1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to fun intact in married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Me1, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Me1

Me1 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I live in a joint family, a working mother of a toddler. Thus, I have v less time to spend with my DH.

I need some suggestions to keep the fun in married life intact. Suggestions may include some ideas/prank/joke/activities.

So all beautiful ladies out there what's your say?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Oh come on!! Don't you have any problems of your DH or in-laws to discuss. You are taking out the fun out of the married life section here.

Just kid...ding..Kudos for being in a Joint family and having a toddler and a job and thinking of maximizing the fun with your DH.

Give him surprise gifts often. Some hand made and some store bought.

Plan surprise outing and ask him to come directly to someplace from work.

Plan surprise birthday parties and so on.

I don't know if any of the above is useful, but this is all I got.

Maybe if you had asked this question to all handsome men, along with beautiful ladies, I might have got better ideas.

Have fun !!! :party

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    6 people like this.
  3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

I also have the same problem...looking for solution

4. Me1

Me1 Silver IL'ite

I often give him surprises but going on an outing without family is not his idea.. I gave him a nice poster few days back which made him smile :)

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Mine is also somewhat a joint family too. (Not that I live with in laws). My mom, our resident maid, my 2 little kids and we are living together under one roof. Further my siblings and in laws live around the corner. So, they do visit us and spend most of the time with us (playing with kids, talking with mom) so it is rare that we get privacy for our marital pranks and fun.

However, I never regretted for living this way. It is indeed a lot of help, fun and a boost for relationships. So, we do spend a lot of time outside to ensure we live our marriage to the level best.

We both travel together for work, and it takes some 2hr journey daily.
    Sometimes, we stop on the way in restaurants, beach or driveways... Have a short coffee break, take pics and talk a lot
    That includes short walks by holding hands, hugs and all...

Whenever it is possible, we take some time offs and go for movies alone. But that is not always.

Apart from that, we are always on-line in FB even though at office times, so we chat, comment and make fun.. or plan for the fun.

Me and my H are like two best friends... So, whenever we go for office related outings or gatherings, I take my H also with me. He does the same too. So, each of our friends/colleagues have become common friends with us.

Further, we surprise each other with frequent gifts, special meals, bed arrangements, etc..etc...

5 people like this.
  6. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

And here I am, everytime I sneak out to play a prank on dh, he notices that I am missing and goes out seeking and I am unable to play any prank on him ! :( I think I am going the wrong way !!

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Since he is not for having fun only with you....I guess you can try ...musical chairs ,dumb charades ,treasure hunt.

8. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

I just have one easy idea (mainly because i am very busy and i am sure so are you) so what you could do is.. everyday, send him one liner text messages ..

for example . "I love you"; "I’m having one of those days that make me realize how lost I’d be without you… Just wanted to let you know.", "I had a dream about you and I woke up smiling…", "I am a gifted person to have you as my gifted husband."

While you are sending him , the happy thoughts will make you happy.. and it will bring smile on your dh face as well.. you could do this when he is at work.. so you know quick couple mins to think about each other in your hectic life..

9. Me1

Me1 Silver IL'ite

Nice idea :cool2:
    Will surely follow this.. mademydaysmiley

10. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite