1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

India trip coming up - drama begins

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tulipzz, Dec 8, 2013.

1. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

We are going to India on Thursday for a 3 week vacation. The drama begins! How foolish I was to believe his words and book tickets for all of us to go together!

Since about 2-3 days he is acting moody. I have no clue what's bothering him. Also, every small thing seems to be my fault. My 5yr old is waking up at 6am these days, I don't know why. It's still my fault that she isn't getting enough sleep. She has 4-5 party wear dresses. She grew out of other party wear stuff she has so I planned to buy some more in post Xmas sales or in India. It's my fault and I'm stingy that she doesnt have more party wear clothes at this instance (school going child in a uniform! )..,my husband wore a very old nasty dirty t-shirt today and started to subtly accuse me of stopping him from buying clothes. I dont stop him! he doesnt go to the shops and buy. i have to buy for him....I generally encourage him to buy more when a sale is on or when we go to india. He doesn't buy. He still has a wardrobe full of casual shirts and good tshirts. I don't know where he found that old tshirt!

There is a friction between us about something I don't understand. He suddenly started to tell me that I've put on a bit of weight...I'm about 6-7kgs over weight....I don't obviously have a flat tummy or toned butt...he started to comment on it now...

He suddenly becomes over generous....he now wants to buy generous gifts to long lost cousins he didn't bother to be in touch with....some kind of excessive guilt/whatever that he tends to overspend....mil asked for a cordless phone, he chose a model. The same one was for $30 less at a different store. He still bought from the expensive store saying cheaper store (walmart) might sell bad quality....wtf ?

We agreed on a certain amount for his sisters wedding present. He suddenly wants to double it!

We bought a house here, I put $150k cash into it, fully from my savings. The house is in both our names. Does that not mean I gave him 75k? He has a small part of his savings in a under performing mutual fund in India. Earlier we decided to move it to a fd so that it earns some interest. Its about usd 25k. He said we will put it in a joint account so that I can manage it. It's a 180degree turn now. He wants it in his name...

whats going on...and what should I do.

Btw, SILs wedding is a different story. We don't even know if its happening in December. No one told us (me) anything.

2. Priyas660

Priyas660 Silver IL'ite

Tulipzz, this sounds a little fishy to me. Is he already feeling guilty?

I will come back later and write something. But i wanted to ask you if you dont knw abt sil's wedding plans why did you plan this trip? And you say you have already fixed an amount for the gift? How is that ? Is your husband informed and is he going to attend?

I think you should clear these things before starting. Otherwise it might turn awkward there.

1 person likes this.
  3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Tulipzz,
    This is the only way he can make you keep quite. You would refrain from asking questions, and nod your head, mind it only nodding, not even yes, when he continues to do so. you would want him to be happy and do everything he or his family says back home. After everything goes per his family's wish, he would be back to the loveydovey mode.

2 people like this.
  4. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

We booked tickets long before SILs "match fixing"
    They've been looking for matches for a long time now. A few months ago when we were budgeting for the new house, I wanted to make sure we kept her gift money aside first before sweeping our accounts for the big purchase. That's when we agreed on an amount.

He will attend the wedding (when ever that is) and tell ppl I have visa problems. That's the agreement now.

He is now behaving as if I am beneath him - not upto his standard... My mils attitude....his dormant cells are all waking up now..

Any doctors on this forum? Is ths split personality disorder? I remember seeing that nasty movie back in 90s - Junoon? Where rahul Roy slowly turns into a tiger? It's haunting me now :(

5. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

My answers inline....

6. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

You know in India we use old cloth (sometime t-shirt) to wipe dirty things in kitchen. If you have one here then give him to wear. He might be having hard time finding a bad one.

1 person likes this.
  7. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Latest update: until a few weeks ago, he was telling me how desperate he is to visit Europe during Easter holidays. I was telling him that we need to start to think about it since Easter is school holiday period.,,so need to plan in advance,,,

he said - hmm let's see....depending on circumstances then...lol...

We both love to travel and we did dream about a Europe vacation for a long time now.... It's suddenly seeming less exciting to him...

I am strangely not pissed off or angry....It's not affecting me much...

i plan to start a big boss thread about my india trip. People, It will be 100 times more entertaining than bb7 ....

Did I become a nut? Why am I so excited about all the drama coming up? Don't I realize the bakra will be ME!!!

8. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha tulipzz if this is split personality disorder, 90% of Indian men can be diagnosed with it. Just stay silent, and use emoticon of bubblygal.

2 people like this.
  9. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Tulipzz,
    I believe he is setting the correct 'mood' for your upcoming trip. Hence the snarkiness, sudden generosity towards long-forgotten people, drama over old clothes, etc.
    If you give knee-jerk reactions, his mission will be accomplished.He could use that as the excuse for (possibly) hurtful behaviour, in conjunction with other members of his family, or to condone theirs.
    Dont fall into that trap.

2 people like this.
  10. Priyas660

Priyas660 Silver IL'ite

Just stay away from the drama tulipzz. Protect yourself from getting hurt. Ignore all his tantrums, if required even give him some silent treatment, in the meantime dont forget to look excited about the trip, make plans with family and friends for meeups and make sure he knows about this. Stay as far as possible from mil and all the dramas.

It reminds of my friend. She once told me that her hubby starts his strange behaviour in the flight itself just before landing in mumbai. Some men are strange. They feel guilty to accept that they are happy with their wives.:idontgetit:

3 people like this.