1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hand reconstruction surgery any idea

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by ivlakshmi, Nov 28, 2014.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Since this is most active section i am posting it here.
    Does any one know about this hand reconstruction surgery. Can the person normally move hands, fingers and do activities after the surgery. My friend got a match of this guy but kind of scared to meet him due to his health condition. The guy on call told her that nerves and skin from other part of body has been taken out and stitched on hand as the hand was totally crushed in accident. She was little hesitant to ask him if he can move his hands over call and informed me the same . So i thought of posting in indus.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

She should meet him and see him herself. If they haven't reached that stage...she could just ask her doubts diplomatically. Is it his primary hand? Is he able to use it for normal work? ?They could skype and clear all doubts.

2 people like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Ivlakshmi,
    Your friend will have to see for herself. Reconstruction surgery can be successful, but the extent depends on the nature of the original injury. It may not be as good as new. It is good that the guy is being honest though.

1 person likes this.