1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Human Nature

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ChennaiExpress, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

After dealing with what I've been through, and reading what other people have been through, I felt compelled to share what I have come across in Pinterest.

Marima Abramovic is a performance artist who uses her body as a medium. One of her most memorable performances was Rhythm 0, where she is on stage, presents 72 objects for the audience to use on her, and she will not have any resistance.

Initially the audience was friendly, but after 6 hours, she was bleeding, stripped naked, with a gun to her head.

When she got up after the performance to confront the audience, they all ran away.

The best part is, this didn't take place in India, or New Delhi, but was in a European country, I believe in Italy according to tate.org.uk

When elders would tell me I'm not intelligent and I'm naive, it's probably because I didn't understand the depravity of human beings. And that uncle who said the missed match was good for his already-married daughter gave me really bad vibes as a person when I first met him after many years. An uncle or person may act nice and polite but energy doesn't lie.

If I'm over-analyzing, yes, it's a blessing and a curse.

But this darkness of human nature never occurred to me. The irony is, I got married few months before the December 2012 Delhi rape case took the headlines by storm ...... perhaps if the marriage was to happen after December 2012, I would have thought 5 or 6 times before making myself vulnerable to a person.

I hope this post gives other people some perspective. When people told me I was a nice person, I am a nice girl, etc, etc, I never understood why. And when people told me I am nice, some people seemed to have been taunting me.....

We all have impurities in our heart, but seeing those pictures of Rhythm 0 (you can google it if you wish) was quite disturbing, but it put so many things in perspective.

Sometimes I wonder what's the point of marrying for love if the person would hurt you if given the chance. But this cynical feeling towards love is only fleeting.......

I saw another quote something along the lines of "Love means making yourself vulnerable to that person to hurt you and TRUSTING that he will not hurt you"

But how can anyone happily go through life when they don't want to love anyone, or have no intention to love the person they marry, but just want to marry for their own material gain, rather than work as a team to be closer to God.

I really wanted to share this, and give perspective to others...... There still has to be love and compassion in a world with such hate......

2. malinisarovar

malinisarovar Silver IL'ite

The best quality to gain in life is to be self-content and never look out for love. Never get married, work and earn for yourself. Serve the people who need love. However, nature makes us to look for love and get married to love and be loved.

1 person likes this.
  3. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

Hope you realize this.

Attached Files:

• pity.jpg
      pity.jpg
      File size:
      75.2 KB
      Views:
    6 people like this.
  4. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Dont go in search of negative energy.There is so much beauty in the world to admire.

5 people like this.
  5. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

There has to be a dark for the light. A negative for the Positive, a south pole for the north pole. Else the circuits will not get completed.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

With absolute power comes absolute corruption. That's why enabling violence can lead to even more violence. That's why checks and balances were introduced.When the inhibition to violence is overcome, people are capable to the most atrocious things. This can be regularly seen.
    many people would perhaps murder if they would think they could get away with it.
    so we all have dark side, we need to deal with it. But even in the worlds worst time there has been evidence of the good side of humanity.

1 person likes this.
  7. ChennaiExpress

I was going through Pinterest to see motivating posts, and I searched for "Inspirational People"

First, I saw a 17th century Mexican lady who was well educated, more than most men, especially during a time when education for women was discouraged.

Then I saw a picture of a Lady Samurai, which was quite rare in Feudal Japan.

Then I stumbled upon that disturbing pin. Apparently, someone thought that lady and her artwork was outstanding, but that's when it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I never understood the concept of how someone could be cruel to one person and not others ---- and some mean people would taunt me about this, saying that I'm shy and quiet and people will tear into me.

Well, water is shy and quiet and it can tear into the most rough, tough rock!!!

People, especially serials make the rich, educated person to be the villain in the story, but it turns out that money and status overcomes any barriers to hurting another human being.

We all have these dark tendencies to overcome.

But there are people who have all the worldly wealth and they are truly kind human beings.

Sara Blakely, 1st female self-made billionaire said that being rich makes you a bigger version of yourself. If you were already an @$$h0le, money will make you a bigger @$$h0le, and if you are a saint, money will make you a bigger saint.

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...you need to go out there and make some friend.
    Why are you looking up depressing videos and stuff?You need to really go out with people your age .Start something new.....start something with passion.Your posts are becoming more and more depressing.

4 people like this.
  9. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Lifes too short to focus on the dark sides. Self pity takes lives. ' count your blessings' is the most underrated saying.

2 people like this.
  10. ChennaiExpress

Ok, ok, I'll even limit times on social media because who knows what one might encounter .... better to use computer sparingly ......