1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IL's plase share your love story here.. especially people who did arranged marriage..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Vidhyadev, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Vidhyadev

Vidhyadev Bronze IL'ite

I would like to know all your stories.. 1.life before getting engaged... 2.days between engagement and marriage.. 3.life after marriage.. i myself in 2nd stage now..

share me your first meet,first phone call.. secret dates without knowing to parents.. first gift etc...

very eager to see ur replies...

1 person likes this.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

Re: IL's plase share your love story here.. especially people who did arranged marria

life before engaged
    it was very good with pampering parents & loving brother.a life of friends,books & no tension.waiting for the Prince Ordinary(no interest in Prince Charming)

life between engagment & marriage
    we got married within 2 mths of our 1st meeting.
    daily phone calls of 4-5 hrs.dreaming a lot about future,shopping for marriage,was working so lots of teasing from collagues.
    was a little worried about few things...........'suppose i don't end up loving him..........'i hope his family is good,.........'i really don't cook that well & no time to learn'................oh,i am going to miss my
    family'............what about job ,should i enjoy married life & the 1st year as married woman of find new job.

well,as i am easy go lucky sort of girl i did not let these things stress me a lot & just went with the flow.

life after marriage
    it is magical.all my worries were unfound.i did start loving him even before marriage...........it is getting better with years & recently we celebrated our 10 th anniv with a hand written letter to each other.

1st meeting
    he can to' See' me at my home.i had fever for 2 days & was feeling miserable & hence did not really cared about the outcome.i found him quite nice to talk to & good looking enough for my taste.
    he sounded quite genuine & i liked him..................a lot.

1st phone call
    well he called me to wish Happy Holi & then did not call for 2 days.i have no experience of dealing with boyfriend but still thought that its strange to not call for 2 WHOLE days.i called him the third day & asked him why did he not call me for 2 days & learnt a valuable lesson'Men need to told in Words about our expectation'.they have not intituation & will not presume anything.
    after that i would call him one day he would call the next day.........the calls were normally at 10 pm & would last till 2 am or till my mother had not asked me 5 times to finish ...........

1st date
    No secret dates.we meet just once in between when he came to my house to celebrate my B'day.

1st gift
    well,a handwritten letter sent in between the 1st card after 1st meeting.............a bouquet of flowers & a Titan watch for my B'day.

5 people like this.
  3. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Re: IL's plase share your love story here.. especially people who did arranged marria

life before engaged
    I was in hostel lots of friends, studies, thesis work life was fun.

life between engagment & marriage
    We had 9m gap between engagement and marriage. We used to meet every weekend in the initial days later he got a job next to my college so we used to meet almost every day. We had taken a valentine's offer sim card which charged 0rs for our calls so we were hooked to each other 24/7. We had fallen in love before we tied the knot.

life after marriage
    No need to say im blessed (ahem we both are blessed)

1st meeting
    First meeting was at home, very formal where families were more important than 2 of us. later i have lost the count we have met and sooo many dates some were informed to parents and others are secret till date.:shhh:

1st phone call
    it was before engmt only. they had come to my home he took my num from my sister and called me later and it continues even today after 3yrs of marriage we call each other to keep updated. even from office he cals me in lunch break and in evening before leaving the office.

1st date
    Was on his bday, 1m after our engmnt. We had informed parents and been to nandi hills on bike. One whole day.

1st gift
    he had gifted me a mobile with the valentine sim card on our 1st date. i had got him cake and a table piece with some romantic wordings on it.

1 person likes this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhyadev
    Welcome to IL
    You have started off with a very interesting topic am sure it will be a hit....

Life before engagement..

Normal middle class life of a college girl....

Life Between engagement and marriage...

Hectic as I was married just after fortnight of engagement so not much courtship nor dating it was strict no no at my family...

life after marriage
    The lack of any courtship before marriage was made up till today so you can guess about the life....

1st meeting
    When he came to see me so I saw him surrounded by both my and his relatives and friends...

1st gift
    I dint have a vanity purse so he bought me one post marriage while heading to his native place.... He was very sensitive and without telling he sensed my need then....

1 person likes this.
  5. Vidhyadev

Vidhyadev Bronze IL'ite

oh ho... i forgot mention my story.. and wow all your replies are very interesting..

Life before engagement:

I am the only daughter for my father and mothers side family.. was pampered by all my relatives.. everything use to happen according to my wish.. and even my better half (my bawa) is my choice.. but i really had a tough time getting him :) :) well thats a different story

Life after Engagement:

I am in this phase now and enjoying a lot.. now i got a new family to pamper me.. he calls me every minute and every chance he gets.. now am busy with marriage shopping as i have only one more month left for wedding and so we are able to get only less time to spend.

First meet:

Our first meet was very formal with my parents, his parents and few other relatives in a temple.. we had few minutes to speak to each other and it was only me speaking all the time.. poor bo he did not get a chance to spk... few days before our meet was my birthday and i was really surprised when he wished me for that.. i did not expect it actually

First call:

Our first meet was on Friday and a day after that Sunday evening he called me first.. Actually his mom called my mom few hours before that to get my number and even though i know he ll call me and i was nervous what to speak and how to speak.. when he called me and said his name i asked who is that.. poor bo he was keep on telling his name thinking i did not recognize.. then we started speaking on few general things..

Life after marriage:

Have to wait and see

First gift:

Ring..

First secret date:

The 4th day after our formal meet..So soon eh :) :)

Friends am counting the days for my wedding.. very eager to live a life with him..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  6. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Life Before Engagement:
    Busy with work. meetings, schedules, deadlines blah blah blah.

Our first meeting and Engagement:
    Our first meeting was very formal. He was keen on speaking to me in private. I was nervous but liked him very much. We were on terrace and my mom has to call us back after 2 hours :hide: . We met on April 8th and Got engaged on April 12th. So soon, but already the background family check etc were done even before the guy came to see me and so when they said 12th is good day it all happened soon.

Our first call ,first date & Gift:
    He called me on the very night that we first met. He called me at around 9pm and were on call till 3am , specially excited and lil nervous about our engagement that was due in 3 days. On engagement day I was disappointed to know that there were no muhurats for marriage till nov 16th :spin that is 7 month gap :bonk went on our first date on the day after engagement. He gifted me a Titan Raga watch and a box of chocolates and flowers.

In Between our engagement and Marriage:
    Never got track how 7 months flew by. I resigned my job, yet fell short of time. Looong phone calls, secret dates, movies, dinners, surprise gifts, silly fights and marriage shopping kept us occupied. We were deeply in love by the time our D-day arrived.

After Marriage:
    Its our 8th month anniversary today :) Life couldn't have been more beautiful. Falling in more and more love as each day passes :)

7. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

life before getting engaged

was working with my dad's company and had "taken 2 months leave" because my sis was visiting with her little baby and I was looking forward to spending time with them.. enjoyed myself immensely with the cuddly baby and spent time chit chatting with sis.. the "boy hunt" had been on for about 2 years by then..

days between engagement and marriage

there was 3 weeks between the engagement and the marriage.. spent my days enjoying with my little niece, shopping, etc etc and my nights with phone calls from him.. :) He would call around 10 pm and we would go on taking till 12 or max 2..

life after marriage

living life as the typical doctor's wife.. DH's erratic timings, busy days, late lunches, late night emergency calls and him running out because some patient has gone serious...
    but when he does have time for me, he's the sweetest person alive in this universe.. :)

first meet

by the time we first met, both side families had done all detailed background checks.. both boy and girl just had to meet and talk to each other and both families had to meet too.. but the joke is that both me and my hubby went to the meet with no intention of getting married... not because we didn't like the other, but because we just didn't want to get hitched yet.. and we both ended up falling for each other and ended up getting teased by everyone for that.. :biggrin2: not to mention that we some how even coordinated our dress colour! :hide: marriage got fixed then and it was just a 4 months wait till the marriage.. :)

first phone call

just a couple of days after our first meet, my dad called him and passed on the phone to me.. mom grabbed the phone first and teased us like anything before finally giving me the phone.. was blushing madly by the time i got the phone and spoke for a very very long time.. :)

first gift

hubby had to leave me at his parents place just after 10 days after marriage.. he came for a visit after 2 weeks or so and brought me a sweet little diamond ring.. nothing too flashy, just something that will remain as one of my favourite rings among all my other pieces of jewelry..

8. veronica123

veronica123 Bronze IL'ite

Life before DH:

Was always busy in studies.

Life after meeting DH:

Making best efforts get good rank than dh..Having silly fights with him in the college.:rotfl

First impression on him:

He helped me when I was stuck with my college work.That was the first time,i spent more time with him.Became good friends.:thumbsup

life before getting engaged

Slowly started realizing that this relation is more than friendship.Long long calls with him everyday and long long talks with him in the college..

days between engagement and marriage

Took little over 6 years to convince both side of parents.There was 2 months between the engagement and the marriage.. By this time,we already have the routine of chatting everyday(thanks to internet).

life after marriage

Blessed to have him.But he has his negatives.Still trying my best to go with them.Had silly fights and serious big fights and crying,venting,what not(thanks to my in-laws)...But thank god,we are still hanging to each other.
    DH Minus Inlaws= Best....:hide:

first phone call

DH called me first time,to convince me to come for the college picnic

first gift

Well,gave many gifts so far.But first gift is a rose.

first date:

Went on a long drive on my DH's bday. :shhh:

All I can say,Life before marriage and after marriage may not be same.Priorities will change.So,you have to cope up with them and have fun,atleast try..:thumbsup

Thanks.

9. Visa235

Visa235 Senior IL'ite

Wow.. how many replies and i see that everyone are very happy, excited and eager in writing the replies.. Great ladies.. its good to remember the good old days ...and am happy i got a chance to remind you all about it.. share the same written here with your hubbies.. they too ll get that josh ... :):):)... Hey Vidhyadev am also getting married in a month and its arranged marriage