1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IPC 498a.Is this law breaking our indian families?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by MYLUV, Oct 14, 2013.

Is IPC 498a Breaking our families

Poll closed Oct 15, 2013.
  1. Yes

42.1%
  2. No

47.4%
  3. May be

10.5%
  4. Do not know about this law itself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

CRISP India

check the website some where u will find number of minor kids arrested related dowry cases.

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Panzaa,How have you been?Long time no see in IL.There are quiet a lot of men in IL these days.Are you still continuing the quiz stuff?

Btw, aren't all laws that way in India?

3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Coolchap, what's your problem man? Why don't you just get a life and let us ladies carry on with our lives?

Either you or someone very close to you is in trouble because of ipc498a? The thing is, for inlaws, even big things are minor. My mil harassed me so much that I delivered pre term. She harassed me so much that I was suicidal, had to seek counseling and move a few thousand miles away. Pushing me to this limit is major to me. It's all just minor things to her.

Its simple, your parents must treat your wife the way her parents treat you. Any less respect is not acceptable. If inlaws act too smart and do things like creating fights between the couple, abusing DIL etc, they need to be behind the bars.

Just FYI, my friend recently told her inlaws that because they created so much of differences between her and her husband, tht if they divorce, she will make sure she read out full list of all that they did to her - to the police- and get them all behind bars before She even signs divorce papers. You know what? All interference bull**** stopped! How come they exactly knw what to stop ?

7 people like this.
  4. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

IPC 498a & Domestic Voilence Act industry

understanding-the-498a-industry.jpg

5. bhuvnidhi

Wow...It is good to know that the law is doing itz duty silently.So much graphics and documentations for this single law.Instead of focussing on eradicating this law why not follow "the" simple rule of "behaving".

3 people like this.
  6. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

I get what you are saying cool chap, Come on now, tell us your story. What happened? Why are you so worked up?

I promise I won't judge you based on your gender. If you are really a victim of this law, we will all support and will try to help you as much as we can.

7. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Bhuvnidhi

If you do not provide the link, i ask you to delete/edit the post where you have accused me of being dishonest. its not cool to accuse someone,even in anonymous forums.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Let's leave my son out of this. We are discussing the law in general, why such a law was needed in the first place, its misuse, and effect of making it harder for women to file a case.

Given how sitting hundreds of miles away, in-laws can still create hell in marriage via skype, I am all for equipping Indian women with whatever possible.

1 person likes this.
  9. bhuvnidhi

You are free to report to the mod.I am trying to get the link.Will edit the same with link once I get it.But will not edit the portion mentioned as I am sure I read this news.

2 people like this.
  10. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.