like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP

I have no idea about Astrology because I am a Christian. But I have a very good experience with Astrology in my life. Let me share for your insight.

I believe in Astrology. Some (very few) astrologers could predict our life to some extend. But I do not believe in remedy unless the remedy is prayer to God.
    Paying money, or doing special things like pilgrimage or anything as such to resolve the problem are just money waste, unless the creator has something else planned for us. You can ask God, and he is the only remedy for whatever the issue.

That is why, we do not seek astrology. Because, knowing something about our hurdles and unable to do anything about it is difficult. So, better let it happen as it is planned by God, but please the God to be with us throughout. No planets can do anything when God is by our side. I am a religious person.

When my son was born, my PILs found out from a famous astrologer that his birth would separate both dad and son. Since we had marital issues then at the verge of separation, my PILs believed in it. They were asked for costly remedy, but they indeed wanted this to happen. So, allowed this to happen without paying much attention on remedies :hide:

I prayed to God, as that's what I believed as a remedy. I prayed within my 4 walls with tears.
    We temporally separated for few months, the re-united. However, since then until now, we are running towards different directions (to different cities to different continent) for career.
    Now we are a good happy family, but never lived constantly for more than 15 days together so far.
    As per his astrology, the dad and son will live under one roof when he is 5. Now things are working towards the right direction, as my H is almost getting a transfer to native, where I also somehow got a transfer early this year.

The predicted separation is there, but in a good way that we did not take it badly, rather as a matter of development.

Now, when my DD was born... The astrologer spoke about a whole in her heart, a weird murmur in her heart beat, and some stomach illness until she turns 1.5. He said, my DD's horoscope does not match with mine, so we can't live together. He predicted as if DD's life is under a threat with all the illness coz kids will anyway live with their moms na.

Again, I did so much prayers with tears. No remedies as he requested.

DD's murmur was identified when she was 1 month old, then it was declared as innocent murmur after a thorough echo gram. She then suffered with recurrent stomach infections, and every time I had gone to severe heartache by seeing my little one cry. She is now passed all this.

In the meantime, I had been transferred to Bangkok, and I could not take my family due to other issues at home. Mine was a 4 month assignment and I was able to visit home once a month to be with DD when she was just 4 months old then. Until she reaches 8 months, she lived under my mom's care only.

It took me some more months finally to resign my job to be with my kids. The time when I finally came home was when she was 1.5 years.

The same astro predicted me that I will have to undergo a major surgery around by birthday in 2011. The prediction happened in 2006, that time I wasn't even married. He said, I will be suffering with some poisonous thing after the surgery; thus my life will be in danger.

After some years in 2011, I became preg, delivered my child with c-sec at the last minute 10 days before my birthday. Then just after my birthday, I attempted to commit a suicide with a poison and almost went near death.

We never did any remedies, but we were saved throughout the hurdles. Now this astrologer is no more. He never got money from us for these predictions.

Coming to your case, if your son's astrology is the reason for the separation between the families, perhaps it is true.
    But the separation could have happened other pleasant manner. But, the issues occurred at your home is because of the ego and lack of love of the parties concerned.

No remedies can cure them until they realize their mistakes. But, with prayer, you can bring out miracles. Even such bad souls could change towards better people like my own PILs changed now. Have hope.

The next time when you receive such messages, tell them you know how to tackle this. Just thank them for their advice and ignore at that. Don't even take it to your heart.

Believe me, your son is not the reason for their bad behavior.

sindmani and CuteCancer like this.
  7. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

OP
    All kids are gifts of god. If something happens to someone coz of the arrival of a baby, then isnt it designed by god to be so? Why worry so much? take care of the baby and protect from negative thoughts. Also, it is not good to consult astrologer about kid' horoscope until the kid turns 12, and only in emergency cases, can be consulted. Have minimum communciation with your family, and concentrate on your kid and DH. rest all can wait or can be ignored for any longer tenure.
    As SGBV said prayers are better than any remedies. Pray god, and the strength comes to you.

8. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

Hi OP,

I am born under jyestha. I checked with my parents no puja was done.

I believe in astrology but I dont believe in pujas because in my opinion whatever is destined to
    happen will happen irrespective of whether we do remedial puja or not. So dont take things negatively rather face things with courage. Do whatever you can to improve the health of your chile and leave the rest to God. Believe that whatever happens happens for a good reason.