1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am feeling very afraid

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shivani1, Mar 4, 2015.

1. shivani1

shivani1 Senior IL'ite

i am feeling very afraid.. Me and my hubby married on 2013 jan..
    The thing is that,i have a bachelor's degree in engineering but i stood in Second Class. Few days before my hubby asked me about my class,i told him 1st class.. i was so scared..

If my hubby get to know about this,he will be mad at me. I dont know what to do..

Soon the EAd thing will go on,and i have to apply for jobs.. In the resume i have to write my Second class degree..
    oh my god,what should i do??
    i have a year old child.. Will he divorce me??
    pls help me girls...
    I did not have any chance to tell my percentage before marriage.. We met on 1st july,and got engaged on 5th july.. After that there was no discussion abt my percentage..im so scared.. i can't do any things..

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Take a deep breath. I'm sure no decent person will divorce you for getting second class. If you think your husband will make it an issue later, better tell him now. This is not something you can change so no point hiding it.
    Do you have prior work experience? If so mark doesn't matter in majority of companies. I don't even mention about my class in resume and in recent days I have seen no one mentions their mark details.
    Brush up your soft skills you will land in better job soon.

3 people like this.
  3. shivani1

shivani1 Senior IL'ite

I don't have any work experience.. I just want to hide this thing from my hubby.. May be bcz i know his nature... He hates liers..

4. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Dear better clear it up now rather he finds it out later. Because someday he will know it, so better tell him now. Just say oh sorry the other day i mistakenly told you the wrong division of my degree just tell him you were bit shy to tell him.Do not be so afraid and insecure of him leaving you, I'm sure he needs you as much as you do. Marriage is not just about getting a job and earn money and give it to your spouse. it's a lot about trust. Have courage and tell him. Beleive in yourself.

3 people like this.
  5. bappanaduSose

bappanaduSose Bronze IL'ite

yup..You better tell him now when he is in a better mood.I have till now after many years of marriage,never seen my husband's marks in Engg.He sometimes says 75,and then jokes and says 60 and sometimes even more.I had a better aggregate in my Engg,so he is not ready to show his marks card.

Try to be cool.And dont look scared when talking abt this.Tell him in a sweet way that u told something wrong to him and hope he doesnt get angry abt it.

Thats it!Problem solved!

6. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Chill out Girly. . .Just tell him, that you don't want to hide this from him. . .and add that you felt shy, telling that you have a second class. I bet. . .he will understand. . .

Luv
    Sharmila

2 people like this.
  7. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

He hates liars?... Why did you lie then?... Dont worry people dont divorce on the grade or class. Just tell him the truth once in for all... and be happy :)

1 person likes this.
  8. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

The more you delay telling him the truth, the more he is going to be irritated. Just walk up to him and tell him in a soft manner "Honey, I lied about something to you and I am really sorry about it. But I want to tell you the truth now". And just tell him the truth. Its not like he asked for your marklists before your wedding. Its not a big deal and the sooner you tell him, the better it is for you.

3 people like this.
  9. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

Yes i too agree with others..you should reveal the truth ..but don't panic for that ..any human will not be 100% true to anyone. its in your hands how casually you are gonna handle this. never show any serious feeling or reaction in face. my suggestion is don't tell that said lies etc..casually u say..i am gonna apply for job but is it ok nowadays if we have second class in degree?..then he will ask you about what u told.. then u tell..oh is it..did i said so.. i might have told about 10th class or which ever u got first class... ok.
    Tell us after u handled. but whatever its ..its not a big mistake. dont postpone this .do it as fast as u can when u both are in good mood.
    TC.

10. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

If you are in the US and you are applying for a job, i dont think anyone would ask how much you got. I am not sure of this. From experience no one asked me what i got.

But, the better thing to do is to come clean. It is not a big deal.

2 people like this.