1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

marriage means wasting your life for others

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ishika84, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

Hey all,
    I know this is very stupid line...but I feel everyone facing it...seen so many of friends relative including me...that we are just wasting our life and money on marriage...:hide:.
    * most of MIL wanna prove we are worst DIL
    * Husband are like u r so lucky u find out someone like me(this is what husband feel)
    * wife feel my husband and inlawz are worst:rant person
    * inlawz don't want DIL to communicate with her family but they want gift and money from DIL parents
    * DIL want to understand husband family but everyone creating drama for confusion
    * high expectation from every side on DIL shoulder console1
    * inlawz want to pump lovely son against DIL and her parents

I mean so much confusion in every way..95% couples are actually not happy....but wanna show to all relatives that we are most happy family(HUM sath-2 hain..)

what do u feel live-in relationship is better option....no burden no stupid expectation....
    Most imp no INLAWZ $ Dh

9 people like this.

2. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

If live in relationship is good then what will be the future generation.. soon india will be last country in population after 20 yrs .. good the birth rate will slow down.. and no grandparents will be there in future generations .. all new born will have either father nor mother ..life balance will also change

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

aabcii

You are right. Already average age for indians is getting lesser. With this relationship stuffs, the population will go down.

Have you thought about who will look after you till end if you don't marry? If you live in relationship, it is very much breakable and other may leave as he wish. Marriage and love and affection are the key to our life. After our parents, our partner is the one who will look after us with love and affection till we die. Living in relationship is a time pass stuff done by rich brats.

4. ishaansmom

ishaansmom Bronze IL'ite

Marriage is like gambling..you take chances...its either a hit or miss..even between two good people, problems arises because of the differences and other people like the il's ...
    live in relationship is good in a way..u will get to know the other person really well before commiting yourself..Most people in India stay married because they dont have another option..even if you are in love with someone for 4-5 years and then get married , it is different...
    there are more women stuck in an unhappy marriage than men..the expectations from a dil is higher than expectations from a daughter..within a day, a girl is supposed to act mature, speak mature...nd all the relaated rubbish...the economic insecurity is a very important reason aswell...

2 people like this.
  5. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

I really liked your point OP. I really appreciate the west when it comes to marriages.

I am not against marriage, but definitely I support that before entering into wedlock a couple should definitely be in a live in relationship for at least a couple of years to judge the person. But given the kind of hypocrite society we live, people won't accept this. Though they can readily accept a married woman living a life of hell through out her life. :bang

2 people like this.
  6. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

Haha so many quick replies....Even I am not against marriage...
    happily married with one son.....
    but whenever I see something bad going on near around my friends and family...everyone says this...
    so I just wanna know with IL how they feel...
    Itz not about kids and all Itz about us DIl...so please don't take this topic wrongly...:thankyou2:
    Best example of unmarried man is RATAN TATA....

1 person likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I am all for trying out living before marriage.I have two teenaged daughters.Someday when they are mature, independent women...I would like them to have that option if they are in a serious relationship, before making the final call .

3 people like this.
  8. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

image.jpg
    Hehe last week my friend send me this just wanna share...

20 people like this.
  9. Lakshmikishore

Lakshmikishore Silver IL'ite

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I had a live in relationship for nearly 3 years before I jumped into this serious marriage. Since ours was a inter-religious marriage, neither of our families accepted our love, nor did they show a green signal for marriage.

After a certain point, we decided to move in for a live-in life, since we both worked in a city which is far from our home.

We both were so serious about each other, loved and cared about each other a lot. We built a very strong foundation to our lives then.

After a certain point, both families come forward to accept us, hence went ahead with marriage plans. Both families showed as if they were doing a great favor to us by accepting us to live legally. They made sure that we feel guilt for our decision (live-in without their permission) and humbled about their generosity on their own way.

In laws problems starts only when you start living with them. It was not needed when you were in a live-in life. I dont even remember any fights between me and my husband during that time. But after marriage, you can't avoid in laws, and with that routine influence and manipulation any marriage turns sour. No matter how hard they try, they would still get to attack you at your weakest point.