1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with all time tempered husband?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Reesha, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

hi Il's,

I didnt expect that i would also post my problem hear because i had belief that i can manage patiently my relationship problems with my husband. but now i couldnt.

My husband is good charactered & best professional in his career. but he dont know how to manage things at home but want to command things at home as per his wish. If any thing not happened as per his expectation, he will get irritation & temper. i have fallowing problems....

1. I hired a cook to make my life easy. but there are some differences will com up in taste of food which are adjustable. but my DH is not at all ready to accept that difference. for example he needs hotel biryani taste with one tea spoon oil in biryani. he needs chapathi in very very soft manner with out using oil. he needs 7-8 different items per day(2 items for break fast+4 items for lunch + 2 items for dinner) every day through out the week. but he eats 2-3 spoons only of every item. even if he taken lunch/ dinner outside...he should see same menu for his parents. If any thing missed or need to be adjusted with same curry for lunch & dinner...then he felt very much irritated. When i tried to explain reason for him....he wont listen my words & do back fight with loud voice like.."even though i earned good, i am not getting proper food for my stomach. how unlucky i am...you should manage all things. even though we have cook, i am not getting good food so on...".

2. He would feel irritated if his mother or father doing any house hold works for me. because he is in imagination that when they are staying at his brother's house, with support of DH, his wife(my co-sis) is made them to work at home for her childrens & house holds so on....that's why her mother is getting lot of tiredness & father is getting head ache so on... so they should be treated as Queen & king in my house so that...i should manage all things at home at my own. Am i slave to them? cant they family members in my house to share works at home? He dont have time to share things. but he dont like his parents sharing as well....

when i tried to explain his attitude is wrong in this case...he wont listen. bluntly..he do back fight like...it's your responsibility...they did lot of hard work in their life. it's rest time to them. so we shouldn't make them work. Really it is the first reason to hate him allot in recent days.... they did for co-sis but not for me. but that affects my life?

2. He is busy guy with his office work all times & earning good. so he is expecting to more happiest welcome at home like...his wife should welcome him with smily face & fresh mode.

i did as per his wish when i am single & house wife. but now i am also working woman & mother of 1 yr boy. so by evening i am also tired with dull face & busy with feeding work to baby. so running behind baby with food bowl. later need to clean baby & make him ready for sleep. i have in-laws who are diabetic patients. so after baby work, i am hurrying up to dinner preparation for them when there is no cook. My in-laws are vary lazy persons...they always treat themselves as guests. they will go for evening walk & then tired with that. so taking rest in their room. so no help for me in baby work & dinner preparations. so i am not able to spend my time for him. but he couldn't understand that & keeping his face in irritated mood.

3. He dont like to listen my suggestions & don't like to fallow my decisions. he felt himself as a superior of house & i am slave of him. so i should satisfy all his dreams at home & i don't have right to take decisions as per my wish. if any thing happened as per my wish, he will get mood off. if any thing happened in opposite manner especially in his parents case....then he will get angry on me with out thinking of my situation/ reason. when i tried to explain him...it leads to arguments..so that he may slap as well. by that time...i am like...taking divorce with him so that he can know my value in his life. but again i am adjusting myself by comparing him with other worst husbands in society. i am reading other posts hear as well. so just satisfying/ compromising my self by doing comparison with them

any solutions/ tactics to deal with this type of guy?

he dont have any bad habits. he earns good & manage finance food. he dont say NO for any of my costly wish also.but i couldn't manage some of his negative points in him as like above. He gave 10K /month to me for house hold finance. so his thinking like....i should do as per his wish. if i am not able to do...he wont allow me to go for job. once i finished responsibilities of wife role & mother' role at home then only i have right to think of my career & dreams. other wise i shouldn't. ....to make his dreams true..he is ready to spend money on servants also..but i should manage them at last. finally at home..he is like owner & i am like manager to servants. In-laws are queens & kings.

1 person likes this.

2. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

OP,

Some of the things could be your imagination as it will upset him/make him feel irritated? If so, let him be and that is his personality. You cannot make him happy, if he decided to pick on "things" . You are doing your best with a growing toddler. Don't explain any more.

To be honest, your ILs should manage the servants or your DH should give instructions to the maid, directly. The maids will quit regardless of how much you pay, if he is this demanding and then, only he will understand.

Learned to speak up, your work is also important to you.

Take time off to visit your parents/siblings to relax yourself with the the baby few times a month. Then only your DH will understand, managing household with a maid is NOT an easy task. Giving away or spending money will not bring same quality as the personal care of wife. You need to show your importance in his life.

3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Reesha- Even a golden cage is a cage. So no matter how well your husband earns or how much he satisfies your "costly wishes" if he cannot give you basic things like respect and courtesy, is all that money even worth it? Only you can determine that.

You are an educated woman and you know your husband treats you very shabily. Not just that, he actaully slaps you in arguments. You are suffering from physical, verbal and emotional abuse in this marriage. How can you call your husband a man of good character is beyond me. I read you post and saw only bad habits - no reedeeming ones but you say he has no bad habits.

Bad habit - physical, verbal and emotional abuse towards wife and by extention child.
    Bad habit- lack of respect or even common decency towards wife
    Bad habit - irrational anger and false sense of superiority
    Bad habit- no responsibility towards wife,child or home except earning.
    Bad habit- domineering and controlling.

Those are some deal breaking bad habits. In your husband's eyes, nothing you do is worth anything.

I am not sure how to deal with such a guy except to call his bluff and tell him in no uncertain terms that you are not his slave but his equal partner in life. If he wants his parents to be treated as king and queen, he can treat them as such but not to have same expectation from you unless he is treatig your as king and queen too. You need to demand that he participate in responsibilities towards home equally and you are not his puppet to dance to his tune.

If you dont assert yourself, you will have no choice but to continue with status quo.

8 people like this.
  4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I think he has the right to get tasty food..no matter what you to do...try to grant this wish..it might make things better..typical Indian mentality.

My H is like that..he is a foodie and likes good food...
    the day when the food is tasteless, he goes into a bad state..as he doesn't want to point out...but the frustration comes in another format..

5. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

If you want to have tasty food you can go to the kitchen and prepare the food to your liking. Or instruct the cook how to prepare. Throwing tantrums because you are too lazy and spoiled is not right.

(Btw, do not run after the baby to feed her/him. Have the child sit down with you for the meals)

7 people like this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Reesha,

for your second point,
    Tell ur in-laws that ur hubby thinks I am telling u to do things, but for u also it is tough right, sitting for hours/watching TV, u also want to do your grandson chores etc and make them to tell something similar to below to ur husband.

Don't your in-laws tell your husband that
    "they are getting bored without doing anything, so helping some household chores, at least they can say they need exercise, without doing anything and sitting for hours is not good for them at this age, it is more harm than good, as long as they keep them busy, their bodies will be without disease. For diabetics it is more necessary, moving around is good".

For third point,
    Assign baby job one day for him, and you go somewhere whole day time and let them manage the baby without maid also. Then ur hubby should know what it takes to take care of a toddler and parallelly doing household chores and cooking. And u after coming ask ur hubby to entertain you (like take u somewhere like movie, or take u to dinner, anyway baby sleeping give baby to in-laws), tell today I want to enjoy. select the day like ur b'day , so he will be like What ? then he may understand what u go though everyday.

For other points, If they want to be kind/queen/owner let them be. But you also queen and mother too, so Raj matha, something more than them. You feel like that from inside then it will show outside too. Please don't feel ur self as servant, as you are not.

For first point, I want to write it last,

Do some research on healthy meals, like biryani with one spoon oil. You can use oven (not micro oven) and do that.
    Like soft pulkas how to do, may be roll all pulkas in soft cloth and in hot box like that.

Looks like he is health conscious, so keep few minutes time and read something online everyday and implement. Tell your cook to do some healthy ladoos like dry fruit ladoo and some kurmura etc and store them in dabaas. He will be happy. as it is tasty and healthy too. Every week something new.

At the end, with toddler it is going be more tougher, around 18 months it is going be crazy. So let ur husband involve in ur baby's activities. I have 2 year old super active son.

7. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I am sorry but in no way i feel your hubby has any good quality.Just because he is earning and you are not doesnt make you his slave.I cant imagine how you are managing everything when you have no help literally.The work has to be divided like if you are making breakfast your inlaws can help with other sil with lunch ,and then you can manage the dinner.Ur husband seems to take you for granted while he has great respect for his parents and bro/sil.You have got married to him ,and in marriage both are equal.No way is your hubby superior to you just because he is working.
    You need to step up and say no bluntly.If they are so shameless in not offering help,you should ask for help.Do this in a very tactical way.Complain of not being well and spend few days on bed with the baby in your bedroom.Let them learn the hard way.Dont do anything at all.When they get hungry they will have to move their butt into the kitchen.Before this ensure you do have enuf for you and the baby.Probably since the baby is old enuf,you can try babystuff like cerelac ,this wouldnt take time to prepare.For yourself make some masala puris or chapatis enuf to survive for 2-3 days.
    Next thing what you need to do is,since i am sure they wouldnt bother to cook for you,say to your husband that you were unwell and no one bought you any food,so you are going to your parents place so that they can take care of you.Ensure you stay at your parents place at least for a week.Let these selfish people learn a good lesson.I know all these are pretty manipulative steps,but trust me such people will learn only then.
    Good luck ahead!!!

8. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Tell your husband, "Its a home, not a hotel where people pay and gets tasty food in front/ them". Each family member needs to contribute to the household.

9. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

But OP's H is giving her all the liberty to either cook or hire a maid and even ready to pay for maid...still if he doesn't get good food..he will def get frustrated.
    In some houses, it is better if H doesn't enter the kitchen when in-laws as there, as it might take away the peace that the wife has due to constant nagging from them.

10. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

What a generous husband! Giving the liberty to his wife to either cook or have the cook do it. Husband of the year?

1 person likes this.