1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I need ideas how to handle this situation.... very upset on this thing....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rdheiva, Nov 23, 2014.

1. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

Me, my husband, and my son are living away from my in laws and we are not in touch with my MIL, only FIL and BIL will come to our home and we dont go to their home. My mom will take care of my son when i am sleeping in the evening, am doing night shift work. For almost one year since we came out of my inlaws they dint ask anything, but after that my MIL started asking for my son in weekends. With much hesitation i left him there. He is not spending any quality time there except watching tv and they does not even know how to feed him, they wont even give him fruits and all. Somebody has to prompt him to eat fruits. and he will be with me for 4 days and other three days (friday evening to monday morning) he will be with them. As he has gone to UKG, i put him in dance class and he goes there irregularly and almost only one day. but i dont like sending him to them. in this issue i have been having so much fights (weekly fights) with my DH. He says he hates his mom, but for his dad's sake i have to leave my son to them. he is around 66 years old and he will be having shivering in his hands and once he fell off his twowheeler when going with my son. other things also i adjusted and left. but due to these issues only my son is getting affected, getting tired from traveling around 30 km per day standing. As usual my MIL feeds him what i have said not to e.g. noodles, chocolates, chips, and oily sncks... i hate that... i wont allow my son to watch tv more than an hour, but there the whole day he watches TV, like this many issues, DH is aware of all this. Ok stop. leave this..

DH will always do things on his own, and he never hears me in any matter, but in this matter alone he says he hears me word by word or he does this purposefully. he is saying that he is checking on me what am doing and how am reacting to each situation. I fear that my life has become a test for me and he is going to give me pass mark.... I hate this.:-(

I will tell u what had happened this week. As in dance class they are preparing for a function, they told that there will be class on sunday also, that too at the end of the saturday class. but as usual, my FIL was waiting for me to drop my son. It became 7.45 p.m. when they announced that we have sunday class. i told this to DH and told him that we will send him next week. But u see what my FIL told, "he is going to pick my son up and go all the way about 15 km from my home and sleep and at 9.30 a.m.next day he will again get my son to dance class, again 15 km, he is going to dance for 1-1/2 hours and again after dance class, my FIL will pick him and go to their house (15 km), and then as usual sunday evening we will pick him up to our home half way," for my son within 24 hours 60 km of travel in a 2wheeler, he is a 5-year-old boy. think of his situation, and monday morning he has to go to school. i told them at night itself he can go next week. but without listening to me, my FIL came and waited for my son halfway, but we came home at 12.30, had lunch and my son slept.

I wanted to know whether am right or wrong?

My DH is accusing me that am sending him to my mom's home often, but not sending to them. last week itself he stayed there and came. My mom home is just 1.5 km away.

Please advise me elders.. I do not know to handle this.

am afraid of weekends. afraid my DH's moodswings and tantrums

apart from this he is a better one.. he cares for me, he saves for me, loves me and all...

Thanks for reading such a long post, but without this situation cannot be understood.

only if u understand my situation u can help me...

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Elders problems are seriously affecting an innocent child's daily life. Except you no one is even bothered about it from what you have described.

Time you discuss about this with your husband and come to an agreement that you will send your child only on long leaves to your in-laws place. Even if a fight erupts, you need to make it very clear that it is for the welfare of the growing child and see to that it is agreed upon.

3 people like this.
  3. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Hi GG..

u r right... u perfectly understood what is in my mind.. tx for reading and replying... i will try this... :)

1 person likes this.
  4. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Guys even more ideas and suggestions accepted. :)

5. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Doesn't your husband want to spend weekends with his son?
    I don't understand why would any grown ups in this scenario want to be so stubborn and think of only pleasing their ego or playing parents?
    What about the child? Has anyone asked him what he likes where and how he wants to spend hours weekend?
    Forget all of you most kids would rather laze in bed play with friends go out than be at the center of this family drama
    Talk to your husband and child request him to be a good dad and consider his son's happiness above all. If he is doing this for his dad and his dad doesn't have problem coming to your place then let him spend weekend with all of you instead.
    Our send your husband with your son to make sure he eats right and is not spoiled with TV chocolates etc
    Good luck
    Vaidehi

5 people like this.
  6. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Your DH seems to be messed up.

The question is, what is your ideal scenario? If you had to make the decision without the influence of your DH, what would you do? Once you decide that, then see if your DH's request of your child spending time with your FIL can be accommodated or not.

Your DH's need is that your child spending time with you FIL. You need is that your child doesn't spend 3 days at your in laws place. Can you arrange for weekly or bi-weekly 2-3 hour visit with your FIL? If its bi-weekly visit, on the alternate weeks, you can invite your FIL and MIL to visit your house and they can spend a day with your son or two, whatever they wish. If they want time with your son, they also need to be flexible.

As far as your DH, and his tests, which he expects you to pass, tell him that you care a dam*. Tell him that he can mark you as failed and get in with it.

I don't get all the women telling, my DH does this, does that but otherwise good. What does it take for you all to term them as bad? That they drink and have affairs?

He basically is disrespectful of you and treats you as a person who emotions could be played with. This is a serious offense.

2 people like this.
  7. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

I guess I should have read other responses before writting my own.

I don't agree with the "Requesting the husband" but everything else seems great.

8. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi...

Thank you for ur reply... Will tell you.. DH stopped spking to his mom 2 years back, so all he is doing for his dad alone. I have already told him that ask his dad to come here and stay here for 2 days and spend with my son.. but he wont do that. those people are unbelievable. they wont evn eat here (ajeeb) so my husband wont go there, so that point failed... final is asking my son about this... good one.. will do

9. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Hi FM..

what i meant about my DH is he acts erratic only in this matter, others and all he is an ideal husband... maybe he thinks i am not respecting his father's wish at this elder age. will this be okay? if i send my son on Sunday alone in alternative weeks. but they are not satisfied, they want him weekly... it is no issue to me to send him weekly if he is free. he is busy with dance classes, they shd understand and leave him to take rest... Seniors giving much suggestions... happy to share and get such things from u dear frds... am relieved now... getting so much directions to think....

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

If your husband cares for your fil ,then he must be bothered by his not staying or eating at your place. Tell him to ask his dad to come and spend the weekend with you all as the child is feeling harassed by this constant shifting. Tell your husband that fil likes his grandson very much and if you stick to your stand...he will finally give in and stay and his relations with his dad will improve.Give this a try...who knows...

3 people like this.