1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

should i continue with marriage?? confused

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by strongwoman2014, Mar 8, 2014.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Why are you still confused? What else do you need happen to you for you to get more clarity?

2. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

Your story is so heartbreaking I could not make myself read past the sterilize demand. I just want to know what was the big emergency ( financial restriction plus other reason) that made you decide to marry him even though your family was against it?

3. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Whenever I read these kind of posts.. two feelings come to the fore: pity & anger.. pity that a poor woman suffered at the hands of spine less hubby & PILs.. anger since you have endured this pain without fighting back..

First things first, file a complaint against your hubby & PILs.. under 498A & three counts of attempt to murder... all of them will be in prison for looooong time..

Your sissy hubby & his parents are messed up. no chance of reconciliation...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    3 people like this.
  4. strongwoman2014

strongwoman2014 Senior IL'ite

yes i am doint that. Thanks for reply. I do not know, how other men are, my H does not take responsibility and simply excepts me to do everything for him, the worst thing is that he does not allow me to do outside things of my own or get the help of my parents. whether he is brought up like that or his nature is such!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

what's more shocking is how did u tolerate all this **** so far? if u r thinking tht after leaving him ull have financial problem n if its the only reason then think aagain. just do what tulipzzz said. if u won't then nobody can help u. what is it tht u r confused? u should be confused whether u should kill him or kick him.

6. strongwoman2014

to cutiepie

i asked this question myself many times "why these men marry if they do not care of the family"

7. strongwoman2014

First of all I am not interested in sterilization as I was scared to do operations, which I never did before; I did this only for him.

My father also said the same that if he is physically abusive next time, he will report to police and this time I agreed to him. I thought that taking the family matter to third party is not good. I live in chennai.

Whenever I feel angry after the fight, I feel like I could live alone without this guy, but when I cool down and think about my kids and other things I had to deal alone I am feeling helpless. My parents are always supportive, but I do not want to give them more and more burden, already I have a widow sister with 2 grownup girls in my parents house and I do not want to become another burden for them. Truly I am little worried to be a single parent. To say is easy to live alone, but I know it is difficult in practical as I have to depend on others for little things and when I take things in my hand also I have to find good people around to help.

My H says always that I am giving him more responsibilities like to fix problems in house and other things that a father is expected to do for his kids. He says that he cant do all these things and want to concentrate on his job and that is why he wants his parents to be with him. I do not know what to say for this, wont other men do the job and family responsibilities at the same time.?? If I ask him to keep a maid, he also disagrees for this. He does not help me either nor he would allow me to do alone the outside work or with the help of my parents, he puts halts for everything. But he is good when there is no influence of his mother; when I say this to my father, he asks me my H is not an adult? Cant he think of his own?, I do not have answer for this. My H is so stubborn and wants to do only what he wishes, he does not give any independence to me.

8. strongwoman2014

My family was not against it, my father does not like this alliance that is it, he agreed to my wish, it is arrange marriage only. Ours was a big family, there was some problem involved with my siblings which i dont want to disclose here and somehow situations made to marry this guy. what is happened is happened, i have to see what to do next, that is it for now.

1 person likes this.
  9. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

honey, what if your sister is widowed? It's i fact nice for your kids to grow up in a happy family with grandparents, aunt, cousins etc. trust me, it won't be a burden on your parents. You will start earning, wont you? Your parents will feel a little bad that both their daughters don't have a happy married life. But any parent would blindly choose a happy single life for their child over a abusive married life. Any day!

You, your kids, your sister, her kids, your parents - happy dinner times, movies, fun during festivals, weekly grocery shopping, flying kites, diwali, birthdays, imagine how much fun life can be without that loser husband and saddist MIL of yours!! You can happily look after your parents. You and your sister can be there for each other when children grow up.

that loser controlling husband of yours is ruining your life. He is treating you like a maid or still worse like a slave (with free sex). Kick him out of your life please. Make happiness a priority.

2 people like this.
  10. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Please at least for our kids sake,get away from this maniac and his family.Let me tell you this iis far from normal...Please you will be much better off without him.