1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long distance life - Getting harder

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by prema2015, Jan 31, 2015.

1. prema2015

prema2015 New IL'ite

Hi
    Me and fiancée are in long distance relationship. We fell in love during our computer class, he gave me a greeting card with a love poem through my friend. I thought about it for a 1 week and then told ok.

we used to talk over the phone couple of times a week. I am very shy and he is very shy so we hardly spoke our feelings. even when we meet rarely we just got scared and tensed and felt too uneasy.

He is getting busy with business and I am USA on a project. He is not the texting type of guy, if I send a message he will see it 2 hours later and reply 4 hrs later. then the time diff and ISD calls. he is not into any social media or connecting apps. He world is his electronics business.

I am wanting so much more and very uncomfortable to initiate romantic talks on phone or text. he is giving a hard time. I don't know what to do. we both love each other so much in our hearts but cant express. both are from very conservative families and brought up in orthodox environment.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You told "ok" for what?

Maybe if you share the poem which had you tell "ok", we can help.

2 people like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Both are from orthodox families and brought up very conservatively - you are ready to change and he isn't ready to change. If you are not committed yet then change the guy.

1 person likes this.
  4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Get into marriage if you are ready to live this 'hard time' even after marriage.

5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

bingo ! poetry in motion

1 person likes this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

How do you know he loves you so much in the heart?You have a long distance relationship in which he gives you a hard time even talking about it.

I would say....he is not that into you. If he can pass you a poem and take it from there...he is not so conservative that he can't find time to express his feelings.Was the poem his or Copy paste type?

Or he is the type who believes once the girl is a gf....there is no need to impress her or give her the time of the day.

Try ignoring him for sometime...give him the same delayed treatment.Tell him you are tired of chasing you with texts and phones.If he is into you...he will try to make amends.

3 people like this.