1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My life is unhappy :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by preethivignesh, Jul 19, 2014.

1. preethivignesh

preethivignesh Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Please help me to get out of my situation pls.

I got married in 2009. My DH was jobless at that time and I was with a reputed MNC. He wanted to do his MBA and had quit his IT job. All these were told before our marriage and we agreed to them. My DH finished his MBA in 2011. All happy. I referred him in my company in London and he was placed in Nov 2011. Was double happy. We didnt plan for the baby till now for obvious reasons.

The tragedy happened on Jan 2012(Yes, the month after he got his job) that I got TB in London :( Life shattered :(:( My DH protected me like his own child and got me out of the disease in 2 years :( Yes, its long timee... Now we are in the 5 th year of the marriage. Till now, we haven't planned of a baby.. I am turning 30 this year and was all worried. I am crying everyday thinking of all these.

I could not predict the sex drive of my DH. He is not showing interest in bed. I thought it was a long break and I need to be more patient. I have been waiting for 7 long months for something to happen in my life. But pwww:(((( He says that he wants baby but he is getting mood at wrong times(like while taking bath or when I am sleeping in the morning hours) I told him that I want baby at any cost. Since we are living outside India, I have told him that I would not return back to India till I have baby.

Everytime when I hear from my friends about their babys, I feel like killing myself. I get suicidal thoughts. My DH postpones this every month and I feel very low :((( Please help me guys to get out this. I want him to understand my worry. He tend to forget whatever I tell immediately. He concentrates more on Video games and not to me :((((

P.S: Till now my Inlaw's are understanding but cant expect them to be the same forever.

2. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

When you want to conceive, there is no right or wrong time for IC. Whenever he is in mood you also get the mood and enjoy. Sacrifice your morning sleep for baby. Try to change your sleep timings to suit your husband's desires. Since, it has been long, first do it whenever it happens. Gradually, things may happen as per your wish and timings.

To make him understand the importance of having a baby early, take him to a gynecologist, who can explain him the problems that arise due to delaying.

Good luck for your wish to come true early.

2 people like this.
  3. TheUnhappyWife

TheUnhappyWife Silver IL'ite

If you want baby at any cost, convert that wrong time into right time! Be open for it even in the wrong time.
    My husband is no better as far as wanting baby is concerned. I wonder if they are all running from commitment and seeking refuge in video games, movies, friends etc!

Getting Suicidal thoughts ? Too Bad! - Life is about being patient. Be more patient. See cases where babies are born after 5-7 years. Also, utilize this freedom and independence in something you always wanted to do.

But yes, do make your hubby understand the ill-effects of having baby after 30.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. hellosister

hellosister Silver IL'ite

Having a baby is not a race..... if some people have baby in their earlier part of life doesn't mean that is the norm everyone should follow...... there are lot of people who prefer babies late..... you have baby whenever you are mentally, emotionally,physically and economically ready for it . if you are this depressed even before having a baby then how would you handle the child after delivery..... you will have so many different types of tension after baby...... firstly you have to come out of this thought that u must have baby now.... the moment you think about must have,slightest change of plan will disappoint you..... nothing will happen to you or your baby if you happen to have baby after 30... you can have your first baby untill 35 without any complication to both baby and mother.... but of course if you keep thinking negative you might spoil your health which you don't want now.... your husband is also a very good person and you both are fine... just don't over think things.... video games might have become addiction since he was also sad when you were ill and now he might find it difficult to come out of addiction thats it.. Go out plan some holiday trip etc... you will have baby whenever god feels you are ready for it and he knows when things are good and better for you... his plans are better than anybody's for you.... Good luck for your life and first give time to each other without any planning of future life.... enjoi this moment :) stay happy :)

4 people like this.
  5. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

You waited for almost 5years, though you had health issues in between. Now the baby had popped up in your mind, great thought. First if you want it at any cause if he does not understand your need then go his way.. Yesterday i went thru an article where it was mentioned as in your case that men have rise in testosterons during day time at peak in morning hours, so you adapt for that. see once he is into sexual life after long gap he might slowly get his mood and drive back so work on it. first go his way then bring him your way or both travel as per your sexual needs..
    Suicide is just a minute destruction, always remember, its easy to destroy, difficult to create so don't jump in to such nonsense instead try ways on how to bring back his sexual drive..
    Also make sure that he is also ready to welcome the baby as baby is the gift for both and not only for you.. though you bear it and going to look after it, his participation, contribution and responsibility is equally important. both of you sit and discuss the issue, share your feelings with him. Make yourself more sexually appealing to drive him as you mentioned its long gap, so take all efforts to bring back the excitement in your bedroom.. put in Innovative ideas and work ..sooner you will be blessed with a baby.. best wishes...:2thumbsup:

6. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

I came into the world 8 years after my parents marriage.I have a friend who took so many complicated procedures in her desperation to have a child.when she failed her husband stood by her and guided her towards adoption.The baby girl filled her life with joy and she gave birth to a baby boy after 4 years without any treatment.She treasures her daughter as a life giver.So relax ,it's not the end of the world.Life is so beautiful stop worrying .Sex with a purpose can be so boring, counting your periods more stressful.Feel free to meet a counselor if in need. Concentrate in romancing and enticing him than in actual sex (this will work better than baby talk).A child is the fruit of love not of desperation or hard work .Enjoy life and consider each day a blessing.May god bless you dear.

2 people like this.
  7. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

y don't u go for IVF... it seems that is the best way to "make" a baby for people who want them on schedule.. so try that...

8. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Instead of crying for baby infront of husband just make sure your you look sexy (in classy way) when you are around your husband.Desperate body language is huge turn off for many men.Play romantic songs ,dress well and just ignore him for a while.Let him come around you that you running behind him crying for baby.

1 person likes this.
  9. RemyaSatya

RemyaSatya Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I too have similar thoughts what so many others have put forward in above comments.
    I can support u with my own story, I was married in early 2008. Now with a 11 month old DD.
    Our Jobs were taking turns to make us apart every alternate year for atleast 6 months. In last 6 years we 15 months was the longest duration we were together thats when we were in Dubai . And we obviously didnt have a plan for a baby then as we wanted to enjoy our life and freedom. We enjoyed during that period alot, with a lot of outings, vacations etc. Then after another 6 months break we were back in India together, still his job was making him shuttling for weekdays, and we were weekend family. To be frank We never seriously thought about having kids, even when it was our 5th year of marriage, and had alot of pressure from both the parents, and obviously relatives/friends questions and give an odd look. Both of us used to ignore it with a smile, say to ourselves that its our wish to have a baby and when we need to have. We never allowed others to plan our life especially in case of a baby which will affect our whole life style. We were kind of best friends, and we say we are just live-in-together couple and not committed to anyone. To be frank even now we dont feel like we are married and married life responsibilities. I explained so much to tell you "Be free.. Dont think about others... what they want...!!! Be confident, dont show that you are so desperate especially in front of your relatives and parents, they will come up with a lot of ideas and stories... which will more stress you out."

Let me come to the baby, to be frank the second line in the HPT kit was a surprise to us, and we never expected it to happen that at that month. We were kind of doing a lot of travel during that month, and never had even a day/weekend to lie down just relaxing. During that busy month, We just did IC only once that too in afternoon, and it was not on a right day(it was my 19th day of that month - My cycles were not regular though.). So there is no time/day for IC even for TTC or not. Its our mood, and love make it happen. Just be happy and enjoy your life. Dont make love just for the baby.
    We were kind of ready to have baby by then, just that we never planned for one or did IC to have one. We never took any precaution for that matter in our life. We just made it a rule, let it happen whenever it has to happen. And I was even diagnosed to have symptoms of PCOS when I went for executive check up. Just didnt do any treatment too.
    We had to do a second test to make sure, yeah its the "good news"!!! :2thumbsup:
    I was 28 at that time, and I didnt have any troubles during the pregnancy and delivery. A healthy baby in hand. All happy going one, TOUCHWOOD...!!!

Even now a lot of people think that we had some fertility treatment and they just dont have any proofs to cook up stories. Who cares...!!!:crazy

Now I am with a naughty lil girl, who dont even sit idle for a second. Now we dont get time for anything... forget about love...!!! gigglingsmiley

So to conclude, "Be happy, Be confident, No stress, Enjoy Life, Enjoy the freedom, No bad thoughts of suicide, Just Love, Love, and Love...!!!":kiss

Make your hubby interested, with a hug/kiss when he is least expecting it, make his favourite food, preferably sweet, have it as a surprise post dinner and may be in the darkness of a bedroom. yumsmiley Be romantic and loving and caring...!!!

All the best ... Things will fall in place... Pray well...!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  10. preethivignesh

preethivignesh Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot everyone for boosting me when I was down. Yes, I will make sure that I don't pressurise myself. I am calm and relaxed these days. I am understanding my husband and he too listens me :) I will meet you all with an excellent news very soon. Thanks for your prayers and kind words :))))