1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

am I lazy?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jas12, Oct 15, 2013.

1. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

With toddler, what you are feeling is quite normal. Is it possible to send your toddler to day-care for half-day or at least for few hours? You can find reliable and inexpensive home day cares.

Ask your husband to give bath to the kid in the evening. In the morning, ask him to do one feed for the child. You can use this time to cook, take bath or even go to the nearest gym and work out.

From my experience, running releases more happy hormones than walking does. So try it out if it works for you.

2. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Everyone has given great advice - you may be mildly depressed, and exercise and fresh air will help.

In addition to running away FROM your toddler (we all need this - my husband came home unexpectedly early from work today and announced he was taking our preschooler on a father-daughter outing. I was like Tom Cruise in Risky Business Risky Business Dance Scene - YouTube) you should consider running away occasionally WITH your toddler. Kids need a break from the routine, too, and fresh air, and exercise.

Make sure your daily routine with baby includes going out for walks, to the playground, or whatever is available in your area. A couple of times a week, make quick and easy meals (don't spend too much time cooking, feeding him, or cleaning up - try toast, cereal, etc.) and get out of the house with him. Or, better yet, pack a picnic lunch and let him make an almighty (biodegradable) mess on the grass at the park, and then just walk away. No cleaning necessary.

Staying cooped up at home will drive anyone crazy. Other things you can consider to lighten the tone of the day is playdates (invite another mum over with her baby, or meet them at the park), put on music and dance with your toddler, let your toddler play outside with water (paintbrushes + water on the outside walls of your house), or do arts and crafts. Whatever you like to do can probably be adapted to include your toddler, too.

It sounds like the daily grind is getting you down. Don't get too hung up on cooking, cleaning, and robotically going through the motions of keeping a perfect house. Take a careful look at your processes/work and pare everything down to the bare minimum. Whatever is cumbersome, inconvenient, or just not necessary to the absolute wellbeing of you and your family can be eliminated. You can always go back to being WonderWoman when your child is older. Right now, it's more important for your son for his mother to be smiling, happy, and not perpetually exhausted. I feel your pain.

1 person likes this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

As they say, terrible twos suck up all the energy. I think you should go for morning walk/jog even for 1/2 an hour. That will freshen you up.

Is it possible to cook lunch for the next day in the evening when your husband can help with the kid? If so, then you can sleep with your kid between the breakfast and lunch time frame. If not, try to squeeze in short naps (10-15 mins). These really helps.

Also consult a doctor to see if your vitamin B-12 levels are normal or not. if not, you can try to take B-100 tablets. This will give you energy as well.

Please remove the thoughts that you are lazy.

4. jas12

jas12 Senior IL'ite

We live in a joint family..but my husband feels that his or my parents should not do baby sitting cos they are old and we parents should have to take the responsibility of looking after the kids..if I am working my husband look after the kid..
    I do visit parlour for threading and facial may be once in ayear .my husband says there s no need for facial as I look naturally beautiful.
    I just feel guilty when he waits or manages outside with our kid and inside I am busy with threading or waxing or something else..
    So I come as soon as possible

5. jas12

jas12 Senior IL'ite

I already tested with the doc..she said I am weak..she gave some calcuim and iron tablets..she asks me to eat healthy..but that is not the prob my mind is not happy.
    I know what is eating my mind..everybody has in laws prob.and in our family also we ve some minor problems..I used to think of that and cant do any work properly..
    I think I dont have the capability to overcome or find solutions for the problems..instead I keep on thinking about yhe prob..and that almost drain my energy out of me..

6. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Why do you feel guilty? Just like you, he is also a parent. Your husband seems like quite reasonable - grandparents do not have the responsibility of the grandchildren but the parents do. Do you hesitate to take his help even if he offers? You can leave your child with your ILs once in a while to refresh your self.

But how do you feel good about yourself every day?It is also not a good idea to wait for your husband or ILs so that your feel good time starts. There has to be an activity that you look forward to doing every day. What could it be? You know what makes you tick. Pursue it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  7. jas12

jas12 Senior IL'ite

I know there are options like going out with the kid, going to a spa etc..but actually I dont ve the freedom to go out alone....I should only go out with my husband..my in laws doesnt allow me to go alone..for the past five years I ve'nt gone outside alone..
    I only go to neighbors house with my kid to play..that too around 20 mts..that's it..
    These are all things which depress me a lot.i really dont know to whom I should share my depression. ? I share with my husband but he says u go out I'll give u the permission. But my fil is one person who I cant even speak my thoughts..he will broke out as if something happened seriuosly..
    He is very nice person if I follow these things
    Should not step outside the house
    Come at correct time to the kitchen
    Take care of my kid (he should not fell sick)
    Take care of my husband's needs..

8. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

Hi.. I have been through a phase where I felt struck and couldn't just get things done...I was desperate in what next , the purpose of my life etc..all these thoughts kept looping in my mind and made me sick.. not doing anything productive
    slight variant of your case..

I think a bit more of socializing and time management could clear your fuzziness
    Even the smallest move can bring a great change; you need to kill the boredom all by yourself..develop more trust on your capabilities and start by discovering who you are, what you want in life..

Checkout this article Stuck? 9 Ways to Move Your Life Forward - Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement

9. Shivali3

Shivali3 Bronze IL'ite

Last yr I was feeling like this after few days I came to know I am pregnant :rotfl

10. jas12

jas12 Senior IL'ite

Thanks everybody to pour all your thoughts into my problem.i know that I should be more active and concentrate on my health and interest..after my child birth I cant think about myself..for 2 years I was thinking how to improve my child's health..
    I will try to improve other interests and build my confidence..
    Hope soon I will recover from my depression. ..