1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My story of love

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Feb 14, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am from a time when love marriages were not allowed. First we ladies were not allowed to work. My father told me you cant work in an Office so he told me to become a teacher. I did not like that job because I was not so courageous that time and I was a very quiet girl . But the students were so loving to me but how can I work in a job which I am not interested , so I quit the job and our Mother Superior told me you should stick to one job. In the meantime my father expired and I had to look out for a job. I got a job in a office. Those days we could not talk to a male outside the office. How can we think of love marriage. In case anyone got married without the consent of their parents then people used to say she ran away with someone.

As a young girl I also had dreams of my dream man. I wanted someone handsome , having a good job etc. Since I did not get married at the right time I mean not before 30 years I was ready to marry to anyone as those days if girls are not married at the right time people used to talk something.

One young guy had come to see me but he was shorter than me and I also wanted someone taller than me. Then my dh came to see me , though he liked me he felt that I am very thin for which his mother told after marriage she will put on weight. This alliance came through the guy who was short and who came to see me. He met my husband at the astrologers place and he only told about me and recommended that if the horoscope is matching you get married to her, she is the right choice for you.

Then we both got married. On the marriage day everyone complimented us saying we are a perfect jodi. Me and my dh were just the opposite. I was very fond of going out, seeing movies etc. and my dh was not interested in all that. He was a very simple person, very economic because he had come up in life struggling and his family was also big. Though I was also not so well financially before marriage but I was better than him. Slowly I understood that money is not everything and being luxurious will not make me happy. I started living upto his expectations and earned a good name in his family. Everyone in his family were very loving and anything they do they used to do as a team.

My dh was very helpful in everything. We used to do cooking together.He was very helpful during my delivery. When I had hip bone fracture and I was in bed for two months and could not move he looked after me very well. He is gem of a person and I am very lucky to be blessed to have him as my betterhalf. I used to miss him very much when he was not there. I could not do anything without him. I was not much expert in cooking and I dont feel ashamed to tell that I learnt cooking from him. After the children were born,he used to bring the children to station when I used to come from office. My neighbours used to be jealous seeing him helping me in everything. In office also everyone knew that he helps me a lot and they used to ask who did this you or Mr. Iyer.

After retirement we came still closer. He is very interested in social work and ready to help anyone. It is because he was economic that we are leading a peaceful and happy life.

When you say I love you ,you are making a promise with someone else’s heart. You should honor it with actions to prove it.Love is not only an emotion . Love is a verb .

LOVE is not about how many days, months or years
    you’ve been together
    LOVE is about how much you love each other EVERYDAY

26 people like this.

2. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hi aunty,

A fabulous and lovely write-up on the eve of Valentines day..Thanks for sharing your memorable incidents with us...You both are destined to be as husband and wife for ever..Wish you both a good health and peace on coming days..I enjoyed reading your post and awesome quotes that you have mentioned..

1 person likes this.
  3. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

That is so sweet! Happy Valentines Day!

1 person likes this.
  4. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

dear viji maam,
    another brilliantly narrated story. and this time it was ur love story. please bless us (me and my dh) too to have long, loving and harmonious family life maam.

1 person likes this.
  5. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Lovely inspiring post :clap
    Thanks for sharing your journey .

1 person likes this.
  6. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Rightly said Viji Mam.

Life may be completely different from what we wanted. But still we can make it a Happy one.

2 people like this.
  7. jsam

jsam New IL'ite

Hello Anuty,

Thanks for sharing your story. It was warm and touching.
    I am recently married and wis hard to have a story like you.

Lots of love!!

1 person likes this.
  8. spandana7

spandana7 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mam
    Ur post is heart touching and very inspiring ....i too believe that we may not get a perfect partner but we can make a perfect life together ......

1 person likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji Aunty,
    Firstly, I enjoy reading your notes! I like the way you write, no flowery words yet touching. What an amazing love story. All successful love stories mak me wish mine were similar. I hope I can say someday that I grew closer to my husband in our post retirement period. Hope God grants that wish.
    I wonder how you made the switch effortlessly from wanting things to your DHs ways. How did you change so completely?
    I love the foot note! Made me ponder. Love is definitely how much you do for each other everyday.
    Happy Valentines day! Wish you many many more such wonderful ocassions together.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jasmine dear glad to get your first fb and thanks for making my day with your first visit and like. Glad you enjoyed my post and thanks for the sweet fb and good wishes

1 person likes this.