1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help My husband has ran away

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rarejewel, Apr 27, 2015.

1. rarejewel

rarejewel Junior IL'ite

I don't want my marriage to end. It's been a month my H has not come home. He has shifted out and turned off his phone and all contacts. His family also has cut off contact from me. He has told all his colleageus to not interfere at office also. These people are behaving so weird. There have been mistakes from both sides. I agree I have made mistakes but he won't talk to me to sort out the problems. He is always quiet and never discusses anything. What should I do? He has asked my dad to pay the rent and he has not taken any of his things from the flat. Is there some woman organization that can help me to force him to talk to me. How can a husband just run away?

1 person likes this.

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@rarejewel:

So sorry to hear your situation.

The first thing you should do is file a complaint at a local police station. Go along with your parents to a local police station and file a complaint. They will guide you in case you want a divorce or if you want to be supported by a women's organisation. They may not be able to help you in making your husband come back and live with you. But once you file a complaint, your husband has to come down to talk wherever he is asked to, even if he doesn't want to be with you.

If you have any evidence of abuse, carry that. A copy of marriage certificate, photo albums can be asked/used as proof of your marriage.
    A husband cannot just run away. This is illegal. I assume he has cut you off financially also, since he has asked your father to pay the rent?! Are you living alone now? I saw your other post where you mentioned that you tried committing suicide. Do not make any hasty decisions and make sure there is some one to keep you company through this time.

Check this link for information about bangalore-based women support organizations:
    Helplines and support for women: Navya D'Souza - Citizen Matters, Bangalore News

sindmani, PavithraS, joylokhi and 4 others like this.
  3. rarejewel

rarejewel Junior IL'ite

My parents are with me. My dad went to police station but they said they can't do anything. They said to go to his village but my inlaws have told all his relatives to not talk to us. My H has filed a complaint against me before running away that I'm torturing him. I tried to commit suicide because we had a big fight, that's when he ran away. He called the police on me and tried to scare me. I have never seen this kind of guy. It was wrong of me to attempt suicide but my H wouldn't discuss the problems and always fights. I feel tortured in the marriage but I don't know what to do. I just want to hear form him if he wants divorce. Its his birthday tomorrow, should I send flowers and card to his office?

4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Op,
    When my friend was in same situation we came to know that there is a particular case you can file on which they will have to produce your husband in court with in 24 hours. Please check on the legal implications of this before doing so.
    you can also approach a woman's police station saying you couldn't reach your husband.

sindmani and sumalynux like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

There must have been some serious issues between the two of you to enable him just ran away upon your suicidal decision. Both are grave issues, that too at this very early stage of your marriage.

Until and unless you reveal what has happened between the two of you (at least to the Police, if not here), no one can guide or help you.

Whatever the issue may be, it was clearly wrong from your H to just ran away like this. But on the other hand, it seems he has already lodged a complaint against you for a reason. That could be counted as a valid reason for him to flee.

Since you felt suicidal and faced torture in this marriage, I feel it is better you guys give mutual consent to divorce.

I don't think Police or woman orgn can help you to patch up or live together. But they can indeed force your husband to face you before the court and come for a decision.

Since your parents are with you, better you plan your life ahead.

5 people like this.
  6. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

No. Don't send him flowers or cards. From what you said, he is not interested in staying in this relationship with you. Why chase someone who is on the run?
    You can approach the crime against women cell if the local police station is not able to help you. He cannot be married and run away at the same time and also not talk about divorce. He should choose one.
    Also find a lawyer to help with your case. I see no other options than approaching him legally. Even if he has an old complaint against you, everything will be pulled up and verified in the process. If you haven't done anything wrong, you need not fear for any consequences.
    But all these may only help in you having a conversation with your husband and not make you and him live together.

Do not feel guilty for trying to commit suicide. Situations can bring the worst out of people. Forget the past and work on your future.

2 people like this.
  7. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

@rarejewel
    Since he has already filed a police complaint better check with a lawyer on what you can do. For that you need to really clear on whether you really want to patch up with him.

8. rarejewel

rarejewel Junior IL'ite

I don't know if he is not interested in staying. When my dad talked to him at office a few times, he said he is willing to go to family counseling and asked what I wanted. But when we setup a time to meet outside, he didn't show up. Either he is punishing me or he has decided to seperate. Marriage is not a game. He filed a complaint because his brother told him to, I don't think he wanted to. It was because he felt if I died he would go to jail, so he might be scared. His family is the one giving him wrong ideas. I just want him to talk out the problems once.

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I don't blame his family for being scared OP.If a woman dies within seven years of marriage...it becomes a police case and has to be investigated even if there is no complain.

If you don't want a divorce...then don't go to the police. Police involvement will make things worse.

If you really believe that he doesn't want divorce but his family is behind this(probably scared to death themselves)...then give it some time.
    Let him stay away and think for sometime.Keep trying for mediation through relatives.Let them know that you did not mean to get them in trouble at all.
    If this doesn't help....then check with women's welfare group for counseling.

You could write to him and ask him for clarifications.

10. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

But from her other posts it looks like there were some other issues from the beginning which triggered the suicide. Its not clear if the suicide was the trigger for his action. (To be clear: I agree on you POV, just sharing an opinion on the side here)

1 person likes this.