1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many things can go wrong in one day?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Vij99, May 29, 2013.

1. Vij99

Vij99 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Did you face this kind of a situation where everything that could possibly go wrong went wrng all in 1 day?!

There is a fight going on between hus and I, my kid is sick, my co-workers are teasing me coz I volunteered to take up a task at office!, my friends complained for something, with everything I feel like crying.
    I just want to go home, sit and cry.

How do you keep up with such stressful days.

2. CHINCHILLA

CHINCHILLA Gold IL'ite

By watching comedy movies, youtube comedy clips or listening to music. But my preference is watching movies.. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. olivellam

olivellam Silver IL'ite

by coming to IL and venting out :). Relax, look at the positive side, you have a job, husband albeit fighting, a kid who will get well soon and friends.. Tackle one thing at a time, IGNORE the teasing, it's not going to get them or you anywhere. Focus on the sick kid right now, husbands could be handled later.

If possible, try to take a walk for 10 minutes, will clear your mind.

2 people like this.
  4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Undisturbed sleep / nap will do the trick.

2 people like this.
  5. sirikad

sirikad Senior IL'ite

Don't take unnecessary things to Heart.. be happy..

6. Vij99

Vij99 Senior IL'ite

Hmm sounds good.
    I already lost lot of hair with this stress.

7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

It is stress only if you see it as stress and you try to get rid of it using you intelligence - it never works and that is additional stress.

At such times I see myself a fool who doesn't know anything - who can't differentiate pain & pleasure.

Wow it works well - when I accept I am a fool - that's bliss - I enjoy that moment & then it is fun - a hand grenade is hurled at me - I just push it aside & walk like the Super Star Rajini.

Now that I have to a certain extent conditioned my mind - I don't get stressed - but I long for stress because I enjoy calling myself a fool & walking like the Super Star. :)

Last edited: May 29, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. veronica123

veronica123 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vij99,

I have been to this situation many times.Infact,add up 2 kids there.But again,i also used to be so stressed out.But slowly started realizing that its taking my happiness away.This is what I do in these cases:

1)If possible take a day off from work.

2)Ignore DH and dont cook for that day and order food from outside.If he keeps bothering you,give him a hug(even its his mistake,u can deal better when you are in a calm and happy mood) and tell him that u have much other imp thing to take care of kid than to argue with DH and you know that you both would reconcile later anyway,as you love each other;)

3)Stop talking to all those friends and all,eat well,stay with the kid.Because he needs you to the most and pamper yourself a little with TV or whatever.

4)Finally keep telling your self this "Whether its good or bad,things will change" :)

These things will get me some happiness.If i am happy,then i can make others happy.Crying is good way to vent out,but it never showed me any solution,so why to cry,instead try to ignore all.Keep practicing it and i am sure you will see a difference.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. Nimbu

Nimbu Silver IL'ite

Fight with H - Ignore that day will be alright soon
    Sick Kid - Pay attention immediately
    Co-workers & Work - Take off that day so that you can take care of your kid which is priority meanwhile you forget your office worries
    Friends complain - Leave it there without kindling it

While you kid is recovering ..you relax by doing the thing which makes you happy the most. It could be a simple phone call and talking to your mom/loved ones when venting you will be relieved completely.

1 person likes this.
  10. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite