1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dear Husband's 30th Birthday Gifts

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by IndhuRamesh, Aug 6, 2013.

1. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi ILites,

Recently we celebrated my DH's 30th bday and thinking about gifting, I wanted something special. So I searched a lot in IL and net. As my wishlist kept on increasing, I decided to gift him 30 gifts for his 30 years.

So here is the list, so that someone in need of a long list may get benefitted.

1) Ponniyin Selvan - Novel full set
    2) Personalised bday wish handwritten from close family and friends in A4 sheet
    3) An electric shaver set
    4) 12X18 photo lamination of a photo of us which he likes most
    5) A new perfume
    6) Travel gear bag to store toiletries and charger etc
    7) A retro handset for mobiles with stand, designed like an old landline telephone set
    8) A mini battery fan
    9) A poster of 2 of his close buddies with him - titled 3 Idiots
    10) A personalized magazine cover with his photo and some wordings
    11) A photo of us converted to oil painting and enlarged
    12) Fastrack watch
    13) A gift voucher from beauty salon
    14) A day outing at kart racing - Go kart
    15) Photo Collage of close family members made as a lamination(my parents and siblings, his parents and siblings and their spouse and children)
    16) Learn Hindi through Tamil - basic book
    17) A drawing sketch book with pencil and charcoal art set. He does pencil sketching
    18) An empty notebook to write all his poems and gift it back to me on my bday. :thumbsup
    19) Enrollment to a course, which is his passion and loves it
    20) Hundial - Shaped as laughing buddha
    21) 30 Love coupons designed by me
    22) Jaguar shaped keychain for his bike
    23) Nameplate of us to hang in front door
    24) Keyholder for hanging keychains
    25) A kurta to wear for jeans
    26) A hanging shelf with 10 pouches - to hang in his cupboard to organize some things
    27) Foot massager spa from croma
    28) A jigsaw puzzle
    29) A 3 tier plastic storage box for keeping small things like purse, bills, receipts, in cupboard
    30) Last but not least - A love letter with mushy mushy wordings and also told him my true feelings about him in that.

First I wanted to do a treasure hunt kind of thing and let him find out all the gifts by himself. But then he came late from office and was tired and tensed because of office work. So I gave him each gift when he was opening the previous one.

He was shocked to see so many gifts. Though he scolded me for getting so many gifts, he was also happy on the other hand that I had taken so much effort to organize things like this.

His choice of best gift was the bday wish from family and friends.

2013-07-15 18.12.23.jpg

Here is the click of some of the gifts packed. Could not take with all the gifts as I thought of taking picture at the last moment and all the gifts were in their hiding place for tresure hunt.

2. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I was looking for a smliar kind of thing for my hubby's 50th birthday which is next year and believe me, your list came in handy to me........

and,,,,,,I am the...................................................... first one to comment/give feedback too........

Banu

5 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Indhu dear I am speechless to know that you have given 30 gifts to your dear husband for his 30th Birthday. What an awesome thought. You are really great dear. That shows the love you have for him.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  4. IndhuRamesh

Thank you Banu Aunty.. I am happy if I am of some help.. :)

Sure let us know what you planned and how you celebrated your husband's 50th bday next year..

And Thank you for your express first feedback. :)

5. IndhuRamesh

Viji Aunty...

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for your wishes. Will surely let my husband know.

I am really excited by your comments.. This is one small happiness that I can bring him.. I like surprises a lot.. Thats why..

2 people like this.
  6. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Indhu I was thinking of same for DH on his 31st b'day with 31 gifts. I too planned a treasure hunt but was in a dilemma, this gift list comes handy.

1 person likes this.
  7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Oh ! That was so sweet indu.
    I really liked a lot of things in your list , but the best was learn Hindi through Tamil book:) I gave it to my dh last year:)
    A very happy b day to your husband and wish you both many such beautiful moments in the years to come.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Indhu dear thanks for your sweet message. I also like surprises very much . I will be completing 70 yrs this month. Hope someone gives me 70 gifts :)My children will be ready to give but my dh will shout at them saying you dont know the value of money.

1 person likes this.
  9. SangeeVenkee

SangeeVenkee Silver IL'ite

Superb Indhu...The gifts and the idea as well are awesome...Sure, you have put in lot of efforts for your DH's Bday.
    Just curious, how long did it take for you to get ready with all the 30 gifts?

1 person likes this.
  10. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Wow sooooo cute. God bless you both.

1 person likes this.