1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of getting Pregnant

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pretzel, Feb 28, 2015.

1. pretzel

pretzel New IL'ite

I created this id to understand / solve my personal issues .

My DD is 5+ yrs . Not sure if we will go for another kid . So I will not have the option of sterilization forever .

Birth Control Pills - Weight Issue
    Copper T , Mirena Coil - Side Effects .

I have a proper period cycle , no PMS , no cramps , smooth periods . I dont want to mess up this with any pills .

I keep reading birth control methods on net .

All these days , I did not focus much on physical intimacy . Life kept us busy , we had a kid in 9th month after marriagee. And job, daycare and days went .
    All these days , DH would involve in foreplay , and without the actual penetration . He is 34 yrs now .

It took 5 yrs for me understand physical intimacy is an integral part of married life .

Now we started using C's . Note down safe period in my cycle . How am I going to handle this forever ? fear of getting pregnant every month ?

DH is an extremely nice guy. He never complained . I want to keep him happy forever .

Moms with single kid , How do u handle this ?

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

There may be sideffects from the IUDs and pills but not for everyone. Been having myself hormonal IUD and never had any issues. And the best thing is of course (in addition that it is the most effective birth control method) that you do not have periods anymore.

3. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

couple of my friends had problem getting pregnant second time after using IUD

4. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

I am on a non-hormonal IUD since 5 years with no side effects. Before my son was born I was on BC pills for 2 years, again no side effects. Please do not assume that all birth control methods have side effects. My suggestion would be to visit a good gynaec who would advise you after a thorough check up and knowledge of family history.

5. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I can totally relate to your problem. My DS is 9 and hubby and I have decided that we don't want more children due to many reasons. One of them being having few miscarriages. I conceived after having my DS and they were unplanned.

My DH and I were very careful with my fertile days. We don't have physical intimacy on these days as I conceived on my fertile days despite using condom. Yes, the condom broke and we didn't realise it. So condoms are not guaranteed protection!! even the reputable brand!!

I developed fear of conceiving . I fear the condom may tear and I would end up pregnant again. I have done a lot research on contraceptive pills and most of are with side effects. IUD's are less problematic but it has effects on you period cycle. My close friend had bad womb infection because of IUD.

Despite all this problem, I went for consultation with my gynae who prescribed rigevidon. He said it has less side effects and safe . As usual I did my research and I was shocked when a 26 year old women had stroke after starting the contraceptive. Apparently she had high cholesterol and rigevidon caused her BP to spike. That caused the stroke. I suffered cholesterol problem before and have a family member who had stroke. I never took the contraceptive.

Physical intimacy causes so much worry to us that we almost refrain from it. Nothing is safe, condoms , contraceptives .....I worry if my period is late , I worry if I have pms similar to pregnancy symptoms. Every month would be torture for me. I had bad experience with each of my pregnancies. I went through bad morning sickness only to have miscarriage. That was traumatic experience for me.

We have only one solution. We only engage in physical intimacy after my period. That's the 6th day up to 9 th day after my period. We still use condoms and check it carefully for any tear. If there is any tear, I would have my Morning after pills ready.(I don't use them unless necessary). We cant predict when the ovulation may occur as not every women ovulate on the 14th day, You may be fertile on any days depending the ovulation. So there aren't any possible way to predict it. Ovulation kit may help but not practical if to be used every month if we are not planning to get pregnant.

So far, that's the safest method for us. I don't trust the contraceptives. It may prevent pregnancies but in the long run, we don't know for sure of the side effects and what it does to our body.

1 person likes this.
  6. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

If you don't want to use artificial contraception, there are a lot of natural family planning methods that are more scientific and accurate than just counting days from your period. I have been married for two years and for the first year my husband and I used these methods until we decided to have a baby. A good book to read about this is 'Taking charge of your fertility'. Also google the Billings Method or the sympto thermal method and you will get more info about this. If you are in the US, there are classes that you can take to learn about these natural family planning methods. That's what my husband and I did.

7. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

What does this mean? Does it mean that you want to have the option of having a second kid forever?? If you need more time to make this decision, then you need to be careful as you are now.

Otherwise, permanent sterilization would be the best option! In my experience, getting my tubes tied was the best gift I gave my husband. What a big tension taken care of!

Now we can be as spontaneous or impulsive as we like! :kiss

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You can't have it all.