1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Desparatewife, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Desparatewife

Desparatewife New IL'ite

Hello All,
    Thanks for stopping by, long post, cannot put everything what I went thru..
    Need some advice from all the people out there. I apologize for the long post. I live in USA, married for 6 years; have a 3 year old daughter. Mine was arranged marriage. My husband almost got engaged with some other girl and was broke due to some differences. He had relationship with other girls and he was a big time flirt (He used to flirt with girls in front of me). I had a Bf before marriage and due to some reasons did not work out. My husband is very outgoing, jovial, and possessive. very short tempered, and he wants me to do things which pleases him, and wanted me to talk how he wants me to and always tried to put in my mind what he plans for our life. I feel dominated, manipulated and abused. He always wants to hear what he wants to hear from me and make me repeat his words the way he wants. Within 4 months of marriage, he hit me out of anger because we were arguing on something and then I was brain washed saying that no one loves me and all that typical drama. He does not have good relation with his parents and he used to tell that they don’t love him and they always discriminated him and his brother, his parents have always supported his brother. After the first physical abuse, he hit me twice and one time my mouth was bleeding. He used fight and fight for hours, I am not girl who wants to fight or nag things, I want to forget and move on, but he keeps bringing back and I cannot forget. He used to ask me to hold his private part and massage him in the night to put him to sleep..( What about me and my feelings??). He is very short tempered and I am scarred he would hurt himself and me. There are some instances where he has hurt his forehead because he was arguing on something and he wanted to prove his point right. Why does this happen, why does Men always wants to prove their point. The journey has been hell. I came in as Visitor Visa, I wanted to do Masters but was convince to apply for H1B visa, the visa got denied, I had to apply for my college and convert my Visa to Student so that he could change his status from H1 to EAD and move on in his life. I was full time student and he wanted me to work full time for which I resisted again I was brainwashed and agreed to what he said, luckily I got job, worked for 4 mos and all my salary I gave it to him and I did not think about the money, I was happy, forgotten how he treated me. After completing 2 years of marriage, I got pregnant and was forced to search job but I was adamant and did not wanted to work. In 11 weeks of ultrasound we found out that my daughter is suffering from Heart defect, we were devastated.

My daughter was born with Heart defect, could not breast feed her, she came home after 2 open heart surgeries and Gtube(the tube connected to tummy to feed milk and food). I had to pump milk every 3 hours and feed her milk thru mouth and whatever she does not take; I had to feed her thru gtube. My life was hell. I could not hold her for first 1 month of her life. Then the problem between me and husband became worse. He was working 2 jobs which we did not want; he wanted to make some money. When my daughter came home, my in laws were there and I cannot ask any help from them. So I asked some help for my husband, he could not find what I was asking and I told him ‘you cannot do one thing which I asked’ it triggered him and hit me while holding the baby in front of MIL. I walked out of the house with baby but My MIL followed me and bought me back home, as soon as I stepped house, my hus kicked me from behind and I am still holding baby. Thankfully my baby was safe. I had bruises and my Mil did not tell me anything not even single word. I have problem with my FIL, he taunts and he keeps making fun of other people. My FIL fought with me and that was my breaking point in my life to not to respect him. I am mom of sick child and going thru so much and my FIL wants to prove his point rt. My IL’s left and my mom came to help me, and she could not bear how my husband was treating and kept asking me if he is taking care of me, my husband used to tell in front of my mom that he will hit and break all my teeth. At one point, I broke down and told her what all happened how he treated and controlling. I am not able to express everything here cos my life is novel. My mom escalated to my dad and more problems began because I informed my parents of his behavior and went thru hell for 3 years. He abused me physically, mentally, emotionally and sexually. There are instances that I was asked to shave my private parts in the middle of the night. I was hit, choked and spit saliva on my face and punish me saying I need to do 10sit up’s sometimes. Went through so much of emotional and mental abuse saying I am burden, I did not have strength to feed my baby, I am waste in this world, my family is gutter, my family is bad omen for him, and my dad promised a property and gold during the wedding and he could not give during the wedding so my husband sent his dad and his mama to my parents’ house to demand whatever my dad has promised, I was shattered. This created more problems, obviously at this pint of my life, I will support my dad and not my husband, any girl would have done the same. It would have been very easy for me to call 911 and I know everyone would have supported me. I did not do that thinking about his future & career. I was blamed and kept nagging about the situation for hours together. Put me thru hell, I have to take care of my baby and her feeding and her physical. I have to get up 5 times in the night to feed her and no help from husband; he used to sleep in different room saying he does not want to sleep with me.

After all this, I finished my college and got a full time job, He wanted his mom n dad to come and help with the baby, I agreed somehow. I had to cook, take care of everyone, no help because I had put a condition that IL’s will take care of baby only. He started abusing me sexually; he wants sex no matter how tired I am. He tells me his body needs sex, and he can hire a maid to help me with the chores and ask me not to get tired. He reminds me today is the sex day and not to get tired. Sometimes if I am sleeping after the long day, wake me up and ask for sex, I consider it as rape for me. I could not say no just to avoid any fights between us. Few times he has asked me if I want to sleep with other Men. He taunts me the way I dress, or put nail polish. He always said he is with me for the sake of my baby; he loves my daughter very much. There were so many fights, blames and he does not even sleep with me on the same bedroom. If he wants something he will come to me and after he is done, nothing to do with me, he will go and call his frens back home and will be on Phone till mid night. So I asked him for divorce and he got scared and started showing me his love but I had already made up my mind to leave and take my baby, I asked divorce twice but he denied. I wanted to share this with somebody so I emailed to ex BF, he started pouring love on me and I fell in love with him but I did not wanted to remarry, I did not wanted to go thru hell but was still confused about the marriage and my relation. I went to India and I planned to visit my Ex to his place, I met him for 2 days and something happened which should not have happened between us. I came back to USA and asked for divorce, he denied and out of frustration I made statements which I should have never made, I told my hus to keep the daughter and I will go away and was asking to sign the divorce paper. And one day I confessed to him that I was in relation with my ex and all the confession was recorded and started using against me. He fwd the recordings to his bro, my uncle and to his female fren. I was devastated; he planned, and made a trap to confess what happened. Then I spoke to my uncle abt wat happened how his treatment. He came and told us to get counselling for all the hurts. I confessed everything to him so that we can start fresh life. But being men he is not able to take the betrayal, I understand . Every day he taunts me, blames me and wants to accept it that’s it’s my entire fault and none of his fault. My point is, if there is broken marriage, the problem is both husband and wife. If he treated me good, why would I end up in this pathetic situation, why would I seek someone’s love? I committed sin which I cannot reverse it. Want to ask the people who are reading this was it my mistake for what happened? I told my husband I will take the responsibility for the sin I committed and he does not want to talk about his taunting, torturing behavior. He comments on girls private part, always crack dirty jokes, tries to flirt around girls…. Tell mean things about how people look… I don’t know what to do? Continue with the marriage or end the marriage. We both went thru counselling, the counsellor said straight on face, I need to support the victim and you have to change the way you talk to your wife or exaggerate the problem so he does not want to go for counselling with me anymore. I never asked or demanded for money or vacations from him. All I wanted is pampering and good love words from him.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

2. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

Very Sorry to know what all happened to you in your life, now how is the cute little child doing? do take care of her.

There are 239 views and nobody responded .... donno Y?

What made you to say that you would leave your child to your husband and quit, dont you like your kid, yes you Love your kid ( I have to take care of my baby and her feeding and her physical. I have to get up 5 times in the night to feed her and no help from husband; he used to sleep in different room )

Are you Independent ( financinally) good enough to take care of your kid? are you working now? If not search for a Job and take the support from your parents and stay away from him the very next min dont have to wait anymore.

He abused me physically, mentally, emotionally and sexually --- these reasons are enough to stay away and file a Divorce, dont ever and never let yourself down, Self respect is more important in life and never let people to take it away from you.

Is your Ex married? or unmarried, if unmarried is he ready to accept you with the kid the way you are? or think is he utilizing the situations around you and pampering you?
    Take a wise decision ...

I suggest instead of thinking to remarry now, first concentrate on getting away from him and take care of your little one, she needs you very badly!

Good things and Good life is always with you dont worry, there is lot in the store for you and God be with you in all the critical situations! Trust in yourself and trust in GOD.

3 people like this.
  3. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Very sad to read your post op,u seem to be in a confused state, u said u want relation with ur ex-bf but went to counselling with your DH?? Is ur bf married or single, wht's his opinion on ur relationship, is he ready to accept u& ur baby, if u can get answers to all these&feel to have a happy&peaceful life with him, then go ahead, pls take wise decisions,Good luck!!

4. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

A big hug dear . My heart breakers when I read a post like yours. You should have left him long ago. I do not know what's your take on this but it's very hard to live with a person who has put you through so much. I would suggest him leave him. Live with your parts for sometime. Give yourself a break. Go for some therapy. Put yourself together for your daughter. No matter how much love he shows. Men like him never change. May god give enough strength to go through all this.

1 person likes this.
  5. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Sorry for some grammar mistakes. I type with a toddler around. I meant live with your parents.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  6. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

Dear feel so sorry to read your post. Its not easy to leave a relationship , it becomes more difficult if you have kids. You have gone through a lot so its not advisable to continue this relationship. If your ex bf is willing to accept you and your child, plan a future with him. For the time being take a break, your parents will definitely help you.Can you live with out your child? Life is all yours live the way you want to. Be bold. May God bless you.
    Wish you all the best.

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is not rape for you. It is rape, period. You live in a country where martial rape is illegal. So you had sex with an ex once. At worst you are guilty of infidelity, which maybe grounds for divorce, but is not legally a crime. He rapes you, and beats you, both of which are felonies. You are educated and financially independent. Any specific reason you are still putting up with this psychopath? You should have walked out the first time he laid hands on you. Your husband is exactly the sort of man for whom domestic violence laws were invented. That sorry excuse for a human needs to be in prison. Call the cops and send the POS to jail.

7 people like this.
  8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

9. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

looks like a sad movie story.... but it is ur mistake to stay married and take the abuse.. u have no self respect and spine so u keep living in the marraige...

so either get out of the marraige or just keep living without complaining...

1 person likes this.
  10. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Leave your husband ASAP and run fast as you can.I wouldn't say that you did sin with your ex.You were in emotionally bad state and you fell for him.

I'm not sure how were you able to bare that much with your hubby.Don't even think for a minute.He is not even deserve to call your husband.He is a monster.