1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do husbands miss wife ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by amnilakshmi, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

This has not been my experience, but I am curious as to why it is the consensus here. If a spouse feels something, and the mere expression of that feeling would make his/her partner (who is, hopefully, in at least the Top 5 of most important people in the world, if not #1) extremely happy, why hold it back?

Of all the things that wives would seem to want most here (presents, surprises, remembering anniversaries, company on shopping trips, help around the house, etc.) this seems like a relatively easy and extremely cheap (practically free) way to strengthen the marital bond and show affection.

Is it pride? Fear of the NSA/the President reading private texts? Anxiety about the other woman (MIL) finding out? Reluctance to appear sappy or sentimental?

P.S. Any husband reading this who is guilty of this crime, text your wife NOW and tell her that you miss her. Even if she is in the other room. Strange and wonderful things will follow.

8 people like this.
  2. aboy

aboy New IL'ite

Hi Ansuya, Good advice but ....................if we send the "Miss U" text now after so many years, our wives will be genuinely worried (Is everything ok with him ?) :spin. If a follow up question comes asking why we miss them only now after so many times being in similar situation, we might be tongue tied surrendersmileyand the complications this would create the next time we inadvertently miss sending this text under similar circumstances is fearful to imagine.

The practical fact is , Most men probably live in fear of getting it wrong, and so don't bother trying to be nice.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. preethivignesh

preethivignesh Gold IL'ite

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

I tried. I even added smileys. The results are out to see:

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  5. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

IG, do you know the story of the drunkard who was eulogized at his funeral ?? :rotfl

6. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

You guys are making me laugh out loud! I appreciate your honesty and enthusiasm - believe me, I am laughing with you, not at you. And yes, I don't understand Tamil, but even I can make out the distinctly underwhelming tone and content of Nemesis's wife's response.

I guess after a while, the romantic muscles/neurons can atrophy. If you have never consistently done this (messaged/called/emailed your wife just because, not just because you want or need something) from the start of your relationship, I can see why your wives would be suspicious/wary.

So, let me let you in on another secret: timing. It's possible that in the middle of the workday, with a million pedestrian things on her mind, poor, overworked wife is not in the mood to hear unsolicited sweet nothings (after all, we are not teenagers anymore).

Maybe there's a better time to do this? Like at the end of the day, when she is checking her phone for the last time, or at the start of the day, when she is clearing her email inbox.

Also, don't just say, "I miss you" like some Lifetime made-for-TV movie stalker. You have to get personal! Two or three lines are enough to say something like, "I was just thinking about all the things you do for me, and for us (mention something specific, like delicious dosas last night, or whatever it is your wife does that is special). Thank you. I miss you when we're apart".

Otherwise, it is likely she is expecting something like:

Message 1: I miss you.
    Message 2: Will you iron 7 of my work shirts tonight so I can go on a business trip next week?

Hey, when did I turn into Dr Phil, and why am I haranguing you poor guys? OP, I am sorry for this diversion. But maybe you can surreptitiously print it out and leave it where your husband can see it ;)

P.S. IG, it is hilarious that your wife immediately assumes your "I miss you" means "I did something horrible and I'm taking pre-emptive measures"!

2 people like this.
  7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

It means, "Say something credible"

Even google did not help.

But even if there is a story, i presume it would certainly take a dig at the minority community of this forum.

1 person likes this.
  8. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Well, there was a man, very much addicted to the drink, neglecting his family, health and abusing everyone around him during his drinking bouts. His wife toils to make ends meet and educate their son. Then the man passes away, and before his funeral, the priest can think of no redeeming qualities that he can present to the mourners during the funeral prayers. Since he cannot speak ill of the dead, the priest writes a speech ascribing all kinds of virtues to the departed and reads it to the mourners. The widow is shell-shocked. She pulls her son towards her and says "My child, can you peep into the coffin ? I am afraid we've come to the wrong funeral" !

Somehow, the husbands on this forum are evoking similar responses by expressing their emotions to their wives laugh1smiley

2 people like this.
  9. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I think yes. My DH is a private person and missed me like crazy when he came to the US and we stayed away for 8 months. And he was so happy when I joined that he tells in his office meeting that he is complete now.

5 people like this.
  10. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Lolzzz.. laugh1smiley

seems u doen't have much work (in my case)