1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valentine's day plan for DH

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

My Plan for this Valentine day is to give him a card and then go out for a dinner in the evening.

What are you plans? Looking for some ideas.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Would much rather celebrate a personal day/moment, such as day of first meeting, or anniversary of a first something, rather than a generalized V-day on a date designated by some marketing organizations when all of us are "supposed to express love to our partner on that so called special day". Anyway restaurants jack up the prices on so called "V-day".

So will let V-day go by as a normal just another day, and reserve celebration for cherishing our personal day(s). Just a personal preference, good wishes to the rest of the world who wants to celebrate on that specified day.

3 people like this.
  3. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

I agree with Ragini,We too never do anything special for valentine's day may be a card or flower n some chocolates but no dinner as it will be crowded outside instead v celebrate the first day of our meeting where my DH proposed me very grandly n never miss our birthday's,anniv n festivals but somehow not attached so much to V-day...anywayz Wish you loads of fun...

1 person likes this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We don't pay attention to Valentines Day, but each to their own!

5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

It is a collection day....Otherwise, it will go as unnoticed!

If I don't make an attempt, he will comment at the end of the day, 'you could have told me'.... as if he was too busy to notice the calendar. At the last minute, he will show up with sweets and will consume more than me at a faster rate.

Plan to make reservation for brunch at the nearby place. Yesterday, I selected a saree and plan to drag him to the jewelery store, later this week.

Plan to wear the gifts and make him pay for the brunch as my gift.

3 people like this.
  6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Why should Valentine's day be celebrated by husband wife?

It is a lovers thing only know?

1 person likes this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nope. It is a 'love' thing. In the US, people give cards to their parents, teachers, classmates, friends, grandmas, grandpas etc., essentially anyone you care about or love. Though the day does carry a special connotation for lovers. One could argue that at the heart of it a husband and wife are but lovers, or at least ought to be so.

6 people like this.
  8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

@Ragini25 we don't celebrate it out. But we exchange funny husband-wife cards. I am not into flowers or chocolates. Actuallly, I don't like chocolates, even in cake or ice cream. The last few months have been hectic and this V-daily happens to be over the weekend so thinking of doing something different. can't travel out though.

1 person likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

We learned to celebrate all the special days. Birthdays, first meeting day, proposal day, engagement day, wedding day and kids' birthdays... and both religious festivals too. It is not too much for us either. In between, we dont forget to celebrate this V-day too.

It gives you a special warmth feeling when everyone around you too celebrate it. Thanks to the media.

We are planning for a dinner date and a late night movie. So that kids' can peacefully sleep after the dinner with their grandma, while their parents' enjoy their 10th V-day alone.

4 people like this.
  10. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

LOL you men are like that only laugh1smiley

1 person likes this.