1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Had a dream getting raped !!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Jun 2, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Possibly the WORST feeling in the world....

I had a dream getting raped by two men.I guess coz I was reading yesterday about some articles about rape victims..I did not feel the sorrow until I felt it!!

I got up all sweaty,went to the restroom and puked.I felt so uneasy and could not sleep all night.It was like a near death experience and felt so much humiliation.I do not have words to describe more..

I feel extremely sorry for every rape victim in the world.
    However,with this nirbhaya case..WHEN ON EARTH ARE THEY GOING TO CARRY ON THE DEATH SENTENCE????? ONLY WHEN THOSE CREATURES ARE HANGED WILL HER SOUL WILL REALLY REST IN PEACE..

4 people like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

So many views and not one reply??

Anyways let me be the first one..I have had dreams too like being in an accident or being mugged etc..I think when we are affected by something it accesses our subconscious mind and then it haunts us in dreams too.I am sure it must be horrible to be caught in a dream like that.

As for the Nirbhaya case,even I have wondered why they have not carried out the death sentence yet..It is very sad.

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dreams are just dreams. Try not to get too affected by them.

Yes...we do live in a sick country with sick people .Gang rape and hang,Gang rape and force to drink acid,Gang rape and then set fire.

3 people like this.
  4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

I wish the Government soon announces death of those brutal criminals. They should be severely punished that no men will ever think of these things like in GCC countries...

1 person likes this.
  5. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Dreams are dreams.........! But the sensitivity behind it..... one should appreciate it........!

2 people like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Co-incidentally I have been reading a lot about Acid cases. The disfigured fases behind everyone's worst experience make me totally upset now. I am working on a case, which is almost a similar one. So gathering a lot of info in the net, which will surely bring a similar dream tonight.

2 people like this.
  7. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Who said it is better in GCC countries? Recently an employer(lady) threw boiling water over a maid cos she was late in getting coffee!! Indonesia banned its citizens from getting jobs in Saudi for a while.. So many instances.in GCC also.. Sickos are everywhere, atleast in India these things get reported!!! As long as the strong see violence as a means to prove whatever over the weak, and as long as we keep watching silently, this wont stop.

1 person likes this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

All I hear is that these things are under reported in India. When it is reported, it becomes unnecessarily publicized by the media. That often re victimize the victims rather than generating public awareness.

After reading rape news and the overwhelmed public "talks' about recent rape, any woman will feel not to report a rape as to avoid being publicized about her personal matters.

Rapes should be encouraged to report only at the Police stations, not in the media. If at all, there is any severe punishment to the rapist, then it should be reported widely. Not the history of the raped victim, who she was planning to marry, what she was wearing and what not. Instead the rapist should be highlighted, shamed in public and the punishment also to be notified. But sadly, when it comes to marketing, I am sure no one is interested to read such stories, but would prefer those "hot-hot' stories of rape cases.

My blood always boils when I read as to "no one cares a woman being raped, naked and dumped in a road". We should bring those faces in to public. Who passed by those streets during "so called' time. Why they behaved in human. What prevented them from reporting this incident to help-lines. Why didn't even they could cover the naked woman with a paper.

I am sure, the ones who protest in the street with banners would also do the same when they see a similar ill fated women.

4 people like this.
  9. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Dear SGBV,
    I am with you on this one.. I guess you are in a position to help out victims( from what I read through your posts).. I am one of those slightly 'vocal only' , otherwise standing in the crowd person.. I know, excuses..
    but what really gets me is, inspite of these kind of extremeties getsting reported, people protesting, outraged, this goes on. There was an incident in my hometown, a school bus driver took a girl (9yrs or so) and her brother, raped both and threw them in a canal to be found.. There was such uproar, the driver and his accomplice were disowned by their own family, the driver was shot in an encounter while trying to escape. Very few people voiced that it was a fake encounter... Most of us shut them up.. People lauded the policemen( I know it was wrong, but...). But, was this an example? No. Did this stop guys raping small children?? No. These days, perversity seems to be on the prowl... So, where are we going wrong?

1 person likes this.
  10. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi YM,

Please do not use world 'Sick' for whole country. I am feeling offended. You are open to express your opinion but not to use these kind of word. I had read /heard many incidents even in USA , UK etc , so it's everywhere..you can not blame whole country because of one. Another reason for hype in India is politics..
    In USA, it might not getting reported as India. One recent, I heard from my manager (who is African American and work for NGO too), one 55 old year American man had abducted 4 school girls (around 20 year back) and kept in basement of his house for 20 years and was raping them regularly. They all became pregnant and delivered babies. He killed all the boys immediately after born and kept girls. Once girls (I guess two girls)completed 8 years , he started raping them more frequently that their moms. Now last year these all ladies/girls got freed with help of a NGO and neighbor who recently shifted . There is no news in any news paper.

Similar is rape in USA, have you heard how many coaches molest their students in USA..but it never come in news even very rare.

I don't want to confront current rape cases in India..but there are few good things as well.

2 people like this.