1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why NoBody exicited about my Pregenency NEWS !!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Mylifeatusa, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Mylifeatusa

Mylifeatusa Silver IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

I'm thinking from long time, whether to post this or not. But I can't concentrate on anything at work..So I have decided to post..

I have been married for 6 years to a good husband and moved to US immediately. I have conceived with my first kid after 2 months of our wedding...

after I came to know the news..I was very excited and called my parents to share the news..they were like oh ok good,now we have plan for a trip after 9 months.

Then we called our FIL as my MIL is no more.... then he said... oh.. you have to find a job because you are getting baby now and you have pay for your moms flight tickets...:( I felt bad did not said anything..

any way.. I got a cute kid...later I found job and we got green card and settled well...

Now...I have conceived with my second kid..I'm very happy as my first one is longing for a sibling...and I tried to share the new with my mom.she is like ok good...but you should have wait for some more time..any way good( my first kid is 5 yrs old) That's it !!!

Now I don't even want to share the news with my FIL and I don't want to bring anybody here for my delivery..I'm planning take a break from work or hire a nanny for my kid..

I some how feeling very low from morning..Why our elders don't feel happy for my kids..I think every parents like to have Grand children..???

Just venting...

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

The grandparents are far away and also concider is kind of a natural thing to happen. They are propably happy but is not a big issue for them. Or maybe they not good in expressing emotions on the phone.

3 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Op....:party

Don't take it to heart.It happens.

When I conceived my second one ...my first one was just one year 3 months old. We had planned to have a 2 year gap and it was perfect for us.

My parents reaction...oh ...you are happy?
    My sister's reaction......Don't you have anything else to do other than this.
    Inlaws reaction.....okay good...you have to come for your bil's marriage(which was around 20 days after my due date).

It happens.Enjoy your pregnancy.

sindmani, NeetaR, saps105 and 5 others like this.
  4. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Thats great news... we are here to cheer you up.... Congratssss :party

5. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

I don't think anyone other than a couple (there are exceptions) will be so much excited for pregnancy news. That also doesn't mean that they don't love their grandchild.

2 people like this.
  6. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

congrats.......... cheer up.
    we r far away from them, we dont know what difficulties they are facing in the day to day life.
    they might also thought they cant spend the time with their grandchildren so they are little disappointed than happy.

Mylifeatusa likes this.
  7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Many Congratulations Op! Take a chill pill.. It happens dear.. It doesn't really mean that they are not happy.. May be unable to express over phone... Parents definitely feel happy to hear the arrival of grandchildren.. Just they did not show up directly.. Please don't feel low..Pamper yourself.. Enjoy your time now..we are here to cheer and motivate you and celebrate this news :party

1 person likes this.
  8. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

YM I like your sister's reaction LOL very funny . When was this?

[Q

UOTE=yellowmango;3441915]Congratulations Op....:party

Don't take it to heart.It happens.

When I conceived my second one ...my first one was just one year 3 months old. We had planned to have a 2 year gap and it was perfect for us.

My parents reaction...oh ...you are happy?
    My sister's reaction......Don't you have anything else to do other than this.
    Inlaws reaction.....okay good...you have to come for your bil's marriage(which was around 20 days after my due date).

It happens.Enjoy your pregnancy.[/QUOTE]

9. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

when I got pregnant with second one my MIL said "ok" and after sometime only she said "good luck"

So OP dont worry too much. Take care of your self and your first child

1 person likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP, what you are feeling is understandable. We expect some amount of joy or excitement when we tell such news. Some of my friends, even the husband was very matter of fact about it.

Sometimes I also felt bad that a friend or family member did not show enough happy reaction at some milestone I shared. Often, the reason is that they are preoccupied with something else, or it is just one of those moments. The distance also makes a difference. We do meet them once in one or two years only, and even with all modern technology, the distance does have an effect.

Call up FIL and share the good news. If you don't feel like doing it, maybe your DH can do it. Not nice to delay telling old people happy news for such small reasons.

6 people like this.