1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

totally lost in a rough marriage...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vidyagayatri1, Mar 6, 2015.

1. vidyagayatri1

vidyagayatri1 New IL'ite

hi ladies,
    i have like tons of problems over my head and cant figure out what to do or how to react to what im being through. i would like to start by explaining my problems from the very beginning. please suggest me what is best for me.

i am a 24 year old. i am the only daughter to my parents. my dad works in ISRO as a scientist. and ours is a pretty upper middle class sort of family.i got married 2 years ago. ie on feb 2013 i got married to this guy who is a govt employee. it was an arranged marriage. we r from very different backgrounds. he is brought up in towns/villages and i was in Bangalore all my life.BUT his dad had constant transfers and he has traveled quite a lot.

everything was fine till marriage. on the first night of our marriage he abused me verbally. i was shocked but taught that may be its casual slang.then my mom-in-law started complaining about the marriage. she said that the flowers were not sprinkled properly on them and we did not book enough taxis and all.i didnot bother much. then i went to kolkata on 8th march 2013 and my husband says why did ur parents send u so fast? couldn't they wait for a few more days? i didn't understand what was going on. infact i taught he would be waiting for me in kolkata.

gradually he started abusing me verbally pretty often. and we had a very bad intimacy between us. he dosent like talking much to me, dosent like clicking pics wid me etc etc. he said it is because of he being brought up in town.even sex was like once a week to once or twice a month. then he says if u want a maid, u pay for it, u pay for ur exams etc etc i am a home maker so i used to take money from my dad and pay. gradually it increased to this extent that he expects me to pay for internet, maid, my laundry(iron) and any personal expenditure.

my parents have given us everything in my house tv, hometheatre, fridge, bed, kitchen utensils, vehicle curtains, bedsheets , door mats LITERALLY everything.
    i dont want to take more from my parents. my mom-in-law says i have come empty handed and taunts for the way i dress, the way i eat, the way i cook everything. and he also scolds me in foul language in front of his parents. they say he scolds but he dosent know the meaning. My dad was in the hospital due to wrong drugs prescribed to him and he was in a very serious condition still my husband didn't bother to go and see him. i was tired and fed up so i told everyone left home and went to my moms. he or his family dint stop me or dint bother to call me. even my sister in law and inlaws were in kolkata at that time.

i was there for 8 months in hyderabad and bangalore. he used to not call or anything. after meetings of both parties for a couple of times i decided to give a second chance inspite of my family telling me to take divorce.

now i came back to kolkata in october. since then he says dont come out of the house in nighty, i dont want other men to see you, he checks my phone, my facebook, why is he texting you why are you talking to the neighbours(women) still abuses and recently he abused my mom also and even lifted his hand on me.
    o dont know what to do even now from the past one month my dad is in vellore CMC hospital. i totally dont know what to do.
    please help me.

songbird46 likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Your family supports you. Do not give any more chances. They are psychopaths who mistake your niceness for weakness. Leave him without wasting another minute. And oh yeah! On the way out, file a 498a for the abuse they put you through.

16 people like this.
  3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

He doesn't deserve any more chance. You are young and your family supports you. Why suffer in this marriage when he hasn't even changed a bit?

2 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You are just 24 op....don't waste a day more on this jerk.
    File for divorce.If you feel you have suffered...file a case of domestic violence.Get all your things that your father gave at the time of marriage back...it is your streedhan.Take care of your father rather than staying with such a loser.

16 people like this.
  5. vidyagayatri1

vidyagayatri1 New IL'ite

Thank you people for responding this fast. i cant tell u howmuch better im feeling now. I'm planning to go back to Bangalore. Yesterday H came home drunk and when I asked him why he said its his house and his wish about how he comes and goes. He is behaving as tough I don't exist in his world doesn't respond to anything or dosent talk. I even tried to tell him that anyways I will go away as soon as I get tickets . till then at least be normal but he dosent respond. I'm feeling emotionally weak. What do I do?

6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Vidya,

This is the time you need to be strong. Just be patient. Think what all you need to do before you leave. You should definitely leave this jerk. Take all your stuffs.
    You have no future with this guy and no point struggling to make him understand.
    Don't get emotionally attached to him.. No point. Don't try to get his attention or response until you are there. You are only going to hurt yourself more .

8 people like this.
  7. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

It will all only get worse and worse. Take your parents help and escape... Let people know about this psyco.

1 person likes this.
  8. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

I am sorry that you are going through this, that too when your father is sick. It must make things all the more confusing. Forget about your husband for now. Go visit your father, and be there for your family. Don't tell husband that you are leaving him for good now. Say that you are going to visit your sick father. Don't discuss much about your marital problems with them now. You can vent to a trusted friend, or come here to vent.

Collect your important documents, and keep them at your parents' home. If you have any jewellery there, take it with you, or keep in a locker in your name. Make sure husband can not touch it. Same goes for your money.

Once your father gets well, you can leave your husband. Do take every thing your parents gave you.

I don't know if you are working, or not. If you are not, please start a course / get some training that will help you get a job. Work towards being financially independent.

Wish your father a very speedy recovery. Take care, OP.

9 people like this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Leave.Right. Now.
    Pack your valuables, walk out and stay in a hotel if you have to. Ask your parents to help you, but do not waste another moment on these people. And this is a most deserving situation for filing a 498a case.
    Wish you all the best. Stay strong and remember you have your whole life ahead of you.

7 people like this.
  10. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Collect any evidences that you need to before leaving the house..

He needs to strongly feel the need to stay with you...else there is no point sacrificing things for him...esp when it comes to your father's condition.
    You will regret in the future if you are not with your dad at this point...after all, you are the only daughter..
    Stay strong..

4 people like this.