1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by darmesh, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it

Wow Viswa dear you are too good, you have written so well as always and I have no words to praise you. Your wife is lucky to have you as her husband as you are lucky to have her. Hats off to you . Before giving reply here I nominated your fb first. All your posts are worthy of nomination and you are always a winner in writing

1 person likes this.
  2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Re: The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it

I got terribly surprised when I got a 'like' for the above post.

That I am going to get repeated bashing for the above post , is what I already expected.

Not surprising, when one member , suspects I am smoking marihuana in Colorado, that is why I dare to say 'DILs can also be equally tyrannical'.

Will not be surprised, if another member , labels me 'crazy' or 'mad'.

3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

aamrapali....you have nailed it. Each and every point. :clap

4. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

True Anitap. But, I don't think, there is anything wrong in attempting to prove my point.

5. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

The very mentioning that a 'DIL can be tyrannical' evoked a response that I may be smoking marihuana ! You are smart Ansuya. You just went short of saying that I am mad. :) It is okay even if you have overtly said, I am mad. :)

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Dharmesh: I have heard you many times saying "meet you after 20 yr, when you are a mil"... have you thought of your daughter becoming a dil in those 20 yrs...

Hope we all see you then and give you a hard copy of this thread.

ps: Its not about mil and dil anymore, its about right and wrong and their majorities.

2 people like this.
  7. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Dear Members,

When I said, "DILs can be tyrannical' I do not mean the period of the years following marriage immediately.

It is true, that many MILs are tyrannical towards DILs, when their(MILs) hands are up in the home hierarchy.

But, as decades go on, the DIL and husband enter into their forties, the power equation changes. Many husbands gradually accept their wives in the no. 1 power hierarchy at home either voluntarily or out of compulsion.

After this home power equation changes, it is time for tit for tat, time for revenge.

This act of revenge on the MIL, the so-far 'suffered' and 'harassed' DIL does in a meticulously planned way. This is the time when the husband would be pre-occupied with his own stuff in life, job, finances, kids' future and his own mid-life crisis.

Now the entire home power is vested in the hands of the DIL.

I have seen the DILs of yesteryears, now turning into real tyrants in my own family and in my neighbourhood.

Incident after incident , they remember and start settling their score with the now very old and powerless MIL, in a way , that is much more cruel and cunning than the way in which the MIL 'harassed' the DIL, in the past.

'Tit for tat' then becomes the motto of the lives of these DIL, for the rest of the life.

8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Now tell me guys, who is tyrannical ? MILs only ?

9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Okay, my friend !:)

10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I don't think men and their mother's want to accept the problem. The women have no choice but to come to anonymous forums and vent. My husband is of the opinion that I should adjust with his family. It is my duty and what not.

My sil on the other hand has married without the consent of her husband's family and has cut ties with them. That is a "different" situation according to my husband.

I don't think this ill treatment is due to preference for sons. It is socially accepted that a girls mil will be nasty. The boys mil will be a slave. Anything contrary to that and tongues wag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.