1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Married life is not on track

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sinchana05, Oct 15, 2014.

1. sinchana05

sinchana05 New IL'ite

Dear all,

I am 29 year old..I have been married from last 2 and half years..But I am leading a very unhappy life.
    From the beginning of our marriege,My husband is not at all interested in physical relationship.We had sex NOT more then 10 times in 2 and half year of our married life..That too he never initiate.
    I tried to talk to him in all possible way...but he never want to talk about that and get angry all the time if open that topic..I even tried to convince him that we will consult a doctor or counselling... But he is not ready for that..what can I do to change him? I tried all possible way to save our relationship but nothing s working out as he is very arrogant and dont ready to talk..I feel he doesn't treat me like a wife.I myself took councelling but all advice me to take divorce becoz he doesn't really try to change.I was working as a software engineer in a MNC with an attractive salary, but as my husband moved to US for his project,I resigned my job n came here by thinking that he may change.But he is not changing at all.I am friendly,caring and understanding gal..I have told him that if you have any problem kindly share with me so that we can talk n resolve or get any treatment needed..but he is not ready.I feel more of a cook then a wife.

I feel I cannot accept this till end of my life..As I feel very hopeless and lonely,thinking of divorce now...Can anyone please advise,how to save my relationship?

Thanks,
    Sinchana

2. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

A threat to divorce him may jolt him to action to remedy the situation. But honestly, after divorce what?

1 person likes this.
  3. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

I agree with nandita... I feel a threat to divorce may make things a little smooth. If he loves you genuinely, he may pay heed to your advances and intimacy may return. But all these comes with a supposition " May".. hope my words ring true..
    All the best

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Yes. A threat to divorce and temporary separation might jolt him back into action.

Tell him him kindly and politely that you have really tried to make sense of his lack of sex drive and have tried to bear with it but it has become impossible for you to be happy. Since he does not want to take the effort, you think it is better that you part ways for the sake of your sanity. Tell him you need some time away from him so that both of you can think what to do next.

In the meanwhile you need to get back to india and find yourself a job. (And stick to it for at least two years so that it counts on your CV) Be kind and polite to him though. Be ready to talk to him over the phone if he makes an effort. If he doesn't, I suggest that you do go ahead with a divorce due to mutual incompatibility. Focus on your career/ study further. It may seem bleak, however with some counselling plus family and friends rallying around, things will certainly look up. Xx

5 people like this.
  5. sinchana05

sinchana05 New IL'ite

Thanks for your advice..I have already tried that...
    If I say i will take divorce he says he s not bothered...I can take..

If I take divorce I hope I can stay alone peacefully... Or marry someone who care for my feelings.

1 person likes this.
  6. sinchana05

sinchana05 New IL'ite

@meera n guesshoo :
    Thank u fr your time n help.
    I always tried to talk to him politely and tried my best to make him understand.. But he never listen..he says he s not interested in sex n its normal in couples.n he starts shouting..
    I even tried my mailing n explaining everything that how I feel and all with so much love..but he s nt bothered..he doesn't care...
    I have 4+ years experience in IT ,i hope I can get good job..just left my job 2 n half month ago...before that i ws in India n he ws in US fr 4 months..but even staying away didnt help to resolve dis issue..

7. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear,

I personally believe in maintaining relationships and not breaking them.. but in your case, I believe it is best to do what your heart says.. I mean your DH is hell adamant he wont improve then why you have to spoil rest of your life for a self-centered guy like him. Successful marriages require adjustments from both end.. if only one person has to compromise, it becomes more of a mental torture for the person.. even if you drag on this relationship, how long will things work on this way?? Follow your heart.. if you feel divorce is the only option and you will be happier after separation, go for it..
    But I wud suggest one thing.. do let know your version of reason ypu opted for separation to his parents.. involve them.. otherwise they may find fault in you and after divorce, may stress their son to get married again.. why spoil another poor lady's life marrying such a guy?? Let them get their son treated..

Sorry if my post has been harsh..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    6 people like this.
  8. DeepikaMP

DeepikaMP Senior IL'ite

Hi Friend,

I can understand your feeling. We will get very upset if our partner doesn't fulfill our wishes esp in this means. But taking divorce is not good idea if you ask me. Seeking a guy for a second marriage is not an easy joke. He should also be understanding and take your previous relationship in good way. But all men are not like that. ur husband is not ready to listen to u also. yes that really sucks. but be patient. time yields everything. Ask him that its big time we need a baby. take to him in that way and see. but think a lot bef going for divorce and bef stepping into a another life. better talk to your parents or his parents. they should be able to help you.

Please be patient and think a lot bef taking a leap.

1 person likes this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Please don't even think about bringing a baby into this sham marriage.
    Find a job and think of a life without him.You can't force people to want you.A sex less marriage with an arrogant insensitive person in not worth it.

6 people like this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I think he has some problems. Before confrontation, find a way to stand on your feet instead of depending on him. The start confronting as to why you need sex as part of normal life, and why you can't accept this marriage on a long run.
    Threaten him for divorce, and move away from him at least temporarily to understand what he really is upto. But be prepared to take whatever comes your way.

As Nandita said, what is next after divorce? Would you still want this marriage and bury all your sexual needs till your last breath?
    Or would you explore a new life (partner) in a legal way, that is after separation/divorce.

Think about it

3 people like this.