1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I cant get over my last love

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ramyanu22, Mar 27, 2015.

1. ramyanu22

ramyanu22 New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been married for 7 yrs now. My husband is a loving person. He cares for me, he gets me gifts and gives me small surprising presents when ever he can. He has always been there when i was upset; nagging me to find out the reason behind my sorrow. He had many love affairs before marriage. Though i was not aware of it at the time of our marriage, he revealed the truth to me later.
    It all went on smoothly till last month when he came to me all of a sudden and said he is not able to forget his last love and he is still cherishing her memories and wish to meet her atleast once.
    That is when i was completely shattered. I forced smile on my face that day, but since then i have not been able to move on. I love my husband but i dont think i can live with him especially when i know he loves some one else. What am i to do?

1 person likes this.

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

It is tough one to accept, when our husband had space in his heart for another Girl! But you need to be patient this time. Keep calm. Don't argue or don't shout him regarding this!

Just show him you are not happy. Just avoid his gifts, just avoid to talk with him more, Just show him that you are not happy like before!

Reduce your makeup, wearing good clothes, Just try to avoid outings in initial and show you hesitate to go with him!

This will made questions in his heart! Why she behave like this, why she is not happy? Etc.,

If he talk with you regarding this, don't talk with him about open. Your answer only is Crying!

Definitely he will understood!

Don't worry! When you show him that you are not happy, he will analyze his mistake!

3. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Another one with pre marital effects. Well, I suggest you to sit with him and have a talk. Ask him clearly, what does he want, what are his expectations. Tell him with crystal clarity that whatever he's doing is hurting you emotionally, and if this continues may end up affect your relationship. And that's bad. Tell him your expectations and ask him to start working on it after you've discussed with him. Tell help of a marriage counsels if possible. You didn't ask him about this before marriage?

4. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

OP,He mentioned he wants to meet that person once. not that he loves her still.

There are some memories which stay in heart from one's past. WE sometimes remember them and rejoice or cherish them. As long as we dont cross boundary nothing wrong in that. Its human. Some incidences happen in a way where we are forced to remember similar ones from past.

I admire your husband for being frank with you on it. I have seen people who cheat on their wives and do not repend also. he is telling you his wish but has not done it keeping you in dark.

If you trust him fully allow him to meet once but its a gamble. not sure abt the other person. If that girl also is happy in her current life, they might discuss on those memories, find both have moved on and are happy and leave it there. But it all depends on other party too.

If you are not comformtable, tell him that you did not like what he said and he should not meet. I believe you share a very good relation with your husband so you can communicate the same.

dont ever think he loves her and not you. he never said so as per your post.wanting to meet a person from past may have different indications- to find whats going in their lives, talk abt life after they departed etc.

1 person likes this.
  5. Saya83

Saya83 Silver IL'ite

@ramyanu22 - Hi dear. I can understand it is never easy to accept that your husband loves someone else. We are so possessive that we are not even ready to share our husband with our MIL or SIL. Then in this case its his last love, ie is totally unacceptable. Bit if we lose our patience and control here it will do only harm to us. Have patience and faith in Gog.

I admire your husband for his frankness. But again I am worried, if he is so open, what does he actually mean? Is she married?

My sincere advice would be to sit with him and talk to him. No fighting, no crying. First just listen to him, let him open his heart in front of you. For sometime, forget that he is your husband, and become his best friend and share his feelings. After an open discussion as friends, you will get a better understand about his situation and his feelings. And then take your decision as wife. you can then fight, shout, argue and make sure you sort out the things then and there before its too late.

Don't keep it in your heart for long, else it will get sored and will become difficult to heal.

6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Very tricky situation.

Just remain calm. He has felt close to you and has revealed his innermost feelings.
    If you make a hue and cry about it, he may be scared to share anything with you in future.
    Just react the way you would if he was your friend. You can divert him by teasing, that she may not even be thinking about him whereas he is still ogling about her.. If you are going to react by ignoring his love for you, he may long more for his ex. So take it as a normal conversation.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@ramyanu22:
    Very sorry to hear about this.

Try and have a very open discussion about this to him. (Along with him), you also have invested 7 years in your marriage. If he gets to speak about his feelings for some ex, you also can speak about your feelings for him. Since you said that he is a loving person, I believe he will understand your feelings too.

Tell him about how confused you are and ask about his expectations. (If he still wants to meet her, you have to make a call on what to do here - sorry I am out of ideas in this area)

If discussing/talking doesn't work, try taking small breaks if possible (I am not saying separation here). May be go out with your friends on weekends, pursue some of your hobbies/interests etc so you will have some time apart from your husband. This way you both can get some emotional space and better perspective on the problem and work on it as time goes.

3 people like this.
  8. ramyanu22

ramyanu22 New IL'ite

Well... since then all that i could think of doing is to get in touch with that girl. i got to know that she is married and has a child. Nothing more than that. I am still trying to contact her. I want my husband to meet her and then decide if he still wants to continue life with me or not. Because i don't want both of us to waste our life fooling each other. I have decided to give him the choice. I don't know if i am right.

9. ramyanu22

ramyanu22 New IL'ite

I appreciate him for being so open to me. It is true i was not able to withstand that shock. We did have fights but never felt he still had another lady in his life. However, that moment when he disclosed what he felt i could not fight with him. I could not react. I dint know how to react to it. All that i could do was cry when alone.

10. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I think you are overreacting here. You are only thinking about yourself..

What about that girl ? You said she is married and has a kid. Wouldn't your husband's meeting with her cause trouble in her life ? What would she introduce him as.. to her husband.. ? What if she has forgotten him and gone ahead with her life? Would it not be instigating her feelings too.?
    I don't appreciate this approach. It is dramatic and will cause trouble to another woman.

6 people like this.