1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My bad married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shari2003, Sep 18, 2014.

1. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

My apologies, but this is a rant; a long rant!

I am tired and sick of responsibilities and I think I am approaching a breaking point. I find it really tough to handle a job, home, two kids (9 yrs and 4 months), social commitments and everything else ALONE.....
    While the Dh is happily leading his life in the other side of the earth. Its not that I am complaining, but, I want to lead a normal married life with him. I am tired of this life over phone and skype. I also want to be pampered! Any marriage, any family function, I have to attend alone, and I feel as if people around are having a gala time with their spouses, while am slogging like this!

I am at work, but, just not able to concentrate. And, my job requires a lot of creativity and innovative thinking which I am not able to give. Also, I am not able to be the best mother, daughter, wife, nothing. It has become so bad that I view happy people around me with a lot of jealousy....

Discussed this with DH, and he says its only for 2-3 more years and all this sacrifice is for a good future for the kids and for our peaceful retired life... He also says he is calling me every morning and evening, and spending good time on skype every weekend, and he is doing everything to make life comfortable for me and kids...But what is the point of thinking of a great life ahead if we are not able to enjoy the present? Its not that we were not saving when he was also working in India. But now, he has bought some property, and I also have to continue working to be able to close off the loans and to meet all expenses decently.

He has promised a month of vacation when we could join him once every year, but, am not happy....I wear good cloths, drive a good car, live in a pretty house.. but.. my life feels empty!

I know my thoughts are not well-structured, but, afterall I came here to rant....

2. stranger127

stranger127 Silver IL'ite

Hi shari,

Am also in the same boat as yours but in a much worser situation as I never had any of these so called marital happiness ever since I got married. Problems are attacking me from all possible direction. Career, living alone, in laws problem, parents health, staying away from hubby since marriage, no plans for future, children and it just goes. There had been plenty of nights I had cried badly for this twist in my destiny but what makes me move on is the hope that this too shall pass away.
    I also do skype chatting & talk on phone thats it..God did not allow me to be with H even in this most crucial foundation period of life. In your case you are secured & have two beautiful kids to share your time, happiness with. If you are unhappy it would have a impact on the kids who are already missing their dad. Dont ever feel that you are bad wife or mom. You are doing your level best to maintain the balance. Actually its a good thing that you miss your hubby and this is going to increase your love by many folds. There are many out there who dont even miss their spouses and lead a life for themselves. Coming to functions people put their happy faces on compulsion. We really dont know what actually are they going through. So chill
    To distract yourself you can plan some vacation with kids, visit your parents, skype chat with hubby whenver time permits. Be happy, pleasant & do somr activities together online be it eating, playing with kids whatever.
    I bet you wont be in the same ranting mood all time. Its just a phase. Everything will be fine..Dont worry be happy:)

4 people like this.
  3. JustLikeYou

JustLikeYou Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

Since you mentioned you have a 4 month old, did you get yourself checked for postpartum depression? Esp in your case, in appears like you seem to live alone just with the kids, is it possible to have your parents live with you for a short while?

4. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Yours is not a bad married life. Marriage is more than physical proximity.

It can be frustrating on many levels to stay physically apart. Remember that it is temporary.set a fixed date before which either he returns or you join him.

You both seem to love and cherish each other and this period of separation would only strenghten your relation. Being together physically but poles apart in mind is much worse than being temporarily apart physically but longing for each other.

5. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

I can see ur living with all the faclities of this world with good financial background .. think abt the ppl who still cant able to meet their basic needs and struggling abroad for better tomorrow.. also cant able to call two times a day .. thats the real genuine saperation.. ur case is different .. since both are working then if love is more priority then can unite and find the job together .. else the future of kids is more important so needs to sacifice some thing to get some thing

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I believe ..it is not possible to have everything in life...at least not in a short period of time .You get to choose what you want and what you can live without. You both have made some choices keeping your preferences in mind.

7. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

I do understand, YM. Staying apart for this long was not my choice. He wanted me to continue working, so, we could invest in land and save better for kids' future and for retirement planning (both of us work in IT and do not have pensions etc.). I also understand that kids and I are getting to live a good life (beautiful home, good school, great vacations every year etc). But, I always preferred to live together, even if luxuries weren't there. I valued togetherness more. Anyways, I tell myself everyday that life is like that, and this sacrifice is for a great life ahead.... but sometimes just cant bear!

8. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Yes.. you're right. I should count my blessings...

9. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Hmm... this separation has actually done a lot of good to us to understand each other better and become more attached. We did have marital problems due to IL's interference, and now we have learnt to see through those minor issues and truly be there for each other. It has helped to strengthen our relation a lot...

10. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

It's strange people take their biggest gamble in something so very important in their lives like marriage. I am not by any means hinting of doing away with marriage. But is there no credible alternative to marriage in maintaining relations between the sexes?