1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband sends adult jokes to another woman

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pm19, Sep 12, 2014.

1. pm19

pm19 New IL'ite

Dear All,
    We have been recently married..an arranged marriage. I knew he is a private person and he needs his own space. I am ready to give him his space. But recently I just came across an adult joke being shared between my husband and his ex-colleague.
    I have never received a single forwards/adult jokes from his so far.I felt ignored and insulted.
    When I expressed my concern, he said i am too curious and he cannot help it. When I asked him if he can take it so light if i forward such a message to a male friend , he said he won't mind if it is my friend. I just can't believe how he was able to take it so light.
    Am i too narrow minded or outdated? Am I exaggerating things? Help me.

Regards,
    PM

2 people like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We can judge better if you share the joke.

15 people like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well.. he is just one of those guys who wants to spice up his marriage or feel wanted by other women.Some men LIKE attention from other women NOT necessarily sexually.
    If you feel this is disrespectful to you,you have every right to tell him point blank that you feel offended about this. If I was in your situation,I would be embarrassed and will confront my hubby about it. if he had sent adult jokes like this to his female colleague coz personally I won't be ok with him sending adult jokes to other ladies.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  4. Ujju

Ujju Senior IL'ite

Dear,

Never ever neglect such kind of issues. I dealt with such mentality for longer time. I was scared because he was strong mentality and I was very gentle and innocent. As long as you will not confront it , the other person will take it for granted. Fixing a problem in married life in initial stage is always suggestible. Do not prolong it . Or talk to family who can take care of it.
    But same time do not think aggressive but try to fix it. ALL THE BEST.

5. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the joke. Yes, it's for adults and so he shared this with another adult. We need to grow up. And it's time we did. Please share other jokes he may send and ask him to put you also on his mailing list.

1 person likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Question is...is his ex colleague male or female ???
    It could make a difference?

If it is a male friend, probably like how we ladies share personal talk with our other lady friends and have fun..it could be that way.

Well if it is a female colleague...Hmm.. a husband sharing an adult joke with another female,that too an ex colleague..is it ok or not??

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Naughty R.. you did it again.. you want a wife share jokes with strange men! waitingsmiley

8 people like this.
  8. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

This issue here happens when men is not getting what they need from the partners and ya ur correct men always have a tendency for other women always before and after marriage .. the purity lies and depends on the individual and how the couple maintain it .. this act is always wrong and men should love only one person always .. but just for joke to laugh its fine ... but be carefull not too make it a habbit ...

2 people like this.
  9. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

What is important is a very healthy and open friendship shorn of all that hypocrisy. And I agree with you about "not to make it a habit" of not sharing.

1 person likes this.
  10. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Good point is now corporate sector too such acts are seen common and ppl use it for laughs .. so just take it easy and make fun of it with ur husband and try to attract him towatds u as making joke on it and that way can have some fun with ur partner too