1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Query {Intimacy Related }

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by pretzel, Feb 28, 2015.

1. pretzel

pretzel New IL'ite

My DD is 5+ yrs . We stay in a 1BHK now . Even if we move to a 2BHK , I cannot make my kid sleep in a separate room .

Safe Period + Kid in School + Our Mood = Very difficult to meet this to be intimate .
    How this can be handled ? Is my question clear ?

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Kid to bed at 8-9 pm, when she sleeps you have the living room all for your self :)

And get some contraception so that you do not have to care about "safe" days.

1 person likes this.
  3. pretzel

pretzel New IL'ite

CrayoNess , Last I put my kid to sleep by 8 PM . And did . DH was so tensed , What if the kid wakes up .

I have read before , even if the kids are in good deep , its not good to be intimate in the same room . you said living room , should try this .

4. rosepetals

rosepetals Bronze IL'ite

Dear pretzel,

I can relate to your question very well as I have firsthand experience with such a situation. My BIL used to stay with us for the first 2 years after marriage. The first year, it wasn't even a 1 BHK. It was a small studio apartment with just a curtain separating our bed from the sofa-cum-bed he (BIL) used to sleep in. Now it is difficult to even imagine how we managed during those days, but we did somehow. First year of marriage, after all. :p
    The living room idea by @CrayoNess is great. You can try and create a romantic environment in the living room either with dim lighting or candles (even better if they are scented). If you have a comfortable couch, put it to good use ;) Or else, get a comfortable foldable mattress for such occasions.

2 people like this.
  5. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

JFYI Safe period has high failure rate .

6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Just a curtain separating from where BIL is sleeping, wow! Hard for me to imagine - how this was "managed"? oh well, lol.
    Its just a 'voicing out the surprise aloud' question - pls. dont answer my qn! (thanks!).

7. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

Dont make the kid sleep for long hours after school. So she will easily go to bed by 8 pm and you can have your own time. If there is a foldable sofa cum bed in living room it will be easy .

Iam wondering how you people managed with " safe period" method for this long. Try some other better contraceptive methods.

GlobetrotterG and pear like this.
  8. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Lock the bedroom from outside to be on safer side.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Why can't you make your daughter sleep in the other room.Five years is old enough.You need to work on why you would rather skip intimacy for having your old enough daughter in the same room.

If people want to get back to normal couple life...they work harder to get the children more independent.

If bedroom is daughter's space....the rest of the house is available for you both.Just lock the bedroom from outside.

3 people like this.
  10. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

When the kids are grown up, to the age of 10 etc, then the kid waking up in the midst of sleep and knocking the door locked from outside, then asking, "why did you lock from outside?". How do you handle the situation ? Then comes the real embarrasment.