1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lovely article...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sm123, May 6, 2015.

1. sm123

sm123 Silver IL'ite

5 people like this.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Agree with the article.
    One has to do what one needs to be happy.A happy mother/parent can make life happy at home and an unhappy one can bring misery. We owe it to people around us to be happy.If it means a dusty home occasionally or an unwashed kid once in a while...so be it. A take out dinner while you stop for taking a deep breath....what ever helps to stay sane and happy.

2 people like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice article a true one too! How I wish I had realized this sooner but today I am happy for being a little selfish.... Keeping the family happy and keeping oneself sane is what matters.

4. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Do not know if our mothers were right or wrong by being 'selfless'. Never had the opportunity to ask my mother if she was happy. She passed away when I was young.May be the then societal norm dictated their lives through out. Lucky we are living in a far better (?!) world where one can come out in the open about being 'selfish ' without feeling guilty !:cool2:

Pavithra

1 person likes this.
  5. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Very good article. Thanks for sharing. I agree with all of what it says.

The "Sukanya, tere kahaani hai nirali....." self-sacrificing woman at the altar of family life is an all too common visage that we encounter on a daily basis. An unhappy woman means an unhappy family! And the vice-versa is also true.

@PavithraS, sorry to hear about your mom. I believe that women of the earlier generations had a lot of "acceptance" of many situations and were more forgiving of personal slights, which we lack. As long as the woman is happy making vadaam or doing yoga on a beachfront, it shouldn't matter is what I think :)

1 person likes this.
  6. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Correct you are butterfly ice. Happiness is highly individualistic. You can have all the luxuries and comforts of world and still be in search of true happiness and on the other hand be contented and attain happiness even if you have no clue about tomorrow. I think our mothers and theirs mastered this art of being contented and never bothered to confuse if it really was happiness that they experience. :cool2:

1 person likes this.
  7. CoolIndianGirl

CoolIndianGirl Bronze IL'ite

Very gud article. But i feel word selfish is stressed so much. I personally feel it should be termed as balancing not being selfish.
    One gud thing i keep on learning or telling to myself is not to judge parenting style of others. And each parent knows their kid better than anybdy else. Even i was the one who always compares the parenting style . i felt guilty that i leave my kid in day care i wondered y my friend doesnt care if her kid skips one of the meal i used to cry if my son didnt eat.
    Nothing is gonna change other than taking stress to myself.. I started going in my son's pace
    There is one more thread too in IL i read recently that a parent was giving a greber products and all the replies were eye opener... parenting is a art of learning everyday.. and now i stopped commenting on other parenting style instead i m learning frm them how it is diff . what can we take frm their parenting style sometimes i feel its their style and i have my own that suits me.. keep it simple..

2 people like this.