1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My life is a BIG question mark?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by goldengirl826, Apr 20, 2015.

1. goldengirl826

goldengirl826 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Have you ever felt that, you should not have got married your husband. Could have waited some more time to find a better person.
    Actually sometimes, i think that way. I got married when in was 23 years. In a way even i told my parents, i would like to get married soon and said i would like to be a housewife. Anyway found a match and tied the know. they are one step ahead of us in financial way and my H gets around a 1 lakh.
    However i feel i could have got married to someone else who earns around 50-60k per month. I could have turned 26 and then searched for better matches.

2. ChillySnow

ChillySnow New IL'ite

Unless he keeps you happy, age is not considered..
    Are you facing any problems with him..

1 person likes this.
  3. goldengirl826

Sometimes..i do feel unhappy.
    no kids, seems like i have to be in joint family, sometimes my H does not give any moral support, my parents do not mingle with him and he as well

4. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Why are you thinking like that?
    Are you not happy with your husband?
    It's nice that your husband earns 1 Lakh salary. It will be good for you and your children.
    You know, I'm saying from reading different posts from this website that it is nice to get married early. So that you both can spend more time together. Now I don't know how is that different by getting married late. But I think you'll know what it is.

2 people like this.
  5. goldengirl826

yep, he earns a lakh. but we don't even an AC and expects my parents to get it. TTC for 3 years. We did 3 cycles of clomid and he says we have spent so much and yet there is no positive result. He thinks spending for me is such a big job.

6. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Why can't he buy an AC from his own pockets?
    Doesn't he like to loosen up his pocket from time to time?
    And why does he earn so much? For his wife na. Then why shouldn't he spent it on her?
    See, I think you've taken a very good decision on getting married early. Because now you're TTC and you've got lot of time with you to keep trying. You know na, that after the age if 35 the chances of conceiving gets very dim. So, in that way you're good.
    Hows your relation with your DH otherwise or let's say overall?

2 people like this.
  7. goldengirl826

Its so so. He says he loves me a lot...
    I have this love-hate relationship. some of his actions, words and his way of thinking, his opinion about my parents, his mindset that girls have to bring everything from her maternal house makes me hate him
    When the mood is right, he gets lovey dovey and brings flowers, sweet, takes me to posh restaurant, we chill out

1 person likes this.
  8. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

You know one of my friend were having an argument over this issue. One was supporting this dowry system and my friend was in opposition. My friend said these line, ' When a husband expects his wife's parents to give him motorcycle, cars, expensive watches, etc. It simply means that he himself is incapable of buying these things on his own. It actually means that he is not man enough to get it on his own by putting some efforts into his work. This is very much equivalent to begging, but done with arrogance'.
    You can ask your husband to bring it by himself or go and beg your parents. Let him choose then.

1 person likes this.
  9. goldengirl826

Exactly Rohanj, i have to use the word "BEGGING". My H community discuss openly about it

1 person likes this.
  10. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

Marriage is like a lottery. Most of the time you never win the prize. Only a very few win the prize. Marriage is also same. Only a very few find their ''perfect'' match.

3 people like this.