1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband is very young. Should i feel happy or sad ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ramya30, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Ramya30

Ramya30 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I’m new to this forum. I have a wired problem. I don’t know whether its common or uncommon issue. I would like to get some suggestion from ladies here.

I’m married since 6 months. I’m 30 & my hubby is 34. Problem is my hubby still looks like 20. Perfect body, slim, tall, handsome & no grey hairs. Before marriage I thought I’m lucky, but now feeling sad.

Whenever we go outside, especially to parties & functions, some unknown people mistake him as my younger brother. Some people feel that I’m his aunt, I feel like slapping them. I’m not looking old or like aunt, even I look young & fair. But when he is next to me, he looks younger than me.

I have heard most of the people asking him “Which college?”, “Are you studying or working?”. In a recent scenario when he changed his job, in the new office, some guy asked him “Are you fresher?”, that guy was shocked to hear the answer “I’m a Team Lead”...Ha ha ha. My hubby has around 9+ years of experience.

I have decided not attend any functions or parties. I have discussed this problem with my parents, but they laugh, they feel its silly problem & ignore. Last week I discussed this with my hubby, he understands me, but he says “There is nothing I can do”. Actually he is very caring & loving. We love each other very much, after discussing this issue, he looks sad & dull, he has not done shaving from 1 week (may be he feels, without shaving he might look little old). I’m not able to see him feeling sad, in turn I feel much sad.

I want to know if other ladies had faced such problem, how to you handle this? Is this common with others.

We have to attend my cousin’s marriage next week, I don’t want to attend. But I can’t escape, I have to attend. Please give your suggestion.

7 people like this.

2. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

If you start to listen others then there will be no end to that in ur life .. dont care for others words and comments ..they just want to make fun of u and want to laugh ..so you too make fun of them and laugh in turn .. if u start worrying them then whole life you will be crying ..so be bold and confident .. dont listen others and good that ur husband understands you and love and respect him thats the only needed .. dont bother others

3 people like this.
  3. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

People talk, let them talk..what matters is your chemistry with each other. I will say simply ignore people and get on with your life..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Ramya...think the other way around...if you had looked very young and he old, you would still go Witsend ???

"There is nothing I can do”. Actually he is very caring & loving. We love each other very much, after discussing this issue, he looks sad & dull, he has not done shaving from 1 week (may be he feels, without shaving he might look little old). I’m not able to see him feeling sad, in turn I feel much sad"

If you love him so much...then why crib about looks now
    notdonesmiley get over it, accept him and feel proud you have a good looking, tall _ handsome hubby...

Let's see what the other have got to say though waitingsmiley

2 people like this.
  5. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Please ignore this, it is your relationship and what you share that matters in a marriage, not age, not looks, not height, weight etc. If you love each other, none of these things should matter, people will talk for something or the other. If your husband does not mind, why should you?

My husband himself used to feel that he was not taken seriously since he looked younger, he grew moustache that kind of adds a few years to the face....that might help a bit in your case too, but trust me, it really doesnt mattter and yes you are LUCKY! Many women will tell you that.

2 people like this.
  6. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

This is nothing to worry about. People will tlk. They will find some or the other reason to talk, make you feel uncomfortable. Ignore them.

1 person likes this.
  7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

My spouse is very beautiful and much younger to her age. In contrast I am to her, no friends of mine commented so far, at least in front of me :)

External beauty is something that differs from person to person, see otherwise I wouldn't have got a beautiful spouse :)

Don't worry about those comments, as long as you both are happy.

2 people like this.
  8. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Walk with confidence and you both have chose eachother coz you found each other as perfect life partner for eachother.
    If ever you come across some one who comments which makes you feel sad or awkward..answer them with a Smile 'He is my Husband' Full stop...further if required then add 'Yeah he is very lucky to have me and so am I ;-)' and then simply wink to your husband and walk out...

Believe us, what others thinks does not matters ur husband loves you and u love him for him what matters counts...dont look or feel sad coz you are still newly wedded so dont send wrong msg across to your DH as well...else after few more months he too will be tired of explaining you to ignore such comments...

If you will react those ppl who comments on you or ur husband will continue to commenting...So you decide to shut their mouth with your confidence or to let them go on...

Also, some ppl who comments might not be having any intention to hurt you.

So enjoy beautiful phase of ur marriage...Touch wood
    God bless you both

2 people like this.
  9. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

Sorry, but I don't find your line of thought reasonable. You should not only be happy about it, you must as well learn to take this reality in your stride and to your advantage.
    Please develop more sense of humour to deal with comments on your husband's youthful looks, that you don't like.

You must attend the upcoming function. Why give unnecessary pain to your DH. Just go through the other posters' woes - you'd realise that your woe is much smaller and manageable!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

People do have a tendency to look for something you don't appreciate much. That is
    the way of our world. Ignore them. If you do care for others comment you will be the
    one who will suffer . He loves you is not that enough for you to treasure?You lucky
    girl got a loving husband ! Why are you crying for?

1 person likes this.