1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taking care of baby and household work

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by thashi, Jan 10, 2014.

1. thashi

thashi New IL'ite

HI, I
    have a one yr old baby boy now.. since his infancy I was lucky enough to share his caring responsibilty between my mother and mother in law. As, my parents and in laws home were very near.

Now my in laws have planned to shift the home and have also found a place nearly 20km far from the present place. I am a working woman and I dont get to stay for long with my kid. It will be my MIL who will take care of him as well do the household works.

At present during my weeknds when I stay at home, I see how my MIL looks after my son. .... she doesnt even bother to give my son left over rice, a months old biscuit and fryumms and of all maida items which I have strictly told them not to feed..

One day it happened so that I found out my MIL had given Noodles to my son and has thrown that paper in the dustbin. when I reached back from work, I noticed stains on my son t shirt near his chest. I sarcastically asked my MIL as to what she feeded him, she told she gave biscuits. I ignored the matter, the next day morning I found a maggi packet in the dustbin and I arrogantly asked them about that. thay finally told that they were hungry and so got it, made and had......!!!!! thinkingsmiley I know very well about my MIL. even if she is very hungry she will never of spending a penny for outside food. okay... the scene just continued and she asked if I checked through the " ****ted diaper of my son also in the bin":evil:... my anger reached to the peak and I asked if it is the same way she would question to her daughter when she too asks so... she dint have a word to reply me back and just started yelling on me using all abuses...and I left the room ignoring her.:spin

I hope this one incidence would let you know how my MIL is!!!

I nearly need more than an hour to feed my baby. if at some point he tries not to accept the food, my MIL immediately asks me to stop feeding and leave him off with not even half filled stomach............ I do really get pissed off sometime.
    During my absence she still feeds my sons with all old items.

I have a strong feeling that my son will not be safe with them..

what can I do to make my in laws to stay in near by place itself to my present place...?

2. mithu202

mithu202 Silver IL'ite

Either you have to quit the job or you have to take it easy.. Because my MIL used to feed my daughter which is prepared yesterday and also sometime she directly takes from fridge for eg: curd which is very chill even if she has cold. In the beginning I used to cry a lot and because of this I was not able to concentrate in my office work..poor performance in office etc etc..,If I tell my Husband he will directly go and ask her which in turn created many problems. Either you have to adjust with them if you don't have option to quit or quit the job .... This is From my own exp...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Thashi,

I can understand your feelings for your son. Its just that you need to get confidence that ur MIL will take care of your kid well. At first place if u see that old stock is stored at home why dont you discard it. And keep some fruits handy for ur MIL to feed ur son when he is hungry. You can ask her to give cerelac in the evening snacks time. My personal opinion is we should not force feed kid. I have never force my kid for food, whereas my MIL does but its her affection so i cant raise objection. She is not going to harm your baby, maybe they had maggi and just feeded some for your son also. And 1 month old biscuit is it expired? why dont you stock some wheat or other healthy snacks for your kid when you dont want maida snacks to be feeded.

For few months you might feel insecured but as time passes will be alright.

4. thashi

thashi New IL'ite

mithu,

thansk for your prompt response on this.

to tell frankly I never wanted to see anybody else in my position but unfortunately...

yes its the same exact case what you are telling.. what did you do then... you kept quite for what all your MIL to your daughter and adjusting or quit your job?

for me its very very difficult to take it easy..... I had mannath to get my son becasue I was not able to conceive from two years adn everybody started speaking on my back.. when I got my son I felt I am above the world on high...btt

let me know what decision you took later... I will try to throw some light on it..

5. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

how will her being in a place near to your home will help you ? she can still feed the food which you dont like , right ?
    better option is plan a days menu , everything from breakfast to snacks , lunch etc for the time your baby will be at their place and ask her to feed that. just like you would do if you send the baby to any daycare. i even keep water in different bottles and his meals planned and put in separate dabbas when i leave my baby with someone, including my mom. that saves a lot of argument! but yes i would add an occasional treat of biscuits etc wont do much harm. so relax !

1 person likes this.
  6. karthikammu

karthikammu New IL'ite

dear friend i think at present your baby is important.... look at ur baby's smile andChillout! forget your things.. enjoy with your daughter... kind regards

7. thashi

thashi New IL'ite

vsharma,

I totally accept right from what your telling. I dont have the liberty of discarding anything in my home which I feel is not necessary. I MIL keeps a watch on me always if by chance after back from my I try to take some snacks to eat also she stops telling me to keep it for my husband as he will come tired from office...

I have got them varieties of fruits and rice items every week always explaining them what to give each day to my son... she would hear but never implement it telling "he only dint like", " he doesnt eat", "he s very stubborn"... and all sorts.

regarind feeding , when I feed my son I always know how much quantity he takes.. I agree he eats very slowly but once his stomach is full he never takes the next mouth... I have seen so many times just after feeding two mouths if he doesnt open his mouth my MIL tells to stop feeding him... b coz of all these things my son fell ill almost 4 time in a month and he went underweight too, along with throat infection--- doctor told that he might eaten any hard stuff and it would been difficult to sallow for him... nearly one week my son was only taking porraige after that until he was fine again...

If I keep jotting down evrything... it will be an ever ending list.:spin

1 person likes this.
  8. thashi

thashi New IL'ite

yes , I will give a thought about it....thankyou all for your prompt responses...

9. mithu202

mithu202 Silver IL'ite

"yes its the same exact case what you are telling.. what did you do then... you kept quite for what all your MIL to your daughter and adjusting or quit your job"

I am still working thashi, no other option due to my financial problems. I feed in the morning before starting to office and in the night I come by eight and feed her, Only in the afternoon and snacks my MIL would feed my daughter,
    * I take and keep fruits or biscuits whichever needs to be given on that day.
    * I wake up early I cook on my own.
    * Never argue with my MIL just listen to her silently
    * Never complain about my MIL to my DH(which created a lots of problem initially)

1 person likes this.
  10. thashi

thashi New IL'ite

I really tell you Mithu, you are just one of the kind I am seeing... I feel your baring everything silently whatever is happening to you and your daughter....hug to youhugsmiley

I am very curious to know how you are managing everything .... can you tell in much detailed way how your doing your daily choir of work...

I normally get up by 5 a.m and rest back by 11 at night then too I am not able to fix my time table...

let me know mithu...