1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So, is the guy good or bad?!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Roar, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Hi Girls!.. i suggested IL to one of my cousin, she loves the site and checks for advice but wont create an account coz she dosnt have a pc of her own. So I post on her behalf.

I am calling her 'sugar'.. she is married for 10 wonderful years. The guy is caring loving and outgoing. He is like this with evryone. Now, the problem started when she first found out that he has put all his money on fils name and not a penny on his ( her fil does not own anything by himself, inturn got some debts, son cleared everything and made properties ever since all on his name again). Posted here, got wonderful responses:).

Now, the second problem this year, bil (sugars hubby) went to US for a bussiness trip. She said they were whatsapping frequently. She mentioned that he said some thing about meeting his 10th friends and mentioned some guys she knew. She was fine. And the one day while messaging him he said he is just on the door step of an old friend and SHE is married and got kids. Now sugar feels bad why ge did not tell her when he was making plans on meeting her, why only at the nick of the time?. She just left it there, when bil came home after a week or so, she noticed him chatting with her, the message from her said " my H is not yet back so its hectic".. Sugar was mad now as he continues chatting with her after being back??? without her notice!!. And she suspects that her husband was not around when she met bil. She actually called me in panic that I was furious. Then she put her phone down, i didnt hear for nect 2 days.

Sugar calls me and says that it was the same woman whom bil said" there was one beautiful girl in our school whom everyone used to fantasize"... at the first year after het marriage ..she was crying :(. She said she screamed and called her biitch and all.. her husband got furious and said that she was overreacting and thinking vulgar and she must die... this hurt me a lot, when she said this, i was hurt because its so sad some one asking you to die. She said she put so much love care and effort (bil has diabeteis already so spl meals and persuing him to excerdise etc) and that he asked her to die just because she called that woman bad names. She is devastated, being a house wife, no property , husband catting with that woman, asking her to just die.

I said one thing... its NOT her mistake and she deserves to live than anyone else in the scene. In rage i asked her to message that womens husband on fb about she cahtting with men, but then i said no.

Please ladies, respond and advice, I am gonna send the screen shots to her. Your responses might not change her H but we both atleast wpnt feel lonely on this issue. I didnt say all this to my DH coz my bil and DH are friends and he will support the guy and I thiught it wasnt nevessary yet.

2. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

But bil gives her everything she needs, encourages her to be strong and all buys her own car... the only time he said no was to tranfering any property on his name and now calling her names and asking her to die.

Its all on this year.. bad year for them!

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Has he ever behaved like this before?Saying stuff like 'die'...
    He seems unnecessarily defensive about this issue if nothing is going on....
    Let her wait and watch for the next few days.Check if he is still chatting.Give him silent treatment and let him know that she is offended by his reaction and words.

1 person likes this.
  4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

YM :)... always first to help. I cant answer your questions but as I said she will know what you all say.

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

It is possible that he had a crush on her and some feeling were rekindled on meeting her. But she should not jump the gun and wait. May be it is nothing and he got upset because of her using bad words for her. Tell her to wait and watch.

1 person likes this.
  6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Also YM with 9 yrs of happy marriage , people become possessive. Its a big blow caused by emotional dependance on a single person ..

1 person likes this.
  7. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

See firstly he did not hide when he met her........

He did not delete any chats......

He is not secretly being in contact......

To me it says he isnt inclined to go towards her with that intention.....

Now about him saying die........ Well in anger many things are said..... Which are not meant..... Maybe he was more hurt by her thinking that he cheated her than by calling her bitch..........

Well i dont know about all details so i wont comment further but prima facie what i felt i wrote.....

Mat god bless her.... And they both resolve this.....

9 people like this.
  8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Thanks Q :), i reaaaly hope thats what it is!... she isnt taking with him, also he has taken it off. They must talk once it cools down. Dosnt seem like my cousin is gonna get cool any time soon hearing her but this time its his turn

2 people like this.
  9. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Either way its manageable if both are made to understand where they are coming from in this argument.......

Problem will be to not add this to the past baggage........ Because then this will baloon into something it is not.........

And the more time they keep it unresolved the more they will play all the incidents again and again in their minds....... And well then it slowly becomes about ego and then it is downhill from there.........

Hopefully they can be persuaded.....

What i would suggest is you just nudge you hubby to talk to BIL...... Something like hey i called sugar the other day she seemed rather quite and sad...... Have you any idea about that........ Bhagwaan kare sabb theek hi ho..........

Just that he may talk to him......

Sometimes it takes just a sympathetic ear to make a person realise that there may be some mistakes on his/her part.......

Best of Luck....

Take care
    Chow

2 people like this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Ask her to cool down and wait and watch and not bring it up or create fight on the issue. Have her focus on her marriage and house. Good part is that the lady is in a different country so there is no physical contact. I think the residue of the feelings after meeting after a long time will soon fade away as both become busy in their own lives.

About the finances, is her husband the only son of his parents or he has siblings? If he is the only son, then FIL having the finances shouldn't be a big issue unless the FIL is a gambler and tends to lose money on businesses or other activities. If he has siblings, then your cousin needs to slowly educate about saving money for the future (esp. if they have kids). Tell him about stories of siblings eating away the money and then turning their back etc.

1 person likes this.