1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeling shy.... how can I get over this...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mariselviprabu, Jul 22, 2014.

1. mariselviprabu

mariselviprabu Silver IL'ite

Hi frds , have been planning to post it for long time. Finally decided to post it.
    I have been married for 5 yrs now. Hubby works out of station and comes home monthly once . The issue is when ever he comes home , I ll plan to greet him , like holding hands, putting my arms around , nd all those romance we see on TV. But the moment I see him coming out of airport , my legs turn jelly , I feel shy nd awkward as if I am seeing him for the first time . believe me this happens every time. But He ll just casually take my arms. Don't know what happens to me. I ll relax after getting home only.

Can I over come this shyness thing. I am an outspoken person, it really strange for myself to act like this.

Frds pls help me. How to impress him. He is coming this Saturday.

Regards,

3 people like this.

2. mariselviprabu

Also do any of you feel the same way ....

3. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

Don't try to change yourself.. you are unique in your way.. be yourself :thumbsup

5 people like this.
  4. RemyaSatya

RemyaSatya Bronze IL'ite

Really felt so nice seeing your post, Not to offend you, I am sorry If I did.

My hubby was kind of your character, he dont express his love in public. He says there will be "Bad eye, from the people who look at us, all people are not having good impression on PDA(Public Display of Affection)". He dont even like to talk to me when our parents are around, especially his parents. And I was kind of opposite. I ask for his opinion on anything and everything, especially when I am with his parents. I used to fight with him for this saying I am his legal wife, and that too got married through an arranged marriage. Only after 3 years of marriage he agree to hold my hand when we go for walking/shopping etc. Now he dont feel shy talking to me when his parents are around, and he confidently seeks my opinion on things which I am involved.

So dont worry, be urself, and If you really want to do all that try gradually. You will be able to show your love, care and affection.

4 people like this.
  5. mariselviprabu

Thanks for the quick response. Atleast there is some like me. It made me feel better friendssmiley

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Take small steps. Hold hands at home.Start walking arm in arm when you go shopping. Give him a small hug at the airport....some day you will be able to make it a big one. Check if your husband likes his shy bride better...if so...listen to littl.

7. TheUnhappyWife

TheUnhappyWife Silver IL'ite

Hey, this is so romantic. Why do you want to change this ? Very few can feel like this after 5 years of marriage. I would say, keep it up!

6 people like this.
  8. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

OP,

Please dont try to change how you feel. Your DH may actually be enjoying this aspect ;-)

2 people like this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

PDA is difficult when in the town we live in. Even now, we are conscious in our town or airport but when we go out of town or at an amusement park, we don't have inhibitions (of course limited to holding hands or occasional kissing).

So, try to be comfortable when you are away from your town and hopefully then it will be easier for you to do so in your town as well.

10. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

vow so many cute threads coming in:)

I give him that huge broad smile with a hi (either he coming to my place or me going to his).. And as soon as he hugs me tight calling out "DEAR" aloud I would see ppl looking at us some smiling some staring I feel a bit uneasy like I start sweating a bit...But it goes off in a moment..Then who cares we start walking hand in hand:)

Do what is comfortable for you but Dont forget to put that beautiful smile on your face:).& let him do what is comfortable for him..:)

Have a gr8 weekend:)