1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

i wanto stand by him... give me strength and ideas.. _/\_

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by powerpuffgal, Dec 17, 2014.

1. powerpuffgal

powerpuffgal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies.. i got married very recently.. 3 months have passed.i know him for 3 years and we were best friends now we are happily married.. with all ups and downs life was so happy n blissful.. he is being very supportive.. we both are IT professionals. we both have to support our parents and other responsibilities. he was with top MNC company.the best at his career and very successful at it (even if he plans to leave the organisation lik three times, they offered him huge n made him retain, so he ll drop the offers)

we had a bad news 2 days back.. as this company is laying off senior emps. Politics within project.. he was just asked to report to HR and bluntly asked to sign the resignation. (you gals can imagine how our mind set wud be) yday was like we both were in the shock. i really cant see him worried. stupidly i cried and later him.. i couldnt see him this way.. i really dono wat all i can do to make him feel that he is going to be fine. i know his potential he wil bounce back. he is now sticking to system and all friends to look for a change.

all this three months of time were so planned.. we both had afternoon works.. we ll wake up tea breakfast cook/pack seeing him get ready (i ll jus keep starring at him in the formal wear) send off and i ll get ready ...

now the first day i started office leavin him homealone to look for job.. nobody in the family know about this as we jus started living i dont wanto make this a news n give trouble to my PIL and mom dad..

with so much thoughts am venting this out.. i wanted to know how do i support him?? how do i make him feel better and motivated??. i started treating him lik a kid (he might get irritated) .. i dono how to make things better for him.. he s happy tat m near.. i know sum or the other problems would come in way.. i need ideas to make his tough journey a very little easy for him.. tell me what all i can do to support him morally.. also without hurting his emotions..

words i told him:

"this too shall pass"
    Last month (same day) his dad was admitted at icu, my DH called me, and was so emotional so worried.. same night his dad was discharged and he s doing so well. So i texted him these words

i took him for a walk early morning(making it a practis).. he again started worrying i told him "pls stop making negative comments, we are goin to look back at this dark days in future and smile tat everything is now ok" sumtime i listen to his and pat him....

i still make things as same as b4.. i dint change any routine.. i trust in god.. i pray a lot.. am asking god to giv him strength to stay with him all time.. i wanto make him feel better. m not worried about jobloss but his mindset... m crying silently during shower n when he s not near... i cant see him suffer..

please suggest me. pls give me ideas and strength to go thro this part of life...

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dont over pamper him or sympathies at him. This is part and parcel of our current life. No job is permanent. Perhaps, you can clarify this to him.

If he has any concerns over your future, tell him that he needn't think about your far future. Just plan for tomorrow and then step by step.

Since you are working, try to manage your requirements within.

Assist him to find a job, but don't hurry. Need not to tell others about this job loss. Just stay peaceful for the time being, and look for opportunities.

I am sure with his experience and talent, he would find a new post soon. Most importantly he needs a job no matter how big it is or not. A job itself boost many men's ego. Being in that job, he can look for a new but the most suitable one slowly.

4 people like this.
  3. garimagoyal

garimagoyal Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Me and hubby are both in IT. These days sudden layoffs are very common. It comes as a part of parcel of life in IT. My suggestion would be not to tell the relatives. Older generation tends to start worrying and build up the pressure on everyone involved. Also people sometimes tend to talk in hurtful way in such scenarios. I am sure that he will get a job soon.

You can help him by going over his CV with him. Also you can apply to vacancies on job sites on his behalf. What about your organization - is there a suitable job opening to refer him ? If your own manager is supportive, maybe you can ask him about suitable vacancies or a referral to some other opening. In larger IT organizations many openings are internal/referral only - not posted to job sites.

I am sure that all day long searching for job must be very stressful for him. Please try to keep the environment at home normal.

4 people like this.
  4. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Layoff are getting common now a days....and positive thing is Other companies have no problem in recruiting an employee who was lay off earlier...
    He should start applying for jobs and most importantly should have confident on himself that he being intelligent and having great experience can crack great job...also at the time of interview he should frankly tell the organization how he has stayed back in the company when the company needed him and he feels bad that how the same company considered him for lay off...

You are already being very supportive of him...continue being one...try to leave for ur office early from home so that you can return home soon to be with him and give him some motivating egs; you can fake the story of how one of ur office colleague also faced similar situation but he/she cracked the interview and got job in ur company...so tell him that am sure you will definetly crack job at great place as you are having much more better experience and caliber than that of the colleague you were talking abt....

continue being his strength and yes you too can pass on his resumes to ur colleagues and frds who can refer him.

All the best,...Feel proud of you for being so caring and supportive wife to ur DH.
    God bless you both

2 people like this.
  5. powerpuffgal

As we hide this from our parents. m finding it so stressful living him home n start to work.. m keeping home as normal as b4... i smile with him.. listen when he s upset over the interviews.. seeing him proud when frens who support him like crazy.. same time (so called...)friends who silently enjoy his fall... this helps him to know ppl around...

i also sent his resume to few of my frens to chk.. i give a call when ever i get any company name in my head..

Please pray for us... i was so disturbed as i had none to share.. now m a bit relieved tat i have ppl to share..

6. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

This is part of the life package, many families are there where the hus is the only bread winner... as you said you still have income for the family. .. he is well experienced,he can find a job soon... just say positive stay positive... all will be fine.. just testing times in marriage... stay put..! Share his CV with ur HR .. some companys do keep spouse together

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@powerpuffgal Sister,

:welcome to IL family,

Your tone gives a great support for him, so be strong yourself, Will pray to Guru Sayee on your behalf to enable your husband to get the best job after crossing over this hurdle sooner.

May Baba give you all the strength at this need of the hour, SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Geez, get over it. Stop acting like end of world or that he can't handle this. Are you trying to make him into some whining weakling? If he is so talented as you say he is going to get a job. Make him feel like a man in the bedroom and rest of the time let him be a man.

2 people like this.
  9. powerpuffgal

Thank you Rise :) yeah its so early.. but i have gain the strength to face it.. i cant try it at my Org.. as this s one of the companies he was offered and he dint join due to the demand with (ex)company...

10. powerpuffgal

Saisakthi.. yur words means a lot to me.. SaiRam :Bow:

1 person likes this.