1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband forgets my papa's bday

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shivani1, Apr 2, 2015.

1. shivani1

shivani1 Senior IL'ite

Yest was my father's bday.. Husband did not wish him.. im feeling bad for papa and angry on hubby..

When it was his mother's bday,i was @ my parents house .he called me and said "don't forget its her bday. You have to wish her "..

and now he did not wish papa, i want to quarrel with him..
    are all husband like this? Hubby does not respect my family,despite of everything my parents do for him... i feel very bad...

1 person likes this.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Next time you call your dad, give the phone to your husband and ask him to wish, just like he asked you to.

5 people like this.
  3. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Probably he forgot.Just remind him next time or else hand over the phone after you wish your family members.

4. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

Husbands forget even anniversaries, wife and kids birthday and remembering FIL's birthday is a very distant dream. Even if we remind them earlier also there is no use. just like what @ Harini & @ butterfly ice suggested while you call to wish ur parents or relatives just hand him over the phone and ask him to wish. This is the only solution.

4 people like this.
  5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Did he FORGET the birthday - then you could have reminded him
    Did he say - I wont call - then you could have called dad and just handed the phone to him
    Did he say - I wont wish - then tell your dad - DH is also wishing you, he is busy in bath/breakfast ! And next time onwards you DONT wish your MIL/FIL

But how do you deduce that your DH doesnt respect your parents ? Then the problem is deeper - he doesnt have respect, therefore he is not wishing ! Then dont make this the main issue, address the main issue first!!

Most people dont give a big deal to birthdays - it is just another excuse to establish contact !

If he doesnt respond, just remind him, but if he is actively against wishing on birthdays, you can also take cue from his behavior :)

9 people like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My husband forgets my birthday and his birthday too. I need to remind him all the time about our birthdays and the plans.. of course, the gift expectations. So, needless to say he forgets my parents/siblings and friends' birthdays.

This happens in many families, specially if they are not used to celebrate birthdays as big events at their homes in the past.

Don't make it as a big issue... The next time on wards, remind him to wish your dad, and it would work better if you could ring your dad's phone, wish him first and then hand-over the phone to your husband, so that he will wish him anyway.

If he does not respect your parents, then the problem is different. Birthdays are not the right place to deal with such a deep rooted problems, so please try to dig for the reason behind it.

7. ChillySnow

ChillySnow New IL'ite

May be he might have forgot it in his work tension.
    You should have remained him..

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Birthdays are not a scale for respecting a person or not. It is not an issue at all. As others said give phone to your husband after you wish your father and then he also would wish. Many men do not remember birthdays, anniversaries etc. Same in my family. We just laugh it away. Gift giving is also not a big issue according to me.
    Syamala

9. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

My DH also has trouble remembering Birthdays/ Anniversary of my parents or siblings. That is Ok.
    I usually tell him the day before or when i call them give him the phone to wish. And even if he doesn't wish, it doesn't affect me. Neither does my family make any issue out of it. Becuz ,I remember telling my parents that my DH is busy or even teased that he only remembers office and nothing else..
    But I call his parents and siblings for all their special days. Even if I don't call, they don't make any issues.. I call and tell Belated wishes. :)
    Maybe you can tell your DH to call and wish your dad belated b'day.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@shivani1:
    Tell your husband that it was your father's birthday and ask him to convey his belated wishes to your father.

If he refuses to do so, it could indicate a disrespectful behavior towards you/your family. Do not feel bad and do not start any argument about this with your husband.

2 people like this.