1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to do?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pry, Aug 20, 2014.

1. pry

pry New IL'ite

What to do?
    My husband wants me to be superior to him in every thing, and behaves like I did favour to him by marrying him. My parents made me marry him due to his good job and career. He loves me a lot, but encourages me to wear high heel which makes me look like a giant in front of him and he holds my arm like. In addition, he encouraged me for higher studies and helped me to get job in his company as his boss. After jump in my career, he got too possessive for me, and all the time at home looks for my attention.

He is a very good in personal and private life except that he wants me to control everything including him. I have a feeling that he purposely married me and made me study for 5 years to higher degree than him. Although, he loves me a lot like crazy, but I feed bad when he gets upset like a woman and I need to pampers him to make him smile. Sometime I feel pity about him that he took my role of dependent wife, and don't hesitate crying in front of me. His possessiveness makes me angry sometime and I push him to wall in anger, but he seems to have no problem with me overpowering him.

2. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Junior IL'ite

STRANGE..!!!
    Its ok pry..now with ur authority assign him some tasks which make him feel like a head of the family..
    For eg, tell him to plan ur monthly finance..and follow his plans...
    Order him to b protective wen u go out..

But from some angle...u looking lyk a very lucky women..but I undstd u got irritated by that behaviour...
    Whatever u want him to do and howevr u want him to b...order him that thing with ur authority..
    Always remind him that he is the head of the family

3. pry

pry New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.
    Because I am busy with my career, I have passed him many of the jobs esp monthly finance management. We never got situation outside for him to protective.
    In reality, I feel myself lucky, but only get irritated sometime when he asks for attention when I am working for urgent office work.
    There is not a single day when I don't remind him that he is a husband... but in reply he says that yes he is husband who feels proud that all husbands job is handled by wife...
    I feel very impressed with his sweet walk... he is such a sweet person that I never thought of...

4. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Junior IL'ite

Atleast in weekends try to plan some outings and order him to bhave like a protective husband..

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Changed roles and changed personalities..

6. pry

pry New IL'ite

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you suggest me some way to ask him to behave with to be more protective husband?
    I don't know the reason he choose me for marriage even when I was standing 2inch taller and much stronger than him. That time my parents and I accepted the relation because of his high profile career. He insists me to wear very high heel. Even without heel, he only has an option to hold my hand outside... I feel upset with my mature and older look (because of my height) sometime... he doesn't fee embarrass at moments some clients think him as my assistant, and moments in parties when people see me in saree and think me as his elder sister or aunty :(.
    How can I make him behave protective for me with this case?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  7. pry

pry New IL'ite

what does this mean?

8. pry

pry New IL'ite

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you suggest me some way to ask him to behave with to be more protective husband?
    I don't know the reason he choose me for marriage even when I was standing 2inch taller and much stronger than him. That time my parents and I accepted the relation because of his high profile career. He insists me to wear very high heel. Even without heel, he only has an option to hold my hand outside... I feel upset with my mature and older look (because of my height) sometime... he doesn't fee embarrass at moments some clients think him as my assistant, and moments in parties when people see me in saree and think me as his elder sister or aunty :(.
    How can I make him behave protective for me with this case?

9. pry

pry New IL'ite

what does this mean?

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It means you are trying to be his husband, and he is trying to be your wife both physically, emotionally and socially. Mixed roles are fine, as long as you both remain the same personalities (as man and woman) in all the aspects except for a few adjustments such as he supports you in the house, and you being his boss at office. But his emotional dependency on you, and longings as a wife, and his reactions afterwards are bit strange. On the other hand, you enjoying your role as a superior in his office, and treating him like a wife (not sure from where I read that, but your post tells me the same somehow: sorry if I am wrong) is not great either.

A balanced family needs reasonable couples.

Seriously, there are some red flags. Your husband wants a mother or an elder sister out of you, and not a wife.
    He acts like a small or teen boy, who would find comfort at the presence of his protective mom

Somehow the way your husband behaves sounds unreasonable for me.