1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

previous affairs before marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Dec 22, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

My friend's sister is getting married.she is 24 and the boy she is getting married to is my dh's relative.personally,I do not know the guy but he is well settled and pleasant. This guy had confessed to his fiancee about some one night stands he has had with his girl friends.This girl who really is fascinated by the guy is taken aback.she is a very homely,simple girl and does not understand or broad minded enough to let things go.the guy it seems has told that he will be good after marriage but those girls he had sex with are his friends and will remain the same.As much as one can appreciate how truthful he is,it is very tough for the girl to accept the fact.wedding is also fixed and the date is close.the boy and girl really seem to like each other but this truth is too hard on the gal.she is very much depressed.My friend wants me to confirm that the boy will be good after marriage by talking to him.how can I do that????what should the girl do?

2. perfundo

perfundo Silver IL'ite

I don't know what I can really suggest, but I can definitely tell you one thing.

you should neither commit or not commit, what will a guy do in future. all you should do is, get the guy and girl talk as much as they want to, help them to have more time to make decisions. Their life, they should decide.

One night stands isn't a yardstick to measure anyone, absolutely so when he/she is a bachelor. that said, personally, I find the concept of one night stand a bit unflattering.

Rihana and anika987 like this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

If he really wants his marriage to work, he shouldn't keep contacts with those friends anymore, but can is it possible to avoid them, as they will have some more common friends, they will come to face to face in some functions/events.

if guy really wants he can do it.

2 people like this.
  4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Red flags! she better be careful, I think "trouble ahead"! My humble suggestion - call off the wedding, cancel it. But since she is "fascinated" by him, what's gonna happen is she will marry him and then post her tears in IL a year or two later. She wont take the good advice to call it off now itself, destiny will take its course.

6 people like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Reg flag...one night stands .
    Red Flag2...continuing friendship with these girls and expecting his wife to be okay with it?
    This guy will throw this in her face if she has problems later...."I told you before marriage".

This guy is one of those hypocrites who wants to sleep around with women but wants his wife to be simple untouched flower.To top it ,this guy has the audacity to expect her to accept the girls in his life as his friends.

Don't be taken in by his truthfulness.....he is just making excuses for the **** he expects her to bear with later on in life.

The girl should ask him if he would be okay if she had casual sex before marriage and continued being friends with the guys she had it with.

If this is an arranged match....she should let her parents know and cancel the marriage.

bron, Metamorphic, panda2014 and 11 others like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

a true fact..your answer!

which is what I am afraid of!! however,from what I have seen of him..he is very charming and pleasant.dh however says not to interfere much.

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

like ragini said..she is young and naive..i hope she clears things by talking to him.asked dh to talk to that guy and help the girl out..dh is asking me to not interfere:((

8. yellowmango

Your dh is right.Let her ask him and sort it out . ....or get her family involved.

3 people like this.
  9. yellowmango

He has to be charming.Girls don't have one night stands with just anyone.

7 people like this.
  10. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

I agree with what others have stated!! Fascination and all will go after a while what will stay is doubt and depression after the honeymoon period is over ! Firstly one night stands are risky and then staying friends with them is North Korea risky !! I would not suggest her to go ahead with this alliance!

3 people like this.