1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If this happened, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rinapt, Mar 10, 2014.

1. rinapt

rinapt New IL'ite

I am having trouble with my husband's behavior. Can you please tell me whether I am overacting. I will specify a few instances. I feel disrespected by him. He thinks it is fun.

1. Other day we went out to to buy groceries, he saw a pretty girl and he started oogling at her. He told me he found his life partner (that girl in the grocery store). I ignored it. Then again he was staring at her and was saying since he likes her she is like my sister. We went to the other aisle and she was in another aisle, he said that I should go looking for her and asked me where is my sister. I dont know who that girl is? I feel agonized at this behavior. He does not think this is wrong, he thinks it is fun and justifies that all men do this

2. He knows my facebook pwd and id. He browses through my friends list and one of my friend is very pretty and she had posted her photos which came up in my newsfeed. He saw those photos and he was pestering me to introduce her to him (my husband). When I asked why should I introduce her, he said his friend is looking for a marriage alliance so he thought my friend (girl on facebook) would be a good fit. In reality my husband does not have any unmarried friends and no one is looking for an alliance. It is my husband who just wanted to friend her.

3. One of my neighbor in India was very pretty, she was married. My husband was hitting at her. My husband told me it would be great to have my neighbor as his second wife. I asked what about me? He said he will take care of me as well so that I can take care of my child and he can enjoy on the bed with her (my neighbor). It's been 5 years since I left India and I got to know through common friends that my neighbor got divorced. My husband tries to locate her profile online and I don't know if he has found her profile or not.

These are just few of the many instances I face with him day in and day out. I face this in the shopping mall, grocery store you name it. For all this, he says he only talks and those talks will never be his actions. Can I trust him

Not a single day has he told me I look beautiful. He only keeps looking at other girls and this really affects my self esteem. Usually after arguments, I cry a lot and after years of crying, these days it is affecting my health and sometimes I become incoherent for hours after crying. Is he treating me like trash or am I expecting too much. please help my mind is very cluttered.

2. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

Hugs to you dear. I can understand how hurtful this can be to you. You have plenty of choices:

1. Ignore his comments. If it is extremely difficult
    2. Have an open conversation regarding your feelings. If that goes wasted, try nos 3 below
    3. Reverse Treatment. There are plenty of good looking guys around you! Admiring is not wrong, so go ahead and pour your comments/praises so your husband can 'hear'.
    4. If nothing works, it is time to take a strict action!

8 people like this.
  3. Vindhya

Vindhya New IL'ite

Hez insane.I understand your pain....drooling over another woman after marriage is never acceptable.are you financially dependent on him???? if not then tighten up,enjoy yourself...be free make him jealous let him know that you too have options :). If not i would still do the same but will make sure I have some money first.TC darling...my prayers are with you.

1 person likes this.
  4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to say this but your husband is creepy. Normal me don't behave like this. Give him a dose of his won medicine. Admire other men.

1 person likes this.
  5. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

[h=2]If this happened, what would you do?[/h]if this happend to me, i give a tight slap to my dh. i may spit on his face too....
    u got my answer, so what u going to do?

1 person likes this.
  6. soulhappy

soulhappy Silver IL'ite

I know how it feels when your husband admires other ladies in front of you. My husband in addition to admiring and praising other women, said that am ugly, disgusting to look at..., etc. It hurts a lot.

Next time smilingly tell him that you have lot of men in your family and noone behaves the way he behaves and that you suspect that something is seriously wrong with him
    2)Reverse the treatment. If you feel he crosses his limits, tell that ypu are going to tell your inlaws and his relatives about his inappropriate behaviour.

7. Jlisabell

Jlisabell Bronze IL'ite

1. I will tell him how I feel.
    2. If he fails to listen or insults my feelings further, I will begin ignoring him and spend less time with him and start looking at/commenting at others guys.
    3. If even after that, he doesn't come around, I will live separately for awhile.
    4. If he doesn't get jealous, doesn't care about living away from me, it only confirms that he doesn't deserve to be my husband. And so I will leave him.

2 people like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

oops all typos.

Also, someone suggested a tight slap- sounds like a great suggestion :)

9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

If he asks for intimacy, tell him to go to other women. Keep him at arm's distance and tell him that he needs to earn your respect to be near to him. Wear attractive clothes and makeup to tease him.

Reverse treatment was my first thought, but i think that will not work.

10. rinapt

rinapt New IL'ite

Ladies thanks for replying. Even I thought if I admire other men he will learn his lesson - but to no avail. He uses that as an argument point to continue ogling, like he says you also look at men so why I have a problem if he looks at women.

When I tell him I have not seen other men do so, he replies back saying other men would be doing so in front of their wives, so I wouldn't know about it.

today I told him how I feel about it, he argued and argued and never accepted he was wrong. He is not talking to me now. He wants me to take it as fun.

he gets jealous when I look at movie heroes and he picks out flaws in them. He suspects me of having an affair even if I buy nice clothes or make up. He asks me for who am I getting such make up. I work and I,ll be facing customers so I need to buy make up to look good during presentations. In US good dressing matters a lot.

I am financially independent but also dependent on him for my child. I don't get many work from home options and my work requires me to travel, so that time I have to depend on my husband to take care of the child.