1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Housewives....pls answer

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by MinaMolly, Jun 2, 2014.

1. MinaMolly

MinaMolly Guest

I am also housewife. Planing to work but no luck.

My question to housewives here: Do you feel financially secured?. What if something very bad happens to husband...then what?. Where will you get money from?.Do you even think of such things?

Thank you.

2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Thats a pessimistic question...please let me remain optimistic...surrendersmiley

6 people like this.
  3. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

NO. as a HW, i am not feel financially secure

4. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Thinking of such things is not really pessimistic, but realistic.

What will happen to a non working housewife, if the husband suddenly dies , is the question which made the concept of LIFE INSURANCE come up.

The husband putting some amount of money in Life Insurance. (eg in India). Life Insurance Companies give a good interest for this money (similar to bank deposits), plus a 'RISK COVERAGE' also.

RISK COVERAGE means, during this scheme ( a scheme lasts for 5 to 25 years ,you can choose the length of it), if the husband dies, then, the whole period's savings will be given to the wife, without completing all the saving deposits. If the husband dies in an unnatural death (other than suicide), then, they pay double the entire money to the wife.

There are many widowed wives, who rear they children, with Life Insurance money and live for decades in self sufficiency.

Your husband should have a strong Life Insurance Policy. If not, go for one, today.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    12 people like this.
  5. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

I am sailing in the same boat. Financially things are where they should be. But a thought of being stuck at home for life is so very daunting. I do not have a career at the moment. I am looking after a toddler which is always so tiring. Hardly leaves me any time to get back to studies. Husband is very supportive, but some times I become lazy or tired or may be both. My daughter did not settle at child are so we thought its good if we wait for some more time for me to get back to work. But I have become so forgetfull that I wonder if I ever will be able to catch up on things? I am 33 I do not know if I wil
    ever be able to have a career ? I ask all these questions myself everyday. Same like you I also think what if something happens to my husband I will get really lonely at home so I must work. I do not know why and when I started thinking like this but sometimes I feel really depressed without any reason. Life is as good as it can be, but still something is missing. I so want to go out and work but I do not know when will that happen. Will someone hire a 33old with more then 3 year gap in career, I do not know. Life at home is such a routine. Only people I interact is DH and DD. This negative and depressing thinking makes it worst for me.

1 person likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am jut like u joyoflife but I really do not care about a career.I feel like I am doing a job just coz I want to be accepted in the society.I will get back but it will be part time so that I get time to do what I like.Since am financially secure,money should not be a probs coz my widowed mom dealt with her kids( me and siblings) very well.She was not working!extremely innocent too! only one thing that helped her is PATIENCE and dad left us some money.She had courage and learnt everything about banking etc and now she is super confident lady!!

Anyways I seriously think nothing to worry.We never know what's going to happen next moment! So many people lose their entire family too in a moment!many things happen.Just BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF GOD (POSITIVE ENERGY) and trust me all will be fine.

3 people like this.
  7. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Are you related to my dh? He thinks the same Q maybe because in his line of work he sees a lot of sad instances when a wife is unable to cope after......
    I am a SAHM but am financially independent I used to work earlier and all my earnings are invested wisely and yes in case of something unfortunate happening I have planned stuff. Yes most husbands I know make their wives think about it because women will never ever think ......
    But I am a very practical person and made my dh buy life insurance as a gift to my first born. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

2 people like this.
  8. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

My dh thinks along the same lines maybe because in his line of work he sees lots of wives unable to cope up after .........
    I am a SHAM now but I used to work earlier and most of my earnings are invested wisely so I feel financially secure also my dh has made me think up of a backup plan.
    I am a very practical person where future of my family is concerned and made my dh buy a life insurance plan as a gift when my first child was born. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

9. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I came back...could not just make you sit with a diplomatic answer of mine...:roll:

Firstly, sometimes I do feel financial insecurity. But for that matter,I have done no solid jobs but kept doing what I felt...part time research, part time programming part time admin!...I saved something,not much but something. I am happy at home with my baby right now but before I smell frustration, I WILL do something. In fact right now I am teaching maths and science for Grade 10 and Grade 11 kids(part time teaching..yep I go random:twisted:)

If you feel you are not in a right position in your life...do something about it. Ask your DH to put some life insurances,give you a part of his salary or at least allow you and support you to work. If you are worthy, then try a job for money.

If nothing works find a way to keep you out of this thoughts....coz, u keep sobbing and thinking,you wont move an atom(well technically yes, but just saying)

3 people like this.
  10. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

One of my friends takes a certain amount from him every month and invests it. Another one buys 1 pair of gold earrings every alternate month with this amount.