1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my story

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Flyingsparks, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

hi ilites,

it's been long that i visited this forum..well life has been busy and a lot has been going on in my life..i don't know whether what has happened is good or bad for me..but what ever it is i have to face it..

i am getting divorced.ever since my post back in 2012..about the big fight with my dh & ils...things have been going in a downward spiral..

with a lot of interference from pils,parents,relatives..my dh's inabliity to support his wife..my incapability to protect myself & stand up for myself...

all led to my divorce..without my knowledge my husband filed for divorce..he forcibly left me at my cousin's place saying that we both need break blah blah blah..though i denied going..

after 3 weeks he sent me the papers at my cousin's place..

he is hopeless..

i was crumbled,crushed..i became so depressed..i couldn't stop crying for days & days..i was so shocked..

after a week of crying 7 depression..i gathered myself up..spoke to couple of lawyers..

i am still dependent on him.i am yet to join my master's program.
    i asked for financial support..division of cummunity proerty..etc..

my lawyer spoke all nice & sweet & supportive & aggrressive before hiring her..after hiring...she became cold..

i told het htat i need living expenses...it's been 65 days that i am living with my cousin & her family...though i am helping them,my parents are sending money...i still need money to survive..when i said this to that lawyer..she says.. that there is no law that says that dh has to provide me with living expenses..

i don't understand this..what am i supposed to do?? it is not easy to get a job..

above all that dh is kinda acting that he will cancel my visa..

we are on EAD.our priority date is march 29th,2010. now he filed for divorce...

my attorney suggested that i try to get F1 visa...

i am so confused..

i am so angry on my husband...i just to make his pay for his mistakes..for his karma..

i ahte him as much as i like him...i absolutely hate his parents...his bloody family..they are the nastiest people i have ever encountered in my life...i just hate hate them..

i feel sorry for my husband because he failed to be a good husband to me..because..i know he is a good guy..i have that much of soft corner for him...

anyways..i want suggestions from u all whether what all should i ask for in the divorce process..

what all settlements,alimony,expenses .. etc..

i don't have a car, no credit card,no cash nothing..

alll my jewellery which my parents gave me,gold,silver,expensive wedding sarees, other useful stuff is with my inlaws back in india..

i just hate them..

suggest me what to do?

also what should i do, how should i talk to lawyer so that she can work for me, work for my betterment & fight for my justice..i don't wnat to leave any stone unturned..

my parents will be here in usa next week to support me..they are helping me financially, emotionally..

& i can't thank enough ..my cousin & her husband..they are like gods for me know...it's been 65 days that i have been living with them...not a single time did they say a word...

had it been my husband in their place..he would have been as nasty & rude as possible...

please folks suggest me something...

i am preparing for toefl & gre exam sot hat i can get admission in some grad school & protect my visa status..

i absolutely don't want to go back to india.

2. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

First of all a big hug to you and hope things get better for you.

Stop having any soft corner for ur H. Accept that the marriage is over and take steps to move on. Enquire if you can get any part time job like may be sitting at the till in the supermarkets or working at bp stations on weekends or helping out at an indian grocery store and get paid in cash?.In other words, Explore all options and may be u can find some work to get started. Help out ur cousin as much as u can as they are doing u a huge favour. May be if ur parents can afford start paying rent for ur stay there.

Make a list of ur questions and get the lawyer to answer them in writing via email. She should be able to answer ur queries or what good to have such a lawyer? Also look online , there is a lot of info available that will tell u what u need to know. You can also approach some women's help organisations and they can help u with ur queries as well. Its time for u to be strong and work hard and become independent.once u become independent life will be different. all the best.

3 people like this.
  3. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

1. Sack the stupid lawyer u have! Hire someone who can help u get alimony! Evdn in US husband has to pay expenses n alimony! How cn she say there is no such law
    2. Stop having sympathy for ur husband!! He will use it against u if u continue to be positive towards you
    3. If u are pn h4, he is responsible for u, thts wht he has said in papers whn he got u here, u cn sue on this also, mental harrassment
    u can visit murthyforum, they also give free consultation n later u can hire them if u are satisfied! They know legal stuff n are a supporter of h4 visa holder!

5 people like this.
  4. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

I am so sorry! Hope you find the right help and courage..

1 person likes this.
  5. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Shah Peerally Law Group is another group that is very pro-H4 visa! They will definately help you out! They have spearheaded many H4 visa related issues , even more than Murthy forum !!

6. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

Hi FS,
    Something made me to read some of your previous posts and though i din read fully...i came to knoe that u like your husband in some few tings. hating totally and cant think of living even a second is different from having atleast a soft corner....there are many people in world who get along with husbands and after getting children and time goes things may change magically.Sorry i may not know ur situation but until u get a job....try to delay this divroce filing process....absence sharpens love....
    pray to your god everyday....even after many months things dont change u can start thinking...im sorry to advice you so...but atleast till u get a job dont divorce....send mails to your husband about your good memories with him....soemtimes words in text might heal more than talks over phone...

prayin for you

1 person likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

FS,
    I was recently thinking about you. I am glad to see you post here, though I am sorry that you are going through such a difficult time.
    1) Your husband is a coward. He did not stand up for you when it mattered, so do not waste any energy on him, certainly not in feeling sorry for him.
    2) The lawyer sounds like a dud.You need a shark, someone who will aggressively bat for you. Try to see if you can get recommendations from women's agencies or from other people. This is no time to skimp on costs, but make sure you are getting your money's worth. You need someone who can give you advice about the divorce as well as your immigration status.
    3) Keep up with your exams and try to get your own visa. Can you continue your USMLE prep as well so you can get into residency?
    4) Do whatever it takes to get your property back from your inlaws. I am not familiar with Indian laws, but there should be legal ways to do this.
    5) Above all, difficult as it seems, count your blessings everyday. You have supportive cousins and parents, and once this part of your life is over you will have a bright future ahead.
    Even though it may not seem so right now, things will improve with time.
    Wish you all the very best.

3 people like this.
  8. Mazel

Mazel Junior IL'ite

I pray to God to give you lots of courage and strength to face the battle and come out as an achiever.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

FS,

hugs girl. long time. you gave your 100% but then it did not work so move ahead.

no idea about the legalities. just wanted to tell you, you had the courage to withstand all the s@@@ that was doled out to you in last few years, now chin up and think about yourself and your future. you are your number one priority now. you can do it with such a strong supportive family you are blessed with.do well in those exams and make a better life for yourself.

10. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Hi FS,

My virtual hugs to you. I really dont know about these legal procedures..I pray god to give you hope & courage to face anything that might come your way. You had done your best to make this relationship work and still you understand your DH. You are such a nice wife and a great human being..Your H is really unlucky & I actually pity him and he will repent for it in the future for the greatest mistake of his life..That is the greatest punishment god would give him -a life long regret for dancing to the tunes of ILs & for that big fat ego..It would have been late by then.
    Love should be mutual only then it is beautiful so move on..God wont test you further..You will be at peace very soon & a new beginning would embrace you soon..All you need to do is prepare well for your exams..Hey you are a doctor..Doctors are considered equal to god..I salute that profession..So convert all your misfortune into positive energy by doing service to the needy. It is difficult to concentrate in this stage..Seek help from your parents. From your posts I got to know that you have got a wonderful family. Stay strong for them. Poor parents they would be totally depressed and guilty. Your words & actions should bring all of you out of the pit you had fallen into..Cry out loud, listen to let it go from frozen, read inspirational stories, listen to your fav music, watch your favorite movies, cherish love and understand that he is not the right person worthy of your love, pray and stay connected to god, stay positive no matter what. God will help you..Destiny is going to favour you soon..So take the next step positively..Stay strong..

1 person likes this.