1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to deal with stupid H?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sanjuruby3, Mar 21, 2015.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all
    My H is making me go crazy these days and I really want to slap him. So virtual slap here online.:bang

I take care of baby, her feeding, other things & he mostly cleans up house. He does help in baby work also... I really appreciate he does that. But some times he is plain STUPID..most of the times.

I use powder and in hurry sometimes it is lying(while application) here & there. 9pm at night, baby is extremely tired, cranky because of teething, he is holding her trying to sleep her, he looks at powder patch on bedroom floor, picks up powder bottle, sprays all over the room ( like holi colors) in anger. I told him to take away baby ...she will inhale it. Then he realized & tried to sleep her in cold hall room for sometime, ..powder settled bit from air,.. then put her in far corner of bedroom..but still could feel it... then he is opening windows.... Then he is arguing and tell me I am arguing and not listening.

I try to teach her self feed so I hand her foods or put on her food tray & obviously..she will mash, play, dirty herself & throw on carpet & floors. Once I did not get time to pick up yet. He saw, got angry...emptied other food items on floor & carpets.

When she was newborn, he would not let me keep her diaper free for a minute..Then he argues why I overfeed her. So many times we found out we feeding her less because he will scold me.

He has all those sinus etc issues. He wears less clothes, keeps room temp & car temp at max - 80 or plus. I argue for baby sake.. no. Then I ask other every other person/friend, even ped to assure my H. He tells me we are indian...you are fat so you feel hot.:twisted: Pushes all my buttons.

I tell him lets not do this/that..we do want to get fully exhausted in the evening as we have to take care of her, feed her at night. He will say I will take care of everything. Then night comes.. he sleeps. Ah.... he would cook in kitchen for continuos 6 hrs..why bcz some bug bit his brain, he wants to eat something, cook something.. I will beg to order or not cook, & exhaust. Baby is not 1 person's job. But no..

He sleeps and wakes up with ALL the gadgets around. Tab, smartphones, his phones, earphones, I find in bedsheets, under pillows. I see him watching stuff before bed, I wake up for bathroom he is on screens, I wake up I see him staring at screens, goes toilet with screens, takes baby to toilet(potty seat) with screens. Then he tells me he does not get sleep. Why should I complain..I sleep 8 hrs. I wake up & before even going to restroom I start planning or doing baby care/other activities.

He thinks he is very cool & tries to impress every new person. Then he ACTUALLY tells me they might think H is a nicer, cool person but not wife. He tried to impress my young nurse at ob/gyn who used to come for weight check by making fun of my increasing weight everytime. .. In front of his parents, he is COW. I hate him.... I want to tell them ...take him back. In front of my parents, he argues, he actually hugs me...:rant. O wait.. in front of others, he acts like hen pecked husband. People think I wear the pants in house. he is slave. In front of my nanny every morning,he asks ....do I want to eat this ...or that? Huh...Like he is real worried about me.

Did not even bring cake on anniv or bday. Many yrs ago, I use to drive 4 hrs back & forth every week- 10/11pm & 5/6pm. He would not call to ask if i reached fine. Our family/friends make fun of us ...stupid jokes about wife dominating. No one knows the sufferings he has given me in the past.( lies & lies).. I never mention anything to his parents or mine.

After baby, everything has changed. I tell him doing unnecessary stuff means less attention to baby.

What do I do? I know no one is perfect.....no marriage is ..hunh...Venting......
    I do not want to be the one to control him but his stupid acts have done enough damage. I do not want to start on many of his life changing stupidities. Atlas my stupidness did damage only my life.

1 person likes this.

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Bring him to any counselor. Everything fine!

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, We are all there. Not all husbands are great and very accommodating. THey can push our buttons everyday and every moment some times. With a kid you feel like taking a swing at husbands too sometimes. Yes, That's right it happens.All you need to do it is try to spend as much time with the baby and not depend on hubby's for help.All I ask my hubby is can you change the diaper , that's it. It becomes easier with them doing less.

First of all do you see warnings on tv against using powder on baby . It causes some pretty damaging things they say. Try not to use it. Also keep a box with baby things like creams, powders, bibs, wipes and diapers near places where the baby plays and sleeps. In another box clothes to change for messes.The only time I ask my husband to take care of baby is when I am kitchen or in bathroom or doing laundry.

With one on one interaction with hubby lay down some rules like if you are in bathroom and baby is active he/she needs to be played with. Otherwise if its feeding time , tell him exactly how to soothe until u are back. I have a particular way of feeding baby , the baby prefers it that way too. If my hubby tries to, he will take 2-3 spoonfuls and later loose interest, becoz he doesn't like the method. If the baby is sleepy ask your hubby to try to put the baby to sleep.

I know you are exhausted with baby work whole day. There is light at the end of tunnel. Get the baby to play around in the play area while u keep an eye from the sofa or recliner nearby. I do that and the baby loves it. When the baby needs me , he runs to me himself.Get a novel and read a few pages in those times. Try to cook before baby wakes up in the morning. I do the same. When he wakes up he is ready to shower and have his bf and its ready for him. That's starts our day. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

OP, i think your husband is immature. So I think you should become the man in this marriage and drive things. Give him exact instructions, what to do, how to do etc. Just tell him, if he creates a mess, he needs to clean it up (powder, food, etc). 80 degrees is too high and can cause dryness and would be a problem for the baby as well. Do you have humidifier? Else, get a personal heater for him. Costco has nice one. So you can have the room temperature to 68 or 70 and if he needs more heat, he can use the personal heater. Get some help for cleaning at least once a week.

Other issues (anniversary, bday, not calling, etc) just ignore it or tell him upfront what you would like him to do for you on that day. Just instruct him everything.

my DH is forgetful, if we don't have salt and if i send him to get salt and then of course a few other grocery items, he would get all the other stuff and some extra stuff and forget to get the salt. Also, he never looks at the price. Whatever he looks and likes, he just gets it. So now, i tell him that I will text you the items. I tell him exact things what color is the package, where it might be located, count of tomatoes, onions, etc. Now with the list, he his happy as he doesn't have to think and i am happy that i get all what i need. So sometimes, we have to drive these guys.

sindmani, DreamWorld and yesican like this.
  5. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

There is nothing to worry about. Some men r pathetic at the biggining.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@sanjuruby3:
    Is your husband getting angry/annoyed about messy stuff only after your baby's birth or was he this way from the time you knew him? When there is a baby there will always be a mess. Parents should first accept this fact. Setting a routine should help here. Explain to him in a soft tone that if there is some mess, either he can clean the mess up (since you mentioned that he helps in cleaning) instead of just getting angry, or that you will clean up later when you get time. If he is not the type to ignore powder patches/ spilled food for few minutes, tell him in advance that these things will keep happening till your baby grows up.

@sanjuruby3:
    Does he exercise? Do you think he will listen to you if you ask him to workout? Sinus problems can be controlled by regular workout and proper diet. Plus it might help in reducing his crankiness/anger as such.
    Try and do those things you think you can manage by yourself without expecting his help. That way you can reduce the arguments and comments from him.

@sanjuruby3:
    Very sorry to hear about your husband's attitude towards you. If you have been quietly taking this attitude for a long time, its time to speak up now. Anything he says about you, if you feel is bringing you down or insulting to you, just ask him to stop. In case you have friends who can help (or parents/ILs), involve them and explain your situation.

sindmani and nb25 like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

First of all, those demeaning things he says about you are what bother me. I really think that everytime he start says something like that, you should firmly tell him, "it is not funny. Back off." In front of other people too. Say it in a calm voice and with eye contact. Then repeat the same line or "it is rude. Back off." Then be normal.

About his anger, and stupid actions because of that, tell him clearly that he has no business losing it like this when he ought to be role model for your child. If he has trouble with self-control, he can attend courses for that - CBT or anger management. Repeatedly. Wear him out by being firm with him everytime. No argument. Just state it and walk away. Or alternately, announce that you are going to book him in for an anger management course and do it.

as a parent he needs to give his child space to explore. Otherwise it is not a healthy environment for the child. Constantly remind him of that. Tell him if there is a mess he MUST clean it up. NOT add to it. Can he please be the adult here?

look dear, from what you say, he sounds too flaky; you need to take charge. If he acts like you are the one in control, great. Be the one in control. If he jokes about it, say proudly, "someone has to wear the pants in the family." Or at least I can get things done to a high standard. Be the one who is in charge and flaunt it proudly.

About screen time, have a "talk" with him. Tell him he needs some self control; there is a lot of stuff on the Internet; he is not about to catch up with it all without sleeping and browsing all the time. He needs to ensure he gets his sleep. If he doesn't, don't cover for him. Delegate non baby related jobs to him and follow up. He ought to get the point

2 people like this.
  8. sanjuruby3

Thanks guys. I am okay now.

On that depression trip, all bad incidents kept rotating in my mind & I wrote a thesis of a post. Sorry about that. I feel better now.

He is a clean freak. He routinely cleans the house and thinks I am the one who creates most mess... Well I might be but house can not be kept clean with baby and other work.

He is immature in many many things. When I tell him to "shut up" or "back off" in front of people, because he comments, others starts commenting. She is the "man of house" or "controller" .. Even though its not true. Its all because he is stupid & vulnerable.

I know need to take more control.

He has no shame, he does not get it. I have fought back, cried...shouted,...screamed. He will not say anything to any other person.... he is such a sissy.People say he is so nice. But he constantly hurts me..

Its totally out of my nature..to comment on someone's physical appearance, but because he kept pushing my buttons, as a answer to his, I commented on his loving niece to hurt him, stop him. I said... Will you tell her that she is XXXX? why me? You will not use that XXXX even in conversations with me?
    For that minute he got angry & serious ..but did he improve...? In hindi we say...kutte ki poonch.

Last night he said, you should buy from curtain's section. Really....
    He has all the uglineses & problems a guy can have. His family is not that pretty either.
    I have commented on each of his feature to hurt him, his hair...his other problems... to stop him, to make him feel that I get hurt too. But did he improve..? He has brought out worst in me.

He keeps telling to have another baby But I do not want to look at him. When he comments, he literally burns me from inside. I can not tell how much I slap him in my thoughts & dreams.:bangcomp:

9. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@sanjuruby3,
    I think all men are same. I am also in the same boat, with baby and DH irritating with small/silly things. I am not sure if we can really change them, as you said "[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]kutte ki poonch". My dad used to say, if try to straighten a dogs tail with pipe, the pipe bends but to dogs tail. [/FONT]:rotfl[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
    This applys best to them i guees. My advice would be do what you can and don't beat your self. If you can try to train your DD rather than fight with DH.
    [/FONT]

10. sanjuruby3

Thanks @Viki123. You know I do not fight him these days. I am never left with that much energy. I mostly listen. When its too much - like powder incident, I exchange few lines, then I go to different room, curse &forget after sometime...I think whatever.. as long as he is helping me in raising my daughter.. I can live with him.;-)

when he just does not stop, I fire back. Yesterday I could have fought him, when in shops..he said, shop in curtain section. I want to tell him, lets buy for your mom..My H is extra special. I am sure.. special in terms of stupidity and immaturity.

I hate hearing words from his mom.. My boy is best of all brothers...everyone says that...blah blah. :bang