1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband being very selfish

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gowrhi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

His character may be from birth you will not be able to change this character, since you don't have any kids it is advisable to walk alone and be happy in your rest of life.

Why you should obey without any love & affection.

1 person likes this.
  2. shire

shire Senior IL'ite

Well said....

1 person likes this.
  3. shire

shire Senior IL'ite

I agree with you 100%

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Gowrhi

I would advise you to be calm for some time. From your below lines, I understood he is a careful spender and does not spend even for himself. That way its good for you. He may be saving for your future. Atleast he has some plans for his life. So do not disturb now. After all its for you both for your future lives to be better or may be repaying loans taken for his studies. Does your P-in-law stay with you or in India? Do they / your DH own a house for which he is sending money? Then its fine. You are married for 3 years now.

Ask him politely what is he spending for........ how much is his take home salary? Can you start doing some course which can help you work from home or, are you in a position to buy an employee visa which can help you to take up job? Just sit and discuss with him. What are his assurances and promises before wedding was arranged? Quote them to him and ask that he has to support you and not your mother any more. Tell your mother to be bolder and you also be polite but firm and bold to face him. First try to grab the info. Still if you find him not co-operative / committed and loving, they tell him that you may have to take some drastic steps.

Then you decide after giving some more time.

Good luck
    shanti